Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Away Game Tickets

ASUFan4863
School: Appalachian State

Re: Away Game Tickets

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:46 am

The process it self of giving level may not be the best. You can make the inverse argument that a new donor giving $10K should have a better opportunity than a 10 year donor giving less than $1k/year. The biggest room for improvement is the ticket limits as mentioned above. It ruins the integrity of the system. Cap it off at how many season tickets you have or 4 tickets (whichever is higher).

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:49 am

Doesn't solve concerns above..but wonder if you all can buy from UNC ticket office. Have they communicated the game is "sold out".
Realize would not desire to go that route, however, at this point, gets you tickets.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:58 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:07 am
97grad wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:54 am
UNC sold out. 13 year YC member and I can't get tickets.
Yup. Should have been done on points -- not this years giving level.

Someone who has given $900 for the last 13 years (just giving numbers -- not saying this is your giving level) should be ahead of someone who gave $1000 this year only...
MAF Points this year were calculated on cumulative giving. If you look at the annual giving line this year vs last year. Last year was just based on that years giving. Not sure if those are the same points they used for assigning ticket purchases

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:14 am

There isn’t a one way fits all solution. Going off current donor level upsets long term donors, (albeit lower amounts per annum). Using the point system discourages those larger donors and in turn reduces the revenue to YC.

It’s a slippery slope for sure, but if you are looking at it from the ADs perspective, they don’t need past dollars. They are operating in the now and preparing for the future. So if you can get some folks to increase donations to grab more perks at the risk of losing a smaller donor because they can’t or don’t want to keep up, (poor choice of words but relevant) then what do you do?

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:14 am

appbanker wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:58 am
AppStateNews wrote:
97grad wrote:

Someone who has given $900 for the last 13 years (just giving numbers -- not saying this is your giving level) should be ahead of someone who gave $1000 this year only...
MAF Points this year were calculated on cumulative giving. If you look at the annual giving line this year vs last year. Last year was just based on that years giving. Not sure if those are the same points they used for assigning ticket purchases
It isn't. Which day this week you could purchase tickets was determined solely by *this year's* giving.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:17 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:14 am
There isn’t a one way fits all solution. Going off current donor level upsets long term donors, (albeit lower amounts per annum). Using the point system discourages those larger donors and in turn reduces the revenue to YC.

It’s a slippery slope for sure, but if you are looking at it from the ADs perspective, they don’t need past dollars. They are operating in the now and preparing for the future. So if you can get some folks to increase donations to grab more perks at the risk of losing a smaller donor because they can’t or don’t want to keep up, (poor choice of words but relevant) then what do you do?
As I said, it's short term thinking. The donor that ponied up big this year because they wanted UNC tickets isn't likely to to stay at that level (if they stay at all) in subsequent years. And as I said above, why should the rest of us raise our level if we're not banking those dollars for something like this?

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:18 am

Probably a lost cause, but if anyone who got UNC tickets has 2 extras and would like to help a Mountaineer out, PM me.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:25 am

Tried purchasing 10 for ccu and 6 for USM. The system got stuck spinning and never finalized the purchase. In my infinite wisdom, I tried breaking up the purchases. I was able to complete the 10 ticket purchase but the system will not allow me to use the promotional code again to purchase the 6 for USM. FML
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:41 am

moonshine wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:25 am
Tried purchasing 10 for ccu and 6 for USM. The system got stuck spinning and never finalized the purchase. In my infinite wisdom, I tried breaking up the purchases. I was able to complete the 10 ticket purchase but the system will not allow me to use the promotional code again to purchase the 6 for USM. FML
Because you are only allowed to purchase 10 total for home games.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:45 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:41 am
moonshine wrote:
Well that sucks! Thought it was up to 10 per game. Person who responded to my email didn’t mention me hitting a limit. Hope the USM game doesn’t sell out before next Wednesday.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:45 am

moonshine wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:45 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:41 am
moonshine wrote:
Well that sucks! Thought it was up to 10 per game. Person who responded to my email didn’t mention me hitting a limit. Hope the USM game doesn’t sell out before next Wednesday.
It says it on the email sent out about the sale.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:46 am

97grad wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:17 am
AppSt94 wrote:

As I said, it's short term thinking. The donor that ponied up big this year because they wanted UNC tickets isn't likely to to stay at that level (if they stay at all) in subsequent years. And as I said above, why should the rest of us raise our level if we're not banking those dollars for something like this?
I'm not sure that screwing over the people who gave when there were 12,000 people in attendance to take care of the people who are reaping the benefits of someone else's dedication now is a sound policy, but it's what they're doing. I guess it remains to be seen if it is a good business decision or not.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:49 am

97grad wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:17 am
AppSt94 wrote:

I don’t see anything wrong with the approach that you mentioned. I upped mine to get into Day 2 which wasn’t a huge jump for me. I can’t say that I won’t go back down, but I will definitely keep giving.

Bumping up is a personal choice. I won’t pretend to know your situation and I’m not telling you how to spend your money. But here is my overall opinion on the choice. If someone is giving the same amount today that they weee giving 10-15 years ago then they need to understand that the level of giving versus perks aren’t going to be the same.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:50 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:45 am
It says it on the email sent out about the sale.
Yes the email says, “purchase a maximum of 10 tickets per home game…”

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:52 am

I really don't understand why they just don't use total points, it give the older givers credit for their longevity of loyalty and still gives new givers incentive to give greater amounts to overcome the years of giving. I have issue with someone giving 1200 for a year being higher than someone who gave 750 for ten years. But I don't have an issue with someone giving 8000 for a year being higher than that same person who gave 750 for 10 years, simply because the cumulative number is greater. I really think total giving amount (with bonuses for years of giving) is what should always matter.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:55 am

97grad wrote:
Ugh. Never even got my code and haven't been able to call this morning.

Guess I'll be sending my money to UNC (or Stubhub) instead of App.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:04 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:15 am
97grad wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:10 am
AppStateNews wrote:
97grad wrote:

Fully agree - this is garbage. Full disclosure: I was not "at the ready" at 9am like I arguably should have been. But with my giving history I should not have had to be.
Fortunately, it's a good problem to have. The amount of donors and money coming in since Ransdell came on board is truly remarkable.

Unfortunately, it's going to price a lot of "old timers" out. Also, I have heard this was done because, once again, UNC fans were trying to buy our allotment.
That seems dubious to me for a game at Kenan. It's not like UNC has a waiting list for tickets. Hard to believe there wouldn't be a better option for their fans than making a relatively large YC donation in order to buy tickets for some of the poorer seats in the house.

apphiker

Unread post by apphiker » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:06 am

Has anyone tried buying single game home tickets from a phone? It doesn’t seem to work from mine, and I won’t have access to my computer until Sunday.
Last edited by apphiker on Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:10 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:49 am
Doesn't solve concerns above..but wonder if you all can buy from UNC ticket office. Have they communicated the game is "sold out".
Realize would not desire to go that route, however, at this point, gets you tickets.
***UNC single-game tickets go on public sale August 1.***

It has not been announced as a sellout, and their window for Rams Club single-game ticket requests has already closed.

That being said, they are currently running a "2 pack" deal for tickets to any two of Minnesota/Syracuse/Miami/Virginia, and they also had a July 4 sale of Miami tickets for $17.76. The fact that they aren't including App in any such promotions presumably indicates that there are fewer tickets available for our game than those others.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:20 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:10 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:49 am
***UNC single-game tickets go on public sale August 1.***

It has not been announced as a sellout, and their window for Rams Club single-game ticket requests has already closed.

That being said, they are currently running a "2 pack" deal for tickets to any two of Minnesota/Syracuse/Miami/Virginia, and they also had a July 4 sale of Miami tickets for $17.76. The fact that they aren't including App in any such promotions presumably indicates that there are fewer tickets available for our game than those others.
I believe that there is also a 3 pack ticket that includes App.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”