Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#TeamClark

311neers
School: Appalachian State

Re: #TeamClark

Unread post by 311neers » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:08 pm

He’s got a great opportunity to dominate the portal. He’s got an easy sell to Wide Receivers, OL, and tight ends with Joey returning. Also has a wide open defensive line/OL needs. We’ve got starting spots up for grabs. Can’t wait to see what we’ve got cooking in the portal to fill holes.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:12 pm

You can put lipstick on a pig all you want. Those that love Clark, fine....those that don't like Clark, great. Clark isnt the worst coach on earth but he is nowhere near what Satt and Drink were. Will he get there? Who knows. I'll never settle for mediocre or almost the best. Right now I think Clark is the Marv Levy of App State. I saw a post I made on Facebook (memories) when Clark was named coach. I was excited and so happy. Now... I'm just, eh....

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:29 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:12 pm
You can put lipstick on a pig all you want. Those that love Clark, fine....those that don't like Clark, great. Clark isnt the worst coach on earth but he is nowhere near what Satt and Drink were. Will he get there? Who knows. I'll never settle for mediocre or almost the best. Right now I think Clark is the Marv Levy of App State. I saw a post I made on Facebook (memories) when Clark was named coach. I was excited and so happy. Now... I'm just, eh....
Love Satt but is he really a great coach? What was his overall record versus Clark? Not a great body of work to compare but I'd be willing to bet they are close.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:31 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:29 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Love Satt but is he really a great coach? What was his overall record versus Clark? Not a great body of work to compare but I'd be willing to bet they are close.
Both have strengths the other doesn't have. Both have weaknesses the other doesn't have.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:37 pm

You people who will only accept championships as measures of success will never be satisfied. It’s ridiculous to place that kind of expectation on any coach. You should be glad that expectation isn’t placed on you, whatever it is you do. If it is then I’m sorry for you and your family. If you place the same expectation on those who work for you then I’m sorry for them. But I have a “loser” mentality so what do I know.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Seattleapp

Re: #TeamClarks

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:39 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
All damn year I’ve read your negative crap. Why don’t you do everyone, starting with yourself a favor and sign off for a while. seriously just take a break. This drum you continue to beat, after a bowl game win over a 10 win conference champion is quickly becoming irrational. It’s idiotic and it’s repetitive. You are clearly unhappy with App State football as it currently stands. The coach is not leaving. The team will keep fighting and hopefully winning. But the endless complaining is played.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:39 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:37 pm
You people who will only accept championships as measures of success will never be satisfied. It’s ridiculous to place that kind of expectation on any coach. You should be glad that expectation isn’t placed on you, whatever it is you do. If it is then I’m sorry for you and your family. If you place the same expectation on those who work for you then I’m sorry for them. But I have a “loser” mentality so what do I know.
Well said. Thank goodness these delusional people aren't making the decisions. We would run flea flickers on every play and would fire every coach and coordinator every year, sometimes multiple times a season.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:44 pm

As of right now 32 teams have at least 9 wins. Should end up close to 40 which is a third of the FBS level. Winning is hard to do.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:49 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:39 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
All damn year I’ve read your negative crap. Why don’t you do everyone, starting with yourself a favor and sign off for a while. seriously just take a break. This drum you continue to beat, after a bowl game win over a 10 win conference champion is quickly becoming irrational. It’s idiotic and it’s repetitive. You are clearly unhappy with App State football as it currently stands. The coach is not leaving. The team will keep fighting and hopefully winning. But the endless complaining is played.
Dude..... You need to check your blood pressure? You ok? Maybe I'm not the one that needs to check off for awhile. I'm happy and enjoying the Christmas season. Go do the same.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:51 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:49 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Dude..... You need to check your blood pressure? You ok? Maybe I'm not the one that needs to check off for awhile. I'm happy and enjoying the Christmas season. Go do the same.
Yep

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:54 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Nah bro. You don’t get to cry victim. I along with everyone else on here just read your post on the heels of our hard fought bowl win and all you can do is make an unsolicited post slamming Clark. Your post was garbage and yeah it ticked me off.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:51 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Yep
What a surprise the usual suspects rally. It’s so funny to me on this board how one can post the same negative crap endlessly but but if it aligns with your opinion it’s well reasoned gospel and if anyone take issue with it they are the ones who need to relax. Ok.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:58 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:54 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Nah bro. You don’t get to cry victim. I along with everyone else on here just read your post on the heels of our hard fought bowl win and all you can do is make an unsolicited post slamming Clark. Your post was garbage and yeah it ticked me off.
All the posts on here are unsolicited.... The fact my typed words, about a football coach (which werent even remotely as bad as some things on here), means you might need to reevaluate some things. Hit that ignore button. If not, means your a fan. ✌️

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:00 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:58 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:54 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
All the posts on here are unsolicited.... The fact my typed words, about a football coach (which werent even remotely as bad as some things on here), means you might need to reevaluate some things. Hit that ignore button. If not, means your a fan. ✌️
You say whatever you want and so can other people. Your post was trash.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:33 pm

All I can say was the stumbling to end end of last season and not going to a bowl sucked. Several coaching changes were made and the first half of this season while showing some promise at times it looked like we were heading down the crapper very quickly. Then some defensive changes and some tweaking here and there and a 7-1 finish from that point. I think that last season and this one as well were as good of a learning experience for Clark on what to do and what not to do as he and we as fans could get. We could be having a very different and difficult conversation right now but I will hand it to Clark, coaches and team for a fantastic finish to 2023.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:37 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Yep
What a surprise the usual suspects rally. It’s so funny to me on this board how one can post the same negative crap endlessly but but if it aligns with your opinion it’s well reasoned gospel and if anyone take issue with it they are the ones who need to relax. Ok.
What about the usual suspects who defend last season and 5 losses this year. Do the endless positive crap posts matter when results say otherwise? Just playing off your words. Oh, also relax.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:48 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:37 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Pikapp79 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

Yep
What about the usual suspects who defend last season and 5 losses this year. Do the endless positive crap posts matter when results say otherwise? Just playing off your words. Oh, also relax.
There is no need to defend 5 losses. At the beginning of the year, no one (not many) were expecting 9 wins given how young the D was and the unknown at QB. Nothing to defend. Great Job Clark & Co.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:17 pm

Clark earned the right to come back. Let’s see how next season goes.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:31 pm

The two league leaders have lost their head coach and most of their staff. Should give us an advantage. We are due .

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:51 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Pikapp79 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Yep
The only thing that will make those 3-4 posters happy is Shawn Clark not being coach. If App wins a national championship, they’ll still be moaning and groaning about some bad 3rd down play call.

And you’re right, because as soon as anyone calls them out on their constant negativity they get all defensive for each other. “Hurr, I’m allowed to express an opinion ain’t I?” “Oh so you’re ok with 5 losses every year!?”

Those dudes don’t understand football or coaching. It’s clear because their criticism never has any nuance. They just repeat “this isn’t good enough.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”