Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Moving on to Southern Miss

Yosefus
School: Appalachian State

Re: Moving on to Southern Miss

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:41 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:30 pm
Actually tuned into Marshall game

They suck too 😀😀😀😀

Replay next week
It's hard to believe that we will be playing Marshall for the bottom of the east. Looks like they have as many issues as us. At least until next week, they'll be national championship caliper when they play in Boone.

AppGrad20

Unread post by AppGrad20 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:44 pm

Will likely regret this but I’m cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season. An ugly win but this type of win can help flip the script. Although it might be too late for him, I am loving the last ditch efforts by Clark to instill some pride and passion - turnover chain, getting the offense to jump onto Miller Hill with the students after a TD, etc. Also, have to give him credit for some good play calling at the end of the game with the RPO, pass on 4th down, and kneel down rather than PAT. Steps in the right direction.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:51 pm

Whatever shortcomings this team has, quitting is not one of them. "Never quit" hasn't left the App State lexicon for sure.
We are not a good football team but.... we don't quit.
Defense did play better in the fourth quarter but they seem to do that only in the 4th qtr and only when we are two scores down.
Offense was better in the second half but the running game still needs work.
And I don't have to hear it from my granddaughter and her husband (whew).

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:21 pm

AppGrad20 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:44 pm
Will likely regret this but I’m cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season. An ugly win but this type of win can help flip the script. Although it might be too late for him, I am loving the last ditch efforts by Clark to instill some pride and passion - turnover chain, getting the offense to jump onto Miller Hill with the students after a TD, etc. Also, have to give him credit for some good play calling at the end of the game with the RPO, pass on 4th down, and kneel down rather than PAT. Steps in the right direction.
I always kind of hated the celebration crap but I have to remember that these are young men and if that goofy stuff helps fire them up then whatever. I loved the last call. Some how if we can improve our defense by 30% we can win out. Just figure it out

AppState80

Unread post by AppState80 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:47 pm

Never a doubt. Another great game to watch on TV. Good team win. Penalty that kept drive moving start of 2nd half was big and scored TD on long pass play seconds later. Did not understand play calling with game in hand at end. Almost gave it away with fumble on one play. And why pass play to end zone that would stop clock or interception? Frank Gore Jr running wild with seconds to play I guess was maybe the thought process there if we weren't up more than 7. Two more and bowl eligible. Interesting scores with Tech hanging with Carolina and ODU hanging with JMU first half. Go App.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:50 pm

AppState80 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:47 pm
Never a doubt. Another great game to watch on TV. Good team win. Penalty that kept drive moving start of 2nd half was big and scored TD on long pass play seconds later. Did not understand play calling with game in hand at end. Almost gave it away with fumble on one play. And why pass play to end zone that would stop clock or interception? Frank Gore Jr running wild with seconds to play I guess was maybe the thought process there if we weren't up more than 7. Two more and bowl eligible. Interesting scores with Tech hanging with Carolina and ODU hanging with JMU first half. Go App.
Plenty of issues with Clark but the last play was fine by me. Score, or it goes out of the end zone and gives them 7 seconds to work a miracle

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:53 pm

AppState80 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:47 pm
The fade was the perfect play call. You had 14 seconds left. If you run and fail, you may run 3-4 seconds off the clock with a chance to fumble. If you throw a fade to the back of the end zone, 5-6 seconds with no real risk (as long as you get it off). Worst case, they get the ball with 8 seconds left.

The fumble sucked, but we needed one more first down to ice it. Kanye could have prevented that by staying in bounds on his long run (he’ll get coached up on that)

The kneel down on the XP was 100% the right call

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:59 pm

We are absolutely crazy small on the D line. How did we let that happen?

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:20 pm

AppGrad20 wrote:
I just don’t know about that kneel down. What a losers mentality. It’s almost like he’s been burned on a blocked field goal before.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:03 am

Positives: Our offense is sick. Joey to Horn or K-Robb is unstoppable. Do that and open up runs for Kanye. That’s the formula. Not sure what’s going on with Noel, but him too. D, we did well when we put pressure on with some LB’s. Keep doing that.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:35 am

InFor6More wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:20 pm
AppGrad20 wrote:
I just don’t know about that kneel down. What a losers mentality. It’s almost like he’s been burned on a blocked field goal before.
Excellent coaching for once in the moment. Furman would love to have a 2 point conversion back still I am sure and JMU would love one play back as well. A knee is even less likely to turn bad than a FG/PAT attempt. A bad snap could have happened on a knee but that would still be hard to convert to a 2 point play for Southern Miss.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:33 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:35 am
InFor6More wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:20 pm
AppGrad20 wrote:
Excellent coaching for once in the moment. Furman would love to have a 2 point conversion back still I am sure and JMU would love one play back as well. A knee is even less likely to turn bad than a FG/PAT attempt. A bad snap could have happened on a knee but that would still be hard to convert to a 2 point play for Southern Miss.
Agree 100%. Given less than 20 seconds left in game, it was an excellent coaching decision. Did not even need to go for the TD...with that said, I loved the call.
Makes zero sense to go for the FG in that situation. That is coaching to win whether kneeling or not going for FG. Both great coaching decisions to win...
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:56 am

If you have an accurate QB that can throw that ball it’s the best play to run clock safely.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:26 am

48 points at home, for homecoming, a 10 point win. 💪🏼💪🏼

But first half had me a bit nervous.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:32 am

People clearly have lots of opinions about our team and many have given up on Clark but it is abundantly clear that the players have NOT. These guys continue to play hard until the final second of every single game. That is not a trait of a team that has given up on a a coach. This team was not broken from the Wyoming loss or any other loss, they are continuing to work hard and play hard. It hasn't always gone their way this season, but they haven't quit. Wish some of our fans could find the same resolve. This team plays hard and that will lead to good things in time.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:33 am

Offense let us down last week, defense this week. The only consistent thing about this team is we are inconsistent and our opponents play one of the best games of their season.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:42 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:33 am
Offense let us down last week, defense this week.
This is what frustrates me the most. This team has shown on both sides of the ball they can get it done, but it doesn’t happen during the same game. That’s the one thing that makes me still optimistic that we have something special here, just both sides need to play at the caliber they can at the same time for 4 quarters.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:51 am

Back to defensive line size liabilities….

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:09 am

Marshall will be a tough out, they aren't going to turn the ball over 5x to us this week.
BLACK SATURDAY

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:27 am

The defense wasn't great...until the last three USM offensive drives. Then they looked all-conference.

KBS was all but silent until Horn's TD catch late in the 4th Quarter. That seemed to light a fire in the whole team. Everything changed after that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”