Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

College level experience

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

College level experience

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:16 pm

Disclaimer…I hate losing!
However, my life of getting yelled at by my wife and kids needing clothes/food on the table and real world problems goes on.
We’ve snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat and now we’re on the outside looking in.
So, I’m curious…I was wondering with everyone putting their opinions in and saying who screws up from players to coaches, how many of you guys played college level football or coached at the college level?
I’ll start…years of college football experience -zero-zilch-nada-but still 4 years of eligibility left…so there’s still a chance. Did try out for golf at first college I went to before transferring to app but realized I sucked.

Who’s Next??? feel free to be honest about your playing/coaching experience.

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: College level experience

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:29 pm

Damn. I had, “if you didn’t play the game, shut up and just watch,” being posted by 3 p.m. today.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:29 pm

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:16 pm
However, my life of getting yelled at by my wife and kids needing clothes/food on the table and real world problems goes on.
We’ve snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat and now we’re on the outside looking in.
So, I’m curious…I was wondering with everyone putting their opinions in and saying who screws up from players to coaches, how many of you guys played college level football or coached at the college level?
I’ll start…years of college football experience -zero-zilch-nada-but still 4 years of eligibility left…so there’s still a chance. Did try out for golf at first college I went to before transferring to app but realized I sucked.

We are fans/donors. It doesn't matter if anyone here has played or not. We all have the right to vent our opinions. I've never held a job as a mechanic but I learned over the years how to fix my own car so I am critical if I see it done badly elsewhere. I've never been a president or a governor, but I still have my critical opinions. You don't have to have ever done something physically to understand the ins and outs of a process or field of knowledge. I'm sure we have plenty on here that could throw that pig skin clear over them mountains and if coach had put them in during the 4th quarter they for sure would have won states.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:31 pm

Do other sports count?

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:35 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:29 pm

We are fans/donors. It doesn't matter if anyone here has played or not. We all have the right to vent our opinions. I've never held a job as a mechanic but I learned over the years how to fix my own car so I am critical if I see it done badly elsewhere. I've never been a president or a governor, but I still have my critical opinions. You don't have to have ever done something physically to understand the ins and outs of a process or field of knowledge. I'm sure we have plenty on here that could throw that pig skin clear over them mountains and if coach had put them in during the 4th quarter they for sure would have won states.
Sure you can bitch and complain about everything the coach/team does doesn't make you knowledgeable about football or any other sport. Just like me trying to mansplain to a mechanic how to do their job. BTW great uncle Rico reference.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”