Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

EZU discussion

appdaze

Re: EZU discussion

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:28 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:21 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:13 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:05 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:56 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:48 am
How is the NCAA going to stop it?
That is simple but unpopular. They can fine schools every time until schools put a stop to it or they could up it to harsher penalties. All it's going to take are the lawsuits to start rolling in. It just takes one and people around the country will start suing when they get injured rushing fields. I've heard a number of times of people breaking things including legs rushing the field. In this lawsuit happy age we live in, schools are sitting on a razors edge in the name of letting the students have fun.
I believe that there are fines in place. Unless the school is complicit in allowing this to happen, it seems unfair to apply punitive damages.
Well this kind of stuff typically throws fair out the window. Unless we put up big signs every five feet along the edge of the field that says no rushing the field then post officers that truly keep the fans off the field than it could be easily argued that we are complicit in fans doing it by not truly attempting to stop them.

I used to feel different about storming fields when it was such a rare occasion saved for the biggest of big games. Now it's an every week social media photo op. Where students will do dumber and dumber things. How long until there is a tik tok challenge involving field storming?
Good point on the Tik Tok Challenge. I look at as being on the field is considered trespassing. Create a barrier, which we have and make the announcement to say off the field. NEZ ticket holders were told after Troy that if you go on the field then you will have your tickets revoked. Maybe you make it punishable by suspension from school. You can’t catch everyone, but if you catch enough, then it will get attention. Either from the students, or the parents of these students.
I wish there was an easy way to do it. I'm 100% guilty myself, but the last time I was on that field was 07 or 08 I can't remember now. I just hope we get proactive with this because I worry what the consequences of being reactive will be.

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:32 pm

Hilarious seeing EZU fans saying we won because they were our Super Bowl. The same team that would can’t compete with our DIVISION thinks they’re that important to us :lol: They have declined to the level of their conference mates- UNC-C at Concord.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:38 pm

Leading up to yesterday they were our Super Bowl.

Today, they mean nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Now, Wyoming is our Super Bowl.

That’s how these things work.

You’d think the other football school in the state would know that.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:50 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:00 pm
We heard an ambulance, maybe two, leaving the stadium while we were in traffic coming down from Top of the Rock. Then we saw another one coming back to the stadium, lights on, when we made it to stadium drive. Were there injuries from the field rush?
Well, one of those ambulances had my wife in it, and she didnt rush the field. She had some chest pains around halftime, and spent the night at Watauga Hospital. The good news is they have ruled out heart problems. Not quite sure what the problem was but at least we know what it was not. The fine folks at Watauga Hosp. have been great!

JohnnyBurrito

Unread post by JohnnyBurrito » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:52 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:50 pm
goapps93 wrote:
We heard an ambulance, maybe two, leaving the stadium while we were in traffic coming down from Top of the Rock. Then we saw another one coming back to the stadium, lights on, when we made it to stadium drive. Were there injuries from the field rush?
Well, one of those ambulances had my wife in it, and she didnt rush the field. She had some chest pains around halftime, and spent the night at Watauga Hospital. The good news is they have ruled out heart problems. Not quite sure what the problem was but at least we know what it was not. The fine folks at Watauga Hosp. have been great!
Praying for good results.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
Sorry to hear that and I hope she's feeling better. We didn't hang around to watch the field rush like we did last year after the hail Mary. I was a little more worried when we saw that ambulance coming back to the stadium.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:49 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
Sorry to hear this. Glad that they have ruled out heart issues. Prayers to you and your family man.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:01 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
Glad she is ok….game anxiety will do that to you.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:43 pm

Some of you posters need medication. Questioning our preparation. our intensity and our speed. We were well prepared and made adjustments throughout the game. Both lines played hard and with FIRE all day. Offensive players were congratulating our defense after every stop. Defensive players were mobbing our players after every scoring play. This is a very close-knit group that is growing and maturing during every game. Some of you can spew your vitriole/cry & whine but I am gonna enjoy the ride. Sometimes it takes 4 quarters to win a game!!! LMAO...but you are entertaining so continue your discussions while the rest of us shake our heads and laugh at your extreme emotional outbursts...at least you care enough to comment.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:11 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Praying for speedy recovery.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:17 pm

Our coaching staff is getting good reviews on some comments I noted on EasyU board. Well prepared and OL played well together, etc.
#99ForPresident!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:27 pm

I’ve been impressed with Oline losing two great seniors last year and shuffling tackles late in camp/first few games.

We appear to be growing there each week and get stronger as the game progresses each week.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:25 pm

Was at the game and now have watched the replay.We are much better than Etsey .Our mental miscues kept them in the game , nothing else .We gave up half of their points directly , and another 7 indirectly on 3 mental errors , all part of the game of course , but it was a beat down with a score not reflective.Loudest crowd I can recall from my vantage point .All units appear much improved over the past couple of weeks and of course , last season.Good depth on both sides , new guys stepping up . If we keep improving ...look out.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:27 pm

Yesterday was a testament that no helmet stripes on black helmets is the standard.
#99ForPresident!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:40 pm

Maybe we can put up some "Get off my lawn" signs to keep the students off the field.
The Appalachian State

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:47 pm

Didn’t get to watch the game due to my daughters 2nd bday until 5 minutes left in the game. Glad to see we got the win. It is worrisome with the turnovers because we do that against a good team, we are going to have a tough time pulling out a win. Overall, proud of how the season has gone so far. Let’s go out to Wyoming and come back with no injuries and a win!!
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

App91

Unread post by App91 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:35 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:43 am
If one wants to cure fumble-itis use the Tiki Barber "school of how not to fumble". He fumbled quite a bit early in NFL career. Took a lot of work in off-season..but he did it.
Hate it for Kanye. That young man is a gifted running back no matter what plays they called for him.
Back in the late 80's you could tell which RB may have fumbled in a game because he would be carrying a FB around campus all week! "Son, you are carrying MY program in your arm!"

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:35 pm

App91 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:35 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
If one wants to cure fumble-itis use the Tiki Barber "school of how not to fumble". He fumbled quite a bit early in NFL career. Took a lot of work in off-season..but he did it.
Hate it for Kanye. That young man is a gifted running back no matter what plays they called for him.
Back in the late 80's you could tell which RB may have fumbled in a game because he would be carrying a FB around campus all week! "Son, you are carrying MY program in your arm!"
So out of curiousity, what is the magic formula for a player to learn/develop skills to avoid fumbles? Does carrying the ball around campus really do it or is that just a false sense of accomplishment? Seriously, what does work?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:39 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:35 pm
App91 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:35 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
So out of curiousity, what is the magic formula for a player to learn/develop skills to avoid fumbles? Does carrying the ball around campus really do it or is that just a false sense of accomplishment? Seriously, what does work?
Same thing as everything else -- practice. It's not natural to keep the ball high and tight and trying to run fast and juke people. So, the more often you do it the right way, the more natural it becomes.

Carrying a ball around campus doesn't really work any more. It used to be if you saw someone holding the ball, it was fair game to try to get the ball out. If you get the ball out and it's seen, the player gets an extra lap/sprint at that days practice. You can't "punish" players like that any more so it's really pointless.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:52 pm

The age of Snow Flakes
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”