Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ESPN

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Re: ESPN

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:19 pm

I believe my 3 stream device limit is per family member. So if you have multiple people linked to your account (Up to 6 can be added), basically only 3 people can watch at the same time. Just an FYI for anyone that shares with family members.
Last edited by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 on Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:20 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:57 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:39 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:49 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:47 am
So, general question with YouTube TV...can you watch on TV and stream on computer?..so when you travel you can watch. Is a charge for how many TV's you watch on? With DirecTV, I would have to pay separately for streaming I believe..so I never signed up. Also, each box has a charge.

Yes, I can Google it. 🤣🤣
Yes, you can watch on your TV, phone, tablet, or computer. I believe the base is 5 devices, but can pay more for unlimited.

We have a firestick attached to every tv that is not a smart tv. Install the Youtube TV app, log in, and done. You can take your firestick/phone/tablet with you anywhere you have internet/5g and watch your local channels and your DVR. It will also give you the option to switch to the local channels of the place you're visiting.
Everything he said…..if you have a new smart tv you don’t even need a fire stick
I’ve found that most smart tv apps don’t work as well as Roku, fire stick, or chromecast. But I have definitely not missed cable.
I also prefer the features Chromecast offers, but I'm a big Google/Android user in general so could just be my bias
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:04 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:19 pm
I believe my 3 stream device limit is per family member. So if you have multiple people linked to your account (Up to 6 can be added), basically only 3 people can watch at the same time. Just an FYI for anyone that shares with family members.
The basic plan does only allow 3 concurrent connections, but you can upgrade for a minimal fee for unlimited I believe (at least you used to be able to).
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:22 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:20 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:57 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:39 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:49 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:47 am
So, general question with YouTube TV...can you watch on TV and stream on computer?..so when you travel you can watch. Is a charge for how many TV's you watch on? With DirecTV, I would have to pay separately for streaming I believe..so I never signed up. Also, each box has a charge.

Yes, I can Google it. 🤣🤣
Yes, you can watch on your TV, phone, tablet, or computer. I believe the base is 5 devices, but can pay more for unlimited.

We have a firestick attached to every tv that is not a smart tv. Install the Youtube TV app, log in, and done. You can take your firestick/phone/tablet with you anywhere you have internet/5g and watch your local channels and your DVR. It will also give you the option to switch to the local channels of the place you're visiting.
Everything he said…..if you have a new smart tv you don’t even need a fire stick
I’ve found that most smart tv apps don’t work as well as Roku, fire stick, or chromecast. But I have definitely not missed cable.
I also prefer the features Chromecast offers, but I'm a big Google/Android user in general so could just be my bias
We had Google TV and when they got out of the TV business they sent us 2 Chromcast dongles and a 2 mesh routers. Can’t complain about that.
WE ARE YOSEF!

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:28 pm

I had Hulu Live bundle for a couple of years. Never watched Disney though. Then Disney started fighting with Sinclair Television so we lost our ABC station. After a couple of communications I decided to switch to Youtube TV. It is awesome and I subscribe to ESPN+ Glad I switched and I will not go back to Hulu.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:06 pm

I like the Hulu - our granddaughter loves Disney+ and I love ESPN+ and also have Hulu Live - the problem I have here in Wake County is they aren't allowed to show The Hurricanes nor The Braves - some squabble with Bally ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:36 pm

I’m trying YouTube TV free for 21 days. After 24 hours it’s very good. Can’t get the channel guide to populate but that’s probably me. I have the $50 T Mobile home internet, and so far no buffering at all.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:19 am

I like the Hulu package. It's a nice interface and has some good programming. The Hulu archive of shows is also good, but if you get another live service, you can still get that pretty cheap if you want it. My only real frustration has been with their practice of locking your account to a specific router. You can logon through a mobile device (phone, tablet, laptop) from anywhere but if your SmartTV, Firestick or Roku logon from a different IP from what is being tracked, they' track it. You're allowed only 4 changes per year so a single vacation to a fixed location can be handled but I think the policy stinks. Seems to me the limit of 3 concurrent sessions should be sufficient to prevent sharing of accounts. This policy came into play recently because I switched to T-Mobile's 5G home router recently (great price). The problem with the 5G routers is that for some reason, the IP address switches periodically and Hulu couldn't tell it was the same router in the same location. I had to call Hulu a few times and complain, but the issue seems to have corrected.

I've been tempted to try YouTubeTV and after reading this thread, I am likely to switch if issues like this persist.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:37 am

Will be swapping to YouTube today.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”