Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Moving on to Marshall

App91
School: Appalachian State

Re: Moving on to Marshall

Unread post by App91 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:23 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:28 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:39 am
If there is a game for our dbs to play closer to line of scrimmage....this is it in my opinion. 14 seems better at the short passes...and suspect at longer throws. Take our chances iMHO

Cannot speak to Pennington and strengths/weaknesses
Agree, we have to learn how to play press at some point. May as well do it against a weak passing attack.
We actually did that on one of the first possessions as i commented on it in the stands. then quickly went away from it. seemed to start at press then each play back up a bit until we got to the customary 15 yrd cushion

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:29 pm

Ashe and Avery defense is when our DBs are aligned to defend those counties
BLACK SATURDAY

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:07 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:21 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:08 pm
RaleighApp27609 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:43 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:59 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:07 pm
Free money, if we win it will be under four. That’s what we do.
puke

Nope, that's the old APP
Now we win by 10 and give them a 2 pt conversion
What was the reasoning for not doing the PAT on the last TD yesterday?
Do you understand how football scores work, TD, FG, 2 point conversion, PAT, safety, and what happens if a failed 2 point conversion goes the other way in college football?
That doesn’t answer his question. But thank you for adding a little more snark to an already acidic website.
7 or 8 seconds is not enough time for all that shit to line up in anyone’s wildest dreams, or maybe you think they were hiding Usain Bolt over there, even take him more than 6 seconds to run 80 yards. I really doubt that was the calculus that led to taking a knee.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:23 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:07 pm
MrCraig wrote:
RaleighApp27609 wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:59 pm

puke

Nope, that's the old APP
Now we win by 10 and give them a 2 pt conversion
Do you understand how football scores work, TD, FG, 2 point conversion, PAT, safety, and what happens if a failed 2 point conversion goes the other way in college football?
That doesn’t answer his question. But thank you for adding a little more snark to an already acidic website.
7 or 8 seconds is not enough time for all that shit to line up in anyone’s wildest dreams, or maybe you think they were hiding Usain Bolt over there, even take him more than 6 seconds to run 80 yards. I really doubt that was the calculus that led to taking a knee.
It absolutely is and it was a good call.

PAT are not timed. A blocked and returned xp is worth 2, and then they could run the kick back and get 2 and suddenly we are only up 1 score with enough time for a kickoff, as no time ran off the clock during the returned PAT.

Knee on PAT keeps it at a two score game with 7 seconds left.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:32 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:23 pm
appbio91 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
RaleighApp27609 wrote:

PAT are not timed. A blocked and returned xp is worth 2, and then they could run the kick back and get 2 and suddenly we are only up 1 score with enough time for a kickoff, as no time ran off the clock during the returned PAT.

You know ball sir.

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:30 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:25 am
yosef69 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:31 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:18 am
Anybody on this site that suggests coaching changes should also remember the financial and situational cost associated...~$2m to remove the coaches, another +~$2m for new ones and set back to development & recruiting. They should share their Yosef Club contribution confiramtion and ammount for the year as well just to show they are serious about the implications of their statements.

I'm so glad to see the team perservere and win yesterday. The youth & inexperience of this team combinded with a tortorous schedule this year has not been what you would hope for in a reset. Given that we are 2 plays from being 6-2 is commendable.

SUPPORT THIS TEAM!
If we are two plays from 6-2 we are also 2 plays from 2-6. Consider it a wash.
I've heard that argument about 1000 times and its the most weak response possible. Yes, we could be 2-6 but thats a glass half empty approach. This team isn't playing glass half empty football. If they were they wouldn't have come back and won on Saturday. They wouldn't have come back and beaten ULM. They wouldn't have battled back to have Coastal finished.

Given your response to my comment I imagine you're in the "Fire Clark" camp. What I'll say to you is go look at the schedule to date...Look at the travel required, competitions class year averge, how ULM, Coastal, ODU & SMU had bye's before they played us, how we lost Harringtion & McLeod, the youth and inexperience of this team, the improved conditioning and the in game adjustments observed...go look at all that and then tell me if you feel that "...they could just as well be 2-6..." is a fair statement.

Go App!
I along with many others are in the win App camp, continue the tradition camp, preserve this program that has been built over the last 25 years camp, no more excuses camp.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:07 pm

ASU843 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:30 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
Anybody on this site that suggests coaching changes should also remember the financial and situational cost associated...~$2m to remove the coaches, another +~$2m for new ones and set back to development & recruiting. They should share their Yosef Club contribution confiramtion and ammount for the year as well just to show they are serious about the implications of their statements.

I'm so glad to see the team perservere and win yesterday. The youth & inexperience of this team combinded with a tortorous schedule this year has not been what you would hope for in a reset. Given that we are 2 plays from being 6-2 is commendable.

SUPPORT THIS TEAM!
I've heard that argument about 1000 times and its the most weak response possible. Yes, we could be 2-6 but thats a glass half empty approach. This team isn't playing glass half empty football. If they were they wouldn't have come back and won on Saturday. They wouldn't have come back and beaten ULM. They wouldn't have battled back to have Coastal finished.

Given your response to my comment I imagine you're in the "Fire Clark" camp. What I'll say to you is go look at the schedule to date...Look at the travel required, competitions class year averge, how ULM, Coastal, ODU & SMU had bye's before they played us, how we lost Harringtion & McLeod, the youth and inexperience of this team, the improved conditioning and the in game adjustments observed...go look at all that and then tell me if you feel that "...they could just as well be 2-6..." is a fair statement.

Go App!
I along with many others are in the win App camp, continue the tradition camp, preserve this program that has been built over the last 25 years camp, no more excuses camp.
If you read what I wrote and think I'm providing excuses then you misinterpreted what I wrote. The "Fire Clark" ideology spread on this web site most often is a knee jerk response to a loss or anything short of utter dominance. Thats not logical or rational. When you take into account all of what I stated in my previous post its clear, at least to me, that "Fire Clark" is not the proper response and hasn't been to this point.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:15 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:07 pm
ASU843 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:

SUPPORT THIS TEAM!

Go App!
If you read what I wrote and think I'm providing excuses then you misinterpreted what I wrote. The "Fire Clark" ideology spread on this web site most often is a knee jerk response to a loss or anything short of utter dominance. Thats not logical or rational. When you take into account all of what I stated in my previous post its clear, at least to me, that "Fire Clark" is not the proper response and hasn't been to this point.
You quite literally listed off excuses… travel, injury, age, bye weeks…

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:27 pm

After looking at the results from this past weekend, it does give support to the parity argument. Is APP playing at their best or up to past standards, probably not. But JMU and Marshall have been mentioned as the teams to beat and Marshall got stomped by Coastal and ODU almost beat JMU.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:53 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:23 pm
appbio91 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
RaleighApp27609 wrote:

I stand corrected, it’s enough time for an absolute disaster to happen and the way our season has been so far….good call

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:18 pm

No one can predict what team might show up on Saturday. App appears to play up or down to our competition with the final result determined by executing a key play in a key moment....or not. App has mostly not made the play when needed. Hopefully the 4th quarter against USM has given the team some confidence and they can ride the wave now. Marshall has a good defense but a mediocre offense, except they do have an elite running back in Ali that could really burn our defense. Show up, be loud and try to have some effect on the outcome. Rock The Rock!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:39 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:15 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
ASU843 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

Go App!
You quite litterally can't see the forest for the trees.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Marshall hasn’t scored a TD in 7 quarters and counting. Defense I’m begging you do t make them look like the Randy Moss version of the turds.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:20 pm

Marshall scored a touchdown late versus JMU, but it was a kick return.

Their offense hasn't scored a touchdown in nine quarters, the last being the last play of the third quarter versus Georgia State.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:28 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:20 pm

Their offense hasn't scored a touchdown in nine quarters, the last being the last play of the third quarter versus Georgia State.
Southern Miss hadn't scored an offensive touchdown in eight quarters prior to playing us last week.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:42 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:39 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:15 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
ASU843 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:

Go App!
You quite litterally can't see the forest for the trees.
Let me paraphrase your statement.

We can’t fire Shawn Clark. It is not all on him due to injury, age, bye weeks, travel, etcetera.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:24 pm

appbanker wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:27 pm
After looking at the results from this past weekend, it does give support to the parity argument. Is APP playing at their best or up to past standards, probably not. But JMU and Marshall have been mentioned as the teams to beat and Marshall got stomped by Coastal and ODU almost beat JMU.
To the “parity” or the league got better argument I ask this question. If everyone else got better why didn’t we get better? I’m not saying the east division of the belt didn’t get better or that we won’t lose some games in the new division but we went from best to worst. We are at the bottom of our division and our 2 wins are against really bad teams. We have not only not kept up with the new leaders of our division we have dropped down to having very competitive games with the folks at the bottom. So did we stand still while everyone passed us or did we have a very significant decline? The result is really the same, best to worst.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:26 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:11 pm
Marshall hasn’t scored a TD in 7 quarters and counting. Defense I’m begging you do t make them look like the Randy Moss version of the turds.
We've fixed things for opposing offenses this season
BLACK SATURDAY

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:26 pm

I’m guess Marsh scores TD on their first possession.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:38 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:20 pm

All they have to do is spread the field 52 wide like our last few opponents have and isolate our LB as, as we go into the Bullfighter Defense, not adjusting, against their RB ALI and we say "Ole" as he takes it to the house
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”