Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NIL & College football

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: NIL & College football

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:42 pm

I have season tickets in the NEZ and in 212. I had no problem selling my tickets in 212 this year. With the waiting list for season tickets, it shouldn’t be difficult to sell off the ones that you don’t use and still come out even.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:44 pm

I hear you guys, but with the new per seat pricing I think season tickets are higher than $250.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:15 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:44 pm
I hear you guys, but with the new per seat pricing I think season tickets are higher than $250.
It all depends on what you are giving to the Yosef Club. The donation determines how many seats you can get and where.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:54 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:12 pm
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:02 pm
I wish I could agree with you on ticket pricing. But this is one of the best values in all of CFB. Season tickets are only $250 plus a donation unless you sit in the hoity-toity section. That’s about $42 a ticket. In my opinion it’s an amazing deal.
Season tickets are a great deal. However, for those alumni with school-age kids who are active on the weekends, season tickets are not really an option. We do need to look at family-friendly options. Perhaps, you join the Yosef Club for $200-$250 and you can buy a family package for another $250 for a family of 3-6 people that includes a football game of your choice from a pool of the FCS games and a Saturday conference game like Texas State, ULM, Georgia State and post-Chadwell Coastal Carolina, a Saturday basketball game in November, December, January and February and Jr. Mountaineer membership for the kids. Include remote parking with family activities for the Football Game with AppalCart transportation to the stadium.
What they really need to do is cut concession prices, instead of one slow nickel, how about five fast pennies?

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:28 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:15 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
It all depends on what you are giving to the Yosef Club. The donation determines how many seats you can get and where.
You do know that not all people prioritize AppState the way you do? I appreciate your love for AppState but do you ever look at it through the eyes of a 24 year old with two children. HousePayments, DanceLessons, HealthcareCosts, ElectricBills, Braces. These people have AppState down the list in their priorities even if they BLEED BLACK AND GOLD. Leave them out of the AppState family if you want but it could make for a bad game day experience one day. Anyway...I have beat it to death so I will leave it at this. I am not saying give em away for free but try to give them a chance. FAMILY PACK...especially to alumni. Imagine being in the student section and 4 years later need to choose children over App. I think that is where we are headed. Hopefully, I will be wrong.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:32 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:28 am
AppSt94 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
You do know that not all people prioritize AppState the way you do? I appreciate your love for AppState but do you ever look at it through the eyes of a 24 year old with two children. HousePayments, DanceLessons, HealthcareCosts, ElectricBills, Braces. These people have AppState down the list in their priorities even if they BLEED BLACK AND GOLD. Leave them out of the AppState family if you want but it could make for a bad game day experience one day. Anyway...I have beat it to death so I will leave it at this. I am not saying give em away for free but try to give them a chance. FAMILY PACK...especially to alumni. Imagine being in the student section and 4 years later need to choose children over App. I think that is where we are headed. Hopefully, I will be wrong.
Here’s and option for your family pack. Buy 2 or 4 season tickets, sell the ECU, Family Day and homecoming game tickets and you can go to the other 3 games for less than face value.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:04 am

spacemonkey wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
Welcome to this thing called life. Not being a smarta$$. If you look at winning college football programs (not all programs.. losing programs cannot give away tickets)..young alumni have to make choices for what is best for them. Our ticket prices are a bargain. I would suggest what one said above. Sell tickets for a good game and family day..you will make enough for other games to be below face value. I have seats in NEZ but live in DC. Cannot make but 3 home games. Have had no issue selling them and I sold games for not very good opponents..RM and El cid
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:17 am

AppSt94 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
To add on to AppSt94 post, here’s the per seat donation map to help you visualize and to find what will work for your price point.
https://www.mountaineersathleticfund.co ... 23-map.jpg
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:06 am

spacemonkey wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
I really don’t appreciate your assumption that I am only seeing it through eyes that don’t take into account anyones situation other than mine. I’ve been a young father and with young children with young person daily life needs. So yes, I certainly understand. I have never told anyone that they should prioritize App sports over any of those things. And a great deal of those issues that you speak of aren’t young adult issues alone. We all have struggles. I went a decade and more getting to a game here of there because of the same scenarios. Give what you can give and prioritize things as you need to in order to take care of your family. If the Yosef Club and App football fit into your budget, then great. You are blessed. If it doesn’t, then accept that it doesn’t right now and hopefully one day, you will be in a spot to do what you want and the way that you want to do it. Enjoy Christmas with your family.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:12 am

Guys it wasn’t until my 50’s that I could begin to made regular contributions and 60’s When I could make them 2500 a year and up. I get the pressure on young families. I recently made the smart choice to drop the Panthers and use that money at App. Not everyone has been as fortunate as me so imo any conversation about donations just not necessary. People who want to give give what they can and I appreciate every $. Those that don’t I’m not passing judgement on an online forum.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:24 pm

Give if you want to , and then what you can .Everyone is different .It's no one else's business.

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:12 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:17 am
AppSt94 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
To add on to AppSt94 post, here’s the per seat donation map to help you visualize and to find what will work for your price point.
https://www.mountaineersathleticfund.co ... 23-map.jpg
Why is there not a $250 section on the visitors side? Seems like going from the $400 section to a $175 section on either side is a big drop-off for still a great viewing spot.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:36 pm

I am not sure how buying tickets and reselling them helps the school. Good luck to all. I have my season tickets and as Stonewall said I give what I can and get matches as I can and love what App has done. I should quit questioning their choices and just enjoy AppState sports.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:37 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:36 pm
I am not sure how buying tickets and reselling them helps the school. Good luck to all. I have my season tickets and as Stonewall said I give what I can and get matches as I can and love what App has done. I should quit questioning their choices and just enjoy AppState sports.
Merry Christmas to all of you hard-headed AppState fans. I enjoy this site and all of yalls opinions...even yours AppSt94.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:18 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:36 pm
Reselling allows me to purchase season tickets. Live in Southport and make a few games a year. If I couldn’t resell wouldn’t but season tickets. So reselling does bring money to the university when I write the check.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:27 pm

What they need is a hopper season ticket. You do not know where your seats will be until the week before the game.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:12 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:12 pm
I've been saying pretty much everything in this article for over a year now. This article makes some really good points about NIL deals and college football. **If someone has already posted this, I will delete this post.

https://sportscroll.com/heres-how-the-n ... 5021920016
It's not NIL, it's pay for play. Let's get that right first so you can frame the argument.

Anyone who uses NIL to describe the current processes are either lying or don't understand the subject.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:23 pm

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:42 pm

appdaze wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:23 pm
I think I see its tail still moving.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:09 pm

It is pay for play and frankly I see the sport , and the players , a little differently now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”