Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App took out "Full Page JUCO Ad"

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

App took out "Full Page JUCO Ad"

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Thought you all might find this interesting. This was posted a little while ago on Twitter. I haven't had time to find the actual "ad" yet but I will. The is a pic posted by the person below. You can't see the whole thing but I think you can get the idea.

Ja'Laiahs Papi‏@DenaBoyRozay
Appalachian state is looking for DBs get y'all email on pic.twitter.com/eRXiSt3X16

http://t.co/eRXiSt3X16

EDIT:Decided to edit the title now that I've found out a little more info (see post below)
Last edited by firemoose on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppAttack

Re: App takes out "Full Page JUCO Ad"

Unread post by AppAttack » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 pm

"yeah I sent him yo name and shit when you get yo film post it on there"

LOL

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:41 pm

AppAttack wrote:"yeah I sent him yo name and shit when you get yo film post it on there"

LOL
Yeah..I know...I guess I read this stuff so much I don't even notice anymore...LOL

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 pm

OK...from what I have found it appears that word was put out on or around April 17 and was added to a Facebook page called JuCo Football Forer. This site is known for hooking up JUCO players and schools by giving them a place to submit film and information to schools. The pic appears to be a combo of an App publicity shot with the words;
"Appalachian State which will become an FBS Program (Sun Belt Conference) in 2014 is looking for JuCo Cornerback, JuCo Safety, JuCo Linebacker, JuCo Running Back and JuCo Offensive Tackle for the 2013 Recruiting Class." added to it. There have been 33 player submissions so far. Players are still adding film and info to the site and the persons running it then send it on to some of our coaches.

I know it's been stated that we were pretty well set for 2013 as of a week or so ago but that if someone popped up that they would be given serious consideration. No doubt that we're still keeping our eyes open, just in case.

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

firemoose wrote:OK...from what I have found it appears that word was put out on or around April 17 and was added to a Facebook page called JuCo Football Forer. This site is known for hooking up JUCO players and schools by giving them a place to submit film and information to schools. The pic appears to be a combo of an App publicity shot with the words;
"Appalachian State which will become an FBS Program (Sun Belt Conference) in 2014 is looking for JuCo Cornerback, JuCo Safety, JuCo Linebacker, JuCo Running Back and JuCo Offensive Tackle for the 2013 Recruiting Class." added to it. There have been 33 player submissions so far. Players are still adding film and info to the site and the persons running it then send it on to some of our coaches.

I know it's been stated that we were pretty well set for 2013 as of a week or so ago but that if someone popped up that they would be given serious consideration. No doubt that we're still keeping our eyes open, just in case.
Was any of this done in an 'official' capacity from the Athletic Department?

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:55 pm

appmaj wrote:Was any of this done in an 'official' capacity from the Athletic Department?
Not the pic I posted in the OP. As I said it was a combo of a publicity pic with words added. That being said the AD and coaching staff had to put word out as to what we were looking for. Nothing wrong with that. It's not like going after a single player at another school. These JUCO kids are finishing their two years anyway and are available to go where ever they want to. And there are plenty of sites that help match JUCO players with schools so they can continue to play and further their education. Putting word out as to what you need just helps shorten the list of prospects and makes sure the ones who might be interested in you are ones you have an area of need for. Just so happens we needed a bunch this year but the fact that any JUCO coming in would be finished before we reach bowl status didn't help our cause much or so it appears from the lack of players coming in for 2013.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”