Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Stadium experience Director

Tru2ASU
School: Appalachian State

Re: What is new at The Rock

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:47 am

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:33 am
PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:58 pm
appdaze wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:35 pm
Alright, everyone. New director of your stadium experience. Time to blow up his email about cups with ice, bbq, and beer sales. Where is our Cabin reverend? Someone needs to say a prayer for this man.

Dead man walking!!! :lol:
This seemed to hold up pretty well I’d say?!

Revenue generation over all. If revenue per game is up, he'll be hailed as a superhero at the end of the year.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Re: Stadium experience Director

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:45 pm

As a fan, I, like others…have complaints and or we have seen how things could be changed for the better on the East side. As a small biz owner, I also know how hard it is to please everyone every day of the week.
My initial post back in June was tongue in cheek. I know it’s a hard job…maybe the powers that be who might read this board should reach out to a few East side folks and ask questions.
So, yes I’m critical but I’m not that blind to see how it’s difficult to fit that many people into a small venue without problems arising. However, APP new well I advance the crowd numbers and weather for that day in regards to concessions/safety concerns.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:20 pm

Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:46 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:43 am
I’m just hoping the future connection will hide the fact the NEZ complex was built off-center. It may not bother some people but it’s always bugged me.
always bothered me as well. truly WHY?

the west side of the stadium isn't enjoyable at all. Needs to be torn down.

Not sure if you have east and west backwards, but sitting on the west (home) side, I walked over to the east (away) side just before halftime and man, what a mistake. Not only was it 20degrees hotter, it was a complete Cluster F***. Couldn’t walk or hardly move, lines blocking the way even more so than west side, not many options. Not to mention walking around the scoreboard was like moving through a zombie wasteland or under an overpass.
Never been more happy that I sit on west side and would never move to east side in its current configuration.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:23 pm

The Rock wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:20 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
I’m just hoping the future connection will hide the fact the NEZ complex was built off-center. It may not bother some people but it’s always bugged me.

Not sure if you have east and west backwards, but sitting on the west (home) side, I walked over to the east (away) side just before halftime and man, what a mistake. Not only was it 20degrees hotter, it was a complete Cluster F***. Couldn’t walk or hardly move, lines blocking the way even more so than west side, not many options. Not to mention walking around the scoreboard was like moving through a zombie wasteland or under an overpass.
Never been more happy that I sit on west side and would never move to east side in its current configuration.
Could we temporarily add concrete (would have to dig it up later) in the lower hill a little and add metal bleachers for the students? Or just maybe bring in temp seating too in the SEZ. Get them away from the SEZ concourse and lingering under the scoreboard to create better access connecting concourses? I love the hill, but there is so much room there to mitigate the East and West crowds with concessions/restrooms/water etc.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:36 pm

I recall during a game last year sitting on the east side. A family beside me left to get concessions early in the first quarter. I swear they didn't return until the second half. They left stuff there and eventually got back- and had food and drinks. No idea where they went but if they truly waited for concessions that long. Wow

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:40 pm

Thats life on the east side. I buy a bottle of something to drink when I first get in the stadium (about 45 minutes before the game) and ration it until I leave after the game. I do not go back under there again unless I have to go to the bathroom near the end of halftime. It’s horrible under there.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:53 pm

Listen…most stadium have the same issue with the sun. The other stuff can be and needs to be fixed

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:55 pm

What is the official water bottle policy? Some were let in some out. Seems like a good policy to allow one unopened bottle, especially for the September games.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:21 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:55 pm
What is the official water bottle policy? Some were let in some out. Seems like a good policy to allow one unopened bottle, especially for the September games.
https://appstatesports.com/sports/2023/ ... adium.aspx

No outside food or drink is accepted into Kidd Brewer Stadium.

Water fountains are available in the concourses.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:27 pm

I sit on the east side and aside from the September sun, it’s always great. I don’t eat in the stadium ( I tailgate) but do get drinks. Takes me about 2 minutes to get a beer and I can get in and out of the bathroom during a tv timeout. Now if I wait till halftime or between quarters all that takes a ton longer. All those 3 minute timeouts do come in handy, some of you should try it.

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:28 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:55 pm
I was not allowed to bring in an empty water bottle.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:29 pm

Story: Dude in front of me had a bottle of rum. He was a college kid. He just put it down on the ground about 20 feet from the gate. I, being the bad influence and researcher that I am, said hey man, you might as well try to sneak it in versus wasting it. He picked it up, walked right through the metal detectors (which I expected because it's not metal obviously), but then proceeded to walk to the left of the ticket scanner line and didn't have his tickets or his person checked.

So, we have people who are getting their 16oz bottles of water thrown away, but hammered college kids can sneak in a pint of rum.

Either hire the appropriate amount of people to enforce the rules or make rules that make sense.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:03 pm

My sons were telling me that the water fountains on the east side were cut off. They were dying of thirst and had to pay for water because they couldn't fill any empties up.
Last edited by ASUTodd on Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:44 pm

Westside water fountains were on all summer for various camps and band.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:15 pm

They've got about 1 week to figure it out. ECU weekend is approaching FAST.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:19 am

For future games, one unopened water bottle allowed. ..and east side water fountains should be working
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:25 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:29 pm
Story: Dude in front of me had a bottle of rum. He was a college kid. He just put it down on the ground about 20 feet from the gate. I, being the bad influence and researcher that I am, said hey man, you might as well try to sneak it in versus wasting it. He picked it up, walked right through the metal detectors (which I expected because it's not metal obviously), but then proceeded to walk to the left of the ticket scanner line and didn't have his tickets or his person checked.

So, we have people who are getting their 16oz bottles of water thrown away, but hammered college kids can sneak in a pint of rum.

Either hire the appropriate amount of people to enforce the rules or make rules that make sense.
Not me putting airplane bottles of water in my boots...

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:29 am

The Rock wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:20 pm
APPdiesel wrote:

brain fart. east side. doesn't seem a lot of thought went into it.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:27 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:25 am
ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:29 pm

Not me putting airplane bottles of water in my boots...
That's just called fiscal responsibility.

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:16 pm

They did not specify what constitutes a bottle. May take a gallon jug in and dare them to stop me, if anything is said.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”