Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC, App State delivered another thriller — proving why it’s a series worth continuing

appfanjj
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC, App State delivered another thriller — proving why it’s a series worth continuing

Unread post by appfanjj » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:25 pm

ApexASU wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:42 am
https://h5.newsbreakapp.com/mp/0oQ8MpjH ... platform=0

Good article in Raleigh N&O.

So proud is the team and fans at the game. Go App! 💛🖤🏈
Good? Did not see anything good about it. Very condescending. Typical though. 🖤💛

Black Saturday

Re: UNC, App State delivered another thriller — proving why it’s a series worth continuing

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:35 pm

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:32 pm
Yeah, Mack’s “our guys have everything to lose and their guys have nothing to lose,” is the same bs as the “Super Bowl” comments.

Maybe with all those blue chips they land UNC football should stop being nothing more than a welfare leach of UNC basketball.
They have a supposedly $4-$5 million NIL QB. Without him APP may have swept the series with our players no one wanted.
BLACK SATURDAY

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:58 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:40 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:26 pm
scatman77 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:19 am
ApexASU wrote:

I find it crappy that in one breath Brown urged NCSU and ECU to play App and in the next breath is glad he doesn't play us again.
I took it as a joke, he doesn’t want to play us again because we are a hard ass team to beat and joked that he wants State and ECU to have to play us and then experience what he’s had to endure.
Correct. I’m no Carolina fan but I don’t get the Mack hate here. He played us 3x and has always been nothing but complimentary of our program and his love of the high country.

UNC playing App annually would be the equivalent of us scheduling JMU every season when they were still FCS. Very high risk with virtually no reward. I get it.
Ef that guy, that wasn’t his decision. Furthermore what other person with a million dollar vacation house in Linville doesn’t love it, that doesn’t make him special. I understand what he said too but why be a little girl and say it out loud. Just be like everybody else and say “hats off to Appalachian, but we played like shit” wait that’s basically what he said.

havefunkc

Unread post by havefunkc » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:29 pm

Yeah, Mack’s “our guys have everything to lose and their guys have nothing to lose,” is the same bs as the “Super Bowl” comments.
"“All of the pressure’s on our kids,” he said. “There’s no pressure on App State, because nobody thinks they’re going to win the game. But all the pressure’s on us. And unless we win, we’re awful. And it just kills you. ... So I’ve had enough. I’ll enjoy my house in Linville, and congratulating all the App State players, and coaches.
“But I’m glad we’re through.”

Welcome to money ball: college football version... Rubbed me wrong, I'll admit.

Any Body... Any Time... Any Place...
And I AM a Mountaineer!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:30 pm

Given his age and how far out scheduling goes in football, he will be retired before opportunity presents itself.
We're the UNC games scheduled before mack got to UNC?
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:32 pm

The “I hope State and ECU continue to schedule them” line is very obviously a joke.
The rest he said is the truth. Scheduling App State does put all the pressure on UNC. UNC is “supposed” to beat App. Mack is just talking about what every P5 school does. UGA doesn’t schedule GA Southern for the same reason. Is it cowardice, and does it water down the quality of football? Absolutely! But if your fans are expecting a certain number of wins and serious ambitions for a playoff spot, you’d be stupid to schedule App State, JMU, Marshall, Boise St, etc. You want to schedule Western Carolina or ULM or someone else to get an easy win to pad stats.

I’m not saying it’s good, and I’m not saying Mack and company aren’t condescending as all get out, but it makes sense.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:33 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:30 pm
Given his age and how far out scheduling goes in football, he will be retired before opportunity presents itself.
We're the UNC games scheduled before mack got to UNC?
Yes. And he said something around the first meeting like “who the hell was dumb enough to schedule App State?”
Mack has a history of making negative comments about App because he KNOWS App is a very tough out and does NOT want to deal with it.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:22 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:35 pm

Maybe with all those blue chips they land UNC football should stop being nothing more than a welfare leach of UNC basketball.
They have a supposedly $4-$5 million NIL QB. Without him APP may have swept the series with our players no one wanted.
Undoubtably. Not only that, but they also had their second best QB of all time in the first game. The “golden age of Carolina”

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:05 pm

What would be awesome is if the board of governors would come up with a rule that would make all the NC P5 and G5 school’s schedule each other for out of conference games. I know it’s not going to happen but it should. One out of conference game each year should have to be against an in state team. In 4 or 5 seasons it would be recognized as a great plan.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:14 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:32 pm
The “I hope State and ECU continue to schedule them” line is very obviously a joke.
The rest he said is the truth. Scheduling App State does put all the pressure on UNC. UNC is “supposed” to beat App. Mack is just talking about what every P5 school does. UGA doesn’t schedule GA Southern for the same reason. Is it cowardice, and does it water down the quality of football? Absolutely! But if your fans are expecting a certain number of wins and serious ambitions for a playoff spot, you’d be stupid to schedule App State, JMU, Marshall, Boise St, etc. You want to schedule Western Carolina or ULM or someone else to get an easy win to pad stats.

I’m not saying it’s good, and I’m not saying Mack and company aren’t condescending as all get out, but it makes sense.
Talking down their nose and high browing because any given game didn't go "their" way is nothing new. It's been going on throughout the ages, and it's the main reason everybody else hates the. It's The Carolina Way.
BLACK SATURDAY

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:36 pm

The condescension and "Holier than thou" tone of the whole article is nauseating. The line about App having no business competing is ignorant and insulting...If you're even a moderately attentive sports journalist you'd know that Appalachian is a serious player in the CFB landscape and should be respected.

Also does this journalist not remember how bad UNC was 5 years ago? Do they know just how incredibly lucky they are to be where they are right now?...UNC microwaves themself into a decent team all b/c of a Jumpman logos and a 75 year hypeman on a victory lap...no culture, no class, no history...Our guys played great and we lost fair and square and Ive kept my mouth shut about Drake Mayes immature, classless finger rolly layup celebration but that article has be on fire now.

Pay the teachers, save the whales, Go App

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:30 am

Screw the arrogant cheating elitists, their coach, and their chicken shit mentality.

PS-It wasn't our super bowl, UNC just ain't as good as the hype. Second verse same as the first-every friggin year.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:35 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:26 pm
scatman77 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:19 am
ApexASU wrote:

I find it crappy that in one breath Brown urged NCSU and ECU to play App and in the next breath is glad he doesn't play us again.
I took it as a joke, he doesn’t want to play us again because we are a hard ass team to beat and joked that he wants State and ECU to have to play us and then experience what he’s had to endure.
Absolutely, it was a compliment to our program and the reference about State and ECU was a joke..

goapps

Unread post by goapps » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:41 am

When we beat or even play a P5 team close, I usually pull for that team for the rest of the season because it makes APP look good but not this time. What a prick! I hope Mack Brown never wins another game, ef that guy.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:45 am

It's not a compliment to our program same way it's not a compliment to GW when we say similar about them. Fact is there's parity between a bunch of 20 yr olds playing at the college level. You have good teams at each division, and you have bad teams. The good ones typically match up pretty well. They should schedule what the fans desire to pay to see. And obviously, the fans want to see App and UNC play by the sell out and hype at both venues because they are both pretty damn good at football this year.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:15 am

Can’t believe I’m still defending him, but if you go watch the interview, he’s incredibly complimentary of us. He speaks highly of Clark and how difficult our schedule is this year. He smirks and laughs talking about why state should play us, because he knows we are a nightmare to deal with.

And he’s right that all the pressure is on them, and that mostly everyone expects them to win the game. They have higher rated recruits, vast resources, and they are the state flagship.

It’s obvious he respects us and it’s obvious he’s delighted he’s done dealing with us. I don’t know how you can take that as a slight.
YNWA

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:37 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:36 pm
The condescension and "Holier than thou" tone of the whole article is nauseating. The line about App having no business competing is ignorant and insulting...If you're even a moderately attentive sports journalist you'd know that Appalachian is a serious player in the CFB landscape and should be respected.

Also does this journalist not remember how bad UNC was 5 years ago? Do they know just how incredibly lucky they are to be where they are right now?...UNC microwaves themself into a decent team all b/c of a Jumpman logos and a 75 year hypeman on a victory lap...no culture, no class, no history...Our guys played great and we lost fair and square and Ive kept my mouth shut about Drake Mayes immature, classless finger rolly layup celebration but that article has be on fire now.

Pay the teachers, save the whales, Go App
Agree!!
This guy wrote as though the Holes were off their game. A let down, practice was not sharp…… They gave us the very very best they had and it wasn’t any better than what we gave them. I guess we were lucky they had such a down week. Wait were they down the last two times? Just a cheat article trying to justify why they were down and the game was close. Not that ASU just might be pretty good.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:58 am

They were among the best college football games this state has seen the past few years. And they’ll be missed, especially when SMU or some school from California comes to town, with no local ties or connection or understanding of why local matters most in a sport that’s quickly abandoning its roots.

Totally agree with the last paragraph of the article. Go App!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:50 pm

Say what you want, but he's not wrong. They won the game and fell four spots. You can't really think Colorado is better than Carolina, yet they are now ranked lower. I can't stand Carolina, but I won't blame there coach for looking after there program. We need to get to the point where they go UP after beating us.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:04 pm

I actually do really think that Colorado is better than UNC. Their offense is dynamic, can't say the same about UNC. Plus, despite what a lot of people think, Deion knows football, knows how to coach and more importantly he knows how to motivate players to produce the best version of themselves on game days. Carolina has a history of falling short and underachieving in football and I see absolutely no reason for that to stop anytime soon. Can't really say that about Colorado this year under Coach Prime, at least no yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”