Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ECU Uni reveal

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:42 am

311neers wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:05 am
It's not easy coming up with new content for this as we've done 3+ seasons worth of them. Not many teams do reveals though so we should at least be happy we get to look forward to different uni combo's each week. Some fan bases have been wearing the same home/away combos for 100 years. Every week is an opportunity to get the App State brand out there!
Nobody’s saying that we’re not happy to have the content. We all love it. But criticism is fair.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:53 am

Definitely not meaning to sound like I'm bashing the video staff. We have been spoiled by having one of the best videographers in college football doing ours. They'll get things figured out but, in the end, it accomplished the goal. Very happy for the all black this Saturday!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:02 pm

FWIW, ECU is going all white.

QueencityApp

Unread post by QueencityApp » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:33 pm

Was expecting to see the classic all black look for this week. However, I do hope the Stink uniform reveal at the end of the season incorporates a plunger 🪠. That is an absolute must and seems to have caught on in the last couple of years.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:06 pm

Definitely funny but yeah not the best.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:17 pm

[quote=Yosef84 post_id=353428 time=1694796789 user_id=177]
Definitely not meaning to sound like I'm bashing the video staff. We have been spoiled by having one of the best videographers in college football doing ours. They'll get things figured out but, in the end, it accomplished the goal. Very happy for the all black this Saturday!
[/quote]

I'm doing a reply not to bash you because everyone who's come and did needs to know this.

There is no staff.

These videos and content that we see for the uniform reveals and for the pregame motivational videos are all a creative process of a small group of students who are paid a bit but in essence are volunteering their time AND their very very expensive video equipment.

They come up with the creative process, work with athletics and football staff for approval, plan all of the shot locations, shoot the video, come up with all of the edits and work through that process with equipment inside the athletic building, send it off for final approvals and then tweak if necessary.

Athletics guide them. So you're looking at different students graduating and moving on and new students coming in.

It is an underfunded or perhaps one could say unfunded student effort.

Because students have been allowed the creative process is why our videos have been so good for so long.

The athletics department does have a small multimedia crew that produces a lot of the content podcasts and other things that you see on the website. These are employees of the athletics department.
Last edited by HighlandsApp on Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:19 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:02 pm
FWIW, ECU is going all white.

We really have a great media content creation group. Seing what other programs, ever much richer P5s, put out is embarassing compared to what our group puts out.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:19 pm

Hot take....I like the all black with gold helmets

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:42 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:17 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:53 am
I'm doing a reply not to bash you because everyone who's come and did needs to know this.

There is no staff.

These videos and content that we see for the uniform reveals and for the pregame motivational videos are all a creative process of a small group of students who are paid a bit but in essence are volunteering their time AND their very very expensive video equipment.

They come up with the creative process, work with athletics and football staff for approval, plan all of the shot locations, shoot the video, come up with all of the edits and work through that process with equipment inside the athletic building, send it off for final approvals and then tweak if necessary.

Athletics guide them. So you're looking at different students graduating and moving on and new students coming in.

Because students have been allowed the creative process is why our videos have been so good for so long.

The athletics department does have a small multimedia crew that produces a lot of the content podcasts and other things that you see on the website. These are employees of the athletics department.
The production quality isn't the issue (In fact its great)... its the inane storyline in the video. That part has zero to do with equipment. No one is calling them inept at creating awesome videos, we are just saying someone got really lazy with the creativity on this one.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:47 pm

Anyone that issues with our reveals just needs to look at that ECU one. Talk about lame and lazy. Ours looks like a cinematographic masterpiece in comparison!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:50 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:47 pm
Anyone that issues with our reveals just needs to look at that ECU one. Talk about lame and lazy. Ours looks like a cinematographic masterpiece in comparison!
Thats the lazy man's excuse.. "well look at their quality"..... Again, the video editing isn't the issue, it's the storyline. It made ZERO sense.... Either do a uni reveal with no storyline or come up with a good one that is feasible. Bashing a gold paper boat with a sledgehammer and pounding water with a sledgehammer just looked.... hot hot hot.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:54 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:50 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:47 pm
Thats the lazy man's excuse.. "well look at their quality"..... Again, the video editing isn't the issue, it's the storyline. It made ZERO sense.... Either do a uni reveal with no storyline or come up with a good one that is feasible. Bashing a gold paper boat with a sledgehammer and pounding water with a sledgehammer just looked.... hot hot hot.
It’s not lazy at all, it’s an actual comparison of a peer G5 school (who happens to have a much larger budget). I wasn’t just comparing the quality but also their story line which seems to be walking in a store or something. So I ask, what sense did their storyline (if you can even call it that) make? Not everyone can ever agree on art but I still think all can agree that ours is head and shoulders better than theirs.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:06 pm

My point is... You're criticizing a bunch of students who are trying to live up to past students and their accomplishments..... Geez.... When my son was doing this he was putting in over 30 hours a week during football season. These kids aren't getting paid for this maybe the kids working it now have other things they have to be doing like studying or working a job to help them make their way through school. Calling them lazy for in essence volunteering..... calling them lazy for volunteering......say that over and over in your head.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:35 pm

I’d say most of the criticism has been constructive. Do professors still give grades? Is that not criticism? I appreciate what this team does. Criticism does not change that. Maybe they can learn from it. If they can’t take it, they better learn to.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:02 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:17 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:53 am

There is no staff.

Sorry for the delayed response. I don't take your response as bashing. It's good information. Perhaps the use of "staff" was imprecise but I was aware that this was a group of students (not professionals) and I very much appreciate their contributions and efforts. That was my primary point. We got spoiled having Renfro here. Turnover is part of the deal and I am sure this new group will learn, improve and do a great job.

In no way intended to diminish the contributions of these students

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”