Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#TeamClark

DenverOfTheEast
School: Appalachian State

Re: #TeamClark

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:28 pm

App_in_Maiden wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:03 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:41 pm
They had to hire security at one point. People were making comments beyond questioning play calling and details of the game to making comments about his family. Way past the line.
It’s pathetic. We are all diehard fans on this board, but not to that extreme. Sure, say some stupid shit on a board, but when you’re going after a man and his family, you aren’t a true fan. Would love for those people to go into a room with Clark for about 5 minutes.
The spirit of App State lost its way after about the 2019.

It's the grounds of me starting this thread, its the arrogance of thinking highly of one's self (fanatic way of thinking about a sports team), Zac Thomas took the same slander as #TeamClark has taken the past 13 months, it's the people stabbing him in the back at every turn, Watauga newspaper articles during So Miss week being pushed by insiders/boosters from ASU, sending Coach Moore to ask Satt what it would take to come back.

All these things are sick and it is not in one bit in the spirit of Boone and Appalachian State. Its become too big of a 'brand' for people in power to push their image, while the leadership and vision and decency are lacking all around campus and town in the treatment of people that care and lead student-athletes and influence many others.

it's no longer the App state that wanted to make it so bad --- it's now App State that hates itself and will implode from within given more time. Your'e a lot closer to being Nebraska than you are to being Alabama.....

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:38 pm

Any coach’s or officials family is off limits. No discussion. Find them and expose them and ban them.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:42 pm

App_in_Maiden wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
They had to hire security at one point. People were making comments beyond questioning play calling and details of the game to making comments about his family. Way past the line.
It’s pathetic. We are all diehard fans on this board, but not to that extreme. Sure, say some stupid shit on a board, but when you’re going after a man and his family, you aren’t a true fan. Would love for those people to go into a room with Clark for about 5 minutes.
Not only this but studies show they have small penises too

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:40 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:42 pm
App_in_Maiden wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
Not only this but studies show they have small penises too
...and they all sit down to pee...

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:21 am

It's baffling to me that anyone would actually take sports (especially college) that seriously. It's bad enough that some morons behind keyboards lose their minds and type the crap we see here- to include offers to fight another adult. Yeah a coach gets paid well to win but winning is really hard. We think we know what should be done to win more games but in reality most if not all of the idiots on message boards, in recliners and on bleachers really don't have a clue. I could not imagine being a coach who truly loves his job and university and has idiots speaking badly to his family.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:23 pm

Those of you who think any external " heat" made the difference just don't know SC. If you think being on the hot seat is what made him turn it around you are just way off base. The pressure was in his gut. The pressure he put on himself. Thinking otherwise is the proof you don't know him even a little.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:34 pm

bcoach wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:23 pm
Those of you who think any external " heat" made the difference just don't know SC. If you think being on the hot seat is what made him turn it around you are just way off base. The pressure was in his gut. The pressure he put on himself. Thinking otherwise is the proof you don't know him even a little.
I have no doubt that is how he is. I know he wants to win badly and he knew we had to get better. Kudos to him for making those tough decisions and the players for staying together and turning it around.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:48 pm

Clark to Duke???................. Cignetti??...............

Y'all do know there is a $3 Million vacont job there?
BLACK SATURDAY

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:26 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:48 pm

If Jason Garrett wants to coach college, he and Coach K are close. Could be a possibility. #TeamClark doesn't fit Dook. I could see Cigarette from JMU taking it if offered.

Inside sources have told me ECU has gauged interest in #TeamClark -- this could all be Dell Murphy (pig farmer, major donor at 4 NC public schools @ Appy, ECU, UNCW, NC State - brokering a possible deal - that's just a hunch) - a lot of moving parts with that whole situation.

#TeamClark is holding the cards and after Saturday he maybe holding the trophy and the largest new contract in the SBC.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:21 pm

bcoach wrote:
Believe you. He had to know he wasn’t cutting it. Didn’t need fans to point out the obvious. Fortunately things turned around.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:30 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:21 pm
bcoach wrote:
Believe you. He had to know he wasn’t cutting it. Didn’t need fans to point out the obvious. Fortunately things turned around.
I disagree with this thought. Clark knew that 6-6 wasn’t going to sit well but he knew what he had last year and what it could mean in terms of this season. He didn’t see it as not cutting it. He knew that there was a process that was going to take some changes and patience. Thankfully he was allowed to see his plan through.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:10 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
bcoach wrote:
You realize we lost 4 games basically on the last play? - I absolutely don't believe as the head coach his thought process was he "wasn't cutting it", my thoughts are they he and his staff were saying something to the effect of "we have been right there" and we need to get the guys "over the hump"
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:24 pm

We changed to a pass first offense and Sloan brought in a new scheme to fit the players available.

Both were great adjustments.

Glad they were made versus what we witnessed in 2022.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:05 pm

Any coach who can't string together wins over a three year span shouldn't need public outcry to feel his seat is hot. He knew what he had been doing wasn't building the culture or positive growth patterns we needed as a program, and finally adjustments were made. I'm glad. I hope this carries over. He hasn't earned an extention yet, but he definitely earned a chance to run it back next season and coach himself to an extention.
Many of the Clark apologists forget that he has coached this team into big spots and he has fumbled those opportunities away. This is a season of Redemption and he has stepped up in a big way as the leader of this team. Let's see how it plays out before molding his bronze bust and planning his extention.
The Appalachian State

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:26 am

Perhaps it's my age or my general viewpoint on life and sports but for one I think the title of this thread is not only insulting but it's basically stupid- starts with a hashtag. I really hate when people post stuff and link it to hashtag this and hashtag that. Also the fact that it's reached 41 pages is also beyond ridiculous. The extreme arguments that anyone is ready to erect a statue or hire a moving truck just make no sense. App State football has had some really great years and a couple of tough ones but for gods sake it's not like we have imploded and are perennial cellar dwellers. I asked a year or so ago what would happen on this board if we failed to win 10 games and heaven forbid we went 8-4. The reactions have been predictable. The coaches knew that last season was awful by our standards and they also knew we had not only some holes to fill but that we would be young. We had a long run of years with experienced quarterbacks and solid players all around. Hopefully this debate will die down. We have a really good coach, team, university and excellent culture.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:31 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:30 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
bcoach wrote:
I disagree with this thought. Clark knew that 6-6 wasn’t going to sit well but he knew what he had last year and what it could mean in terms of this season. He didn’t see it as not cutting it. He knew that there was a process that was going to take some changes and patience. Thankfully he was allowed to see his plan through.
Yep

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:49 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:05 pm
Any coach who can't string together wins over a three year span shouldn't need public outcry to feel his seat is hot. He knew what he had been doing wasn't building the culture or positive growth patterns we needed as a program, and finally adjustments were made. I'm glad. I hope this carries over. He hasn't earned an extention yet, but he definitely earned a chance to run it back next season and coach himself to an extention.
Many of the Clark apologists forget that he has coached this team into big spots and he has fumbled those opportunities away. This is a season of Redemption and he has stepped up in a big way as the leader of this team. Let's see how it plays out before molding his bronze bust and planning his extention.
You know..... never mind.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:47 pm

Black Saturday wrote:

While the last five games have been great, how much s#!t will I take for pointing out that JMU is the only win this season against an FBS team with a winning record? That's not to take anything away from the turnaround, but if DG gets tricked into another extension...

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:54 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:47 pm
Black Saturday wrote:

While the last five games have been great, how much s#!t will I take for pointing out that JMU is the only win this season against an FBS team with a winning record? That's not to take anything away from the turnaround, but if DG gets tricked into another extension...
I really get the feeling that you aren’t satisfied unless we were 12-0 and all our wins were against teams that went 11-1.

Adding for context.
APP: 2 wins against teams with winning records (yes 1 is a FCS but still a win) 3 wins against teams with losing records and 3 against 6-6 teams

JMU: 2 wins against teams with winning records. 4 against teams with losing records and 6 against 6-6 teams

Troy: 2 against teams with winning records 4 against teams with losing records and 4 against 6-6 teams.

Now, if you want to look at the 4 losses for App. 3 were against teams with winning records. All by one possession ans 1 to a 6-6 team.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:55 pm

Give it a break --- please - you have been negative this entire season
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”