Recliner or Porch swing, but NO hot seat.

DenverOfTheEast
School: Appalachian State

Recliner or Porch swing, but NO hot seat.

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:39 pm

Yosef1986

Re: Recliner or Porch swing, but NO hot seat.

Unread post by Yosef1986 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:09 pm

The "Hot Seat" may be more of a fan thing. Not sure what the powers that we have in place at App see a hot seat etc....

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:12 pm

One of those was a July ranking and the other was a Top 9 with two easy G5 candidates.

It's not over for Clark. But the margin of error is lessening.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:43 pm

National media have no idea about our fan's standard of coaching expectations. Regardless of what any national pundit thinks, if Clark can't right this ship and finish with a winning season I seriously doubt he survives.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:52 pm

Listening to outside people talk about App, they feel like while there is regressing in recent years, they are somewhat befuddled at the Clark Out crowd.

GaSo fans are saying that Clark seems like Sewak or Lunsford were for them. Good men who are decent coaches and are all about tradition, but can't get to the next level.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:11 pm

On XM yesterday Rick Neuhiesel said he was worried about Clark. He knows App’s tradition and wonders how long this spiral can last. Neuhiesel is one national pundit who is familiar with our program and speaks highly of it often. Hopefully he can keep talking about us.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:26 pm

god bless you denver, but i bet you a dollar DG has emails and phone calls about a hot seat.

Most APP fans want Clark to succeed But he has 6 games to win some very tough games.
That is a HOT seat, in my mind

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:10 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:26 pm
god bless you denver, but i bet you a dollar DG has emails and phone calls about a hot seat.

Most APP fans want Clark to succeed But he has 6 games to win some very tough games.
DG has had multiple talks, there was a rumor and some confirmed it pre game on Tuesday during tailgating that there has been some high level talks about removing him -- I could see it happening if we drop one of the next two games unfortunately, but you better know what the rest of the season looks like if you make that move, from a leadership standpoint.

I for one, would do it next year, unless there is a 'quit mentality' from the team over the last 6 games.

If he pulls out 7-5 record in 2023 and keeps this roster intact he will be on his way to long term success, the rebuild will be complete and trending back upward.

I don't see how you can fire an alum with a winning over all record and no losing seasons after year 4.

AD's rarely get a chance to hire 3 football coaches.
It will be interesting watching it play out, better than a good Netflix show.

Yosef1986

Unread post by Yosef1986 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:19 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:10 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:

DG has had multiple talks, there was a rumor and some confirmed it pre game on Tuesday during tailgating that there has been some high level talks about removing him -- I could see it happening if we drop one of the next two games unfortunately, but you better know what the rest of the season looks like if you make that move, from a leadership standpoint.

I for one, would do it next year, unless there is a 'quit mentality' from the team over the last 6 games.

If he pulls out 7-5 record in 2023 and keeps this roster intact he will be on his way to long term success, the rebuild will be complete and trending back upward.

I don't see how you can fire an alum with a winning over all record and no losing seasons after year 4.

One question I have - with the "rebuild" he had from day 1 - per what is posted - what was the time frame to turn all around. My point is I hope he is was provided ample time and frame work to move the needle.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:28 pm

Said before the season Clark can't go 6-6 again. Right now that would likely be losses three lf Marshall, GSU, JMU and Georgia Southern, so three of the last four.

ODU has probably the worst OL in FBS (32 sacks given up) and Southern Miss only has one win, so this team should be 5-3 going into November. Those last four games could define this team. But if they lose either of these next two, it will be way worse.

BTW, this gives me no joy to talk about. Because it means we're close to failure. And I'd rather succeed than fail.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:56 pm

Yosef1986 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:19 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:

One question I have - with the "rebuild" he had from day 1 - per what is posted - what was the time frame to turn all around. My point is I hope he is was provided ample time and frame work to move the needle.
Technically I would say 2023 is the rebuild(new QB, new faces etc), if you go back to 2022 (still had Chase Brice, Peoples, etc and some 5th year kids) September or non conference up until after the Troy win was peak App State basically, then it just fell apart. His first two seasons were extension worthy 9 and 10 wins. Bowl appearances and Division title, can't argue that success.

Basically it's been SBC play last year and unfortunately how the Wyoming and Coastal games this year were lost that has put #TeamClark on the rumor mill. Close game wins don't factor to me, with the SBC being the TOUGHEST G5, games will be more competitive and should be. (You Take 12 1 point wins and be happy.)

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:24 am

Praying for coach Clark and for the team to rise to the top of the mountain 🙏🙏🙏

Amen

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:25 am

ULM is a pretty bad team and we made them look good. Everyone knows we’re we are weak by now so unless we can figure out how to fix that we are in for a long run.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:20 am

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:28 pm
Said before the season Clark can't go 6-6 again. Right now that would likely be losses three lf Marshall, GSU, JMU and Georgia Southern, so three of the last four.

ODU has probably the worst OL in FBS (32 sacks given up) and Southern Miss only has one win, so this team should be 5-3 going into November. Those last four games could define this team. But if they lose either of these next two, it will be way worse.

BTW, this gives me no joy to talk about. Because it means we're close to failure. And I'd rather succeed than fail.
No joy to read about or watch either. Deep concerns and underlying intangibles. The last 4 will definitely define this team

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:33 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:

Believe it or not, I agree! Next year, unless we lose the team this year. There have been some on here pointing to 2024 as “ the year”. Ok let’s see. (If he can hold it together this year)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”