Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tanyi gets a Turnover

newtoasu

Tanyi gets a Turnover

Unread post by newtoasu » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Tanyi Just recovered a Colorado fumble for Colorado State in the 2nd qtr. Announcer correctly pronounces Appalachian for those who are interested.

appalum2003

Re: Tanyi gets a Turnover

Unread post by appalum2003 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:17 pm

I've moved on - don't care about Tanyi in the least anymore. He plays for a different team now.

MountainMan

Unread post by MountainMan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:44 pm

It's not the most important news of the day, but I'm glad to hear about anything good for Mr. Tanyi. Hope he has a successful year.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Me too, hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity.

t4pizza
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:25 pm

appalum2003 wrote:I've moved on - don't care about Tanyi in the least anymore. He plays for a different team now.
I don't understand this mindset. He is an alumni of App and is only able to play for another school because he graduated and enrolled in grad school at Colorado State. I hope he learned a valuable lesson for whatever role he played in the events that led to his ineligibility at App and I wish him well in his future endeavors. I watched some of that game on replay and was pleased to see how well he played. He appears to be making the best of this opportunity.

appalum2003

Unread post by appalum2003 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:14 am

t4pizza wrote:
appalum2003 wrote:I've moved on - don't care about Tanyi in the least anymore. He plays for a different team now.
I don't understand this mindset. He is an alumni of App and is only able to play for another school because he graduated and enrolled in grad school at Colorado State. I hope he learned a valuable lesson for whatever role he played in the events that led to his ineligibility at App and I wish him well in his future endeavors. I watched some of that game on replay and was pleased to see how well he played. He appears to be making the best of this opportunity.
The point is that he left. Sure, he graduated. He could still play for ASU as a graduate student - I'm pretty sure Pierre Banks did (could be wrong here.) I don't mean any ill will toward Tanyi - I'm just not going to watch CSU games on pins and needles hoping he gets a big sack.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:34 am

appalum2003 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
The point is that he left. Sure, he graduated. He could still play for ASU as a graduate student - I'm pretty sure Pierre Banks did (could be wrong here.) I don't mean any ill will toward Tanyi - I'm just not going to watch CSU games on pins and needles hoping he gets a big sack.
Actually because of the "Student Court" ruling he could not play for App thus who could blame him for going to another program to play. We'll never know all the facts of this situation but I still will support him and any App grad in there activities after graduation, unless their actions warrant otherwise. He looked pretty good in the game.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 am

appalum2003 wrote: The point is that he left. Sure, he graduated. He could still play for ASU as a graduate student - I'm pretty sure Pierre Banks did (could be wrong here.) I don't mean any ill will toward Tanyi - I'm just not going to watch CSU games on pins and needles hoping he gets a big sack.
I am not sure what he is going to grad school for at CSU, but maybe App didn't offer what he wants to do?
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 am

He got completely screwed over. Glad to see him successful. It's our loss and a big one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”