Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#TeamAppState

appdaze

#TeamAppState

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:39 pm

X's and O's weren't the major change. Something changed with these players. All of us on the outside will probably never know. "Insiders" will claim to know. Something happened at half time at Southern Miss. #TeamClark walked in, but #TeamAppState walked out.

I wonder if Joey is stepping up as a vocal leader with confidence.

I wonder who the voices are that changed the team.

I've seen all the chatter about Clark making coaching decision changes etc...weve all seen those kinds of changes. They're technical based and show up in new play calls, different formations, new person calling plays etc... that can help win, but this is different. This is chemistry based.

Whatever happened in that locker room that day changed the season. I hope all the young players take that fire and hold it. I hope they remember it going into the bowl game and the off-season. Xs and Os are a dime a dozen. Chemistry builds champs.

I'm ok never knowing. Bring out your air fresheners and gas masks, the Stink are coming to town.

We are The #TeamAppState
Go Apps!
Fight Apps!

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:42 pm

The biggest change has been that the process clicked. The coaches made changes and the players bought in. There was no secret sauce. Folks on here said to trust the process. Well.. you are seeing the fruits of the process
Last edited by AppSt94 on Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:46 pm

Clark had the game balls to change defensive philosophy mid season.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:21 am

appdaze wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:39 pm
X's and O's weren't the major change. Something changed with these players. All of us on the outside will probably never know. "Insiders" will claim to know. Something happened at half time at Southern Miss. #TeamClark walked in, but #TeamAppState walked out.

I wonder if Joey is stepping up as a vocal leader with confidence.

I wonder who the voices are that changed the team.

I've seen all the chatter about Clark making coaching decision changes etc...weve all seen those kinds of changes. They're technical based and show up in new play calls, different formations, new person calling plays etc... that can help win, but this is different. This is chemistry based.

Whatever happened in that locker room that day changed the season. I hope all the young players take that fire and hold it. I hope they remember it going into the bowl game and the off-season. Xs and Os are a dime a dozen. Chemistry builds champs.

I'm ok never knowing. Bring out your air fresheners and gas masks, the Stink are coming to town.

We are The #TeamAppState
Go Apps!
Fight Apps!
Amen. Hopefully that fire keeps them loyal to the locker room and we don't see a bunch of players trying to chase NIL elsewhere.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:00 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:42 pm
The biggest change has been that the process clicked. The coaches made changes and the players bought in. There was no secret sauce. Folks on here said to trust the process. Well.. you are seeing the fruits of the process
Correct. There have been some changes on O and D. I believe several on the board thought we had opportunity to be better by end of year as compared to beginning of the year. The D was/is very young. Nee coaches trying to figure who were the best players needed to be on the field...and doing with two players or three players out for year on DL and Harrington out for year. The coaching staff has done on great job on that side of the ball as the year progressed.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:03 am

Geez, when you win $1 million, I assume you complain about the the taxes. Geez, eeyore...
#99ForPresident!!

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:22 am

Did a quick count and the number could be off slightly depending on who plays who next week but there are 48 teams who could end up winning at least 8 games. Still good company to be in. Win next week and we are probably in a group of 40ish.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:35 am

They finish the job and beat Troy I’ll name my next dog Denver of the East

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:40 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:00 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Correct. There have been some changes on O and D. I believe several on the board thought we had opportunity to be better by end of year as compared to beginning of the year. The D was/is very young. Nee coaches trying to figure who were the best players needed to be on the field...and doing with two players or three players out for year on DL and Harrington out for year. The coaching staff has done on great job on that side of the ball as the year progressed.
My concern, and what got me to start saying things like, “it’s time for a coaching change,” was that it was clear there were scheme and personnel changes that needed to happen. I didn’t think those changes were going to happen; I thought Clark would be too stubborn. I’m tickled pink that I was completely wrong.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:53 am

I just wish now they had made those adjustments at halftime of Wyoming game instead of halfway thru the season. I would call this an Epic turnaround even if we lose next Saturday. The last 3 1/2 weeks we have seen the App State football we have grown accustomed to and expect to see.
Proud to be a Mountaineer win or lose but even more proud of the coaches and team overcoming adversity.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:54 am

AppSt94 wrote:
^this

I don't think it was a magical halftime locker room speech from Joey, Shawn, Lance Ware (and his binder), Barack Obama, the mayor of Boone, or whomever...that made the difference. And the vocal leadership has been there.

Not to wax philosophical here, but what are the common denominators? Winners consistently:
  • Work their butts off
  • Are committed to being coachable, and
  • Put the team first
Where these habits are found, you're bound to see improvement over time. It's like anything else in life; football is no different.

Example: When Sloan installed the Star, there was no question about App's defense buying into the changes. They were willing to learn, work hard and keep at it until things begin to click...which happened in the 4th quarter of USM.

Friends, the sun is shining this morning, God is still on His throne and all is well up on the mountain.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:02 am

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:40 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:00 am
AppSt94 wrote:
My concern, and what got me to start saying things like, “it’s time for a coaching change,” was that it was clear there were scheme and personnel changes that needed to happen. I didn’t think those changes were going to happen; I thought Clark would be too stubborn. I’m tickled pink that I was completely wrong.
I think we all are..that you were wrong..🤣🤣🤣🤣
#99ForPresident!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:52 am

Yosefus wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:53 am
I just wish now they had made those adjustments at halftime of Wyoming game instead of halfway thru the season. I would call this an Epic turnaround even if we lose next Saturday. The last 3 1/2 weeks we have seen the App State football we have grown accustomed to and expect to see.
Proud to be a Mountaineer win or lose but even more proud of the coaches and team overcoming adversity.
Not really the kind of changes that can be made at half time but I get your point , yes earlier in the season.I think things generally happen for a reason though and longterm we may end up better off having gone through this adversity.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:08 am

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:35 am
Go get the dog new name tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😎😎

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:18 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:08 am
GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:35 am
Go get the dog new name tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😎😎
I need you to hold a few up. If recall there some tatoos on some cheeks right!?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:30 am

AppSt94 wrote:
The “process” changed dramatically four weeks ago.

So glad they made the changes and played to the strengths of the team instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:35 am

The really good defenses we had a few years ago were a bit undersized but we had incredible lateral quickness and had several guys going to the ball. About a month ago teams spread the field and ate us up with RPO's or up the gut runs. We figured that out and the gashing stopped.

Did Davis serve his targeting purgatory in the second half yesterday?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:03 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:30 am
AppSt94 wrote:
The “process” changed dramatically four weeks ago.

So glad they made the changes and played to the strengths of the team instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
The process started long before that change.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:37 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:54 am
AppSt94 wrote:
^this

I don't think it was a magical halftime locker room speech from Joey, Shawn, Lance Ware (and his binder), Barack Obama, the mayor of Boone, or whomever...that made the difference. And the vocal leadership has been there.

Not to wax philosophical here, but what are the common denominators? Winners consistently:
  • Work their butts off
  • Are committed to being coachable, and
  • Put the team first
Where these habits are found, you're bound to see improvement over time. It's like anything else in life; football is no different.

Example: When Sloan installed the Star, there was no question about App's defense buying into the changes. They were willing to learn, work hard and keep at it until things begin to click...which happened in the 4th quarter of USM.

Friends, the sun is shining this morning, God is still on His throne and all is well up on the mountain.
Preach!!!!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:39 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:35 am
The really good defenses we had a few years ago were a bit undersized but we had incredible lateral quickness and had several guys going to the ball. About a month ago teams spread the field and ate us up with RPO's or up the gut runs. We figured that out and the gashing stopped.

Did Davis serve his targeting purgatory in the second half yesterday?
I thought it happened in the 2nd half. I may be misremembering though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”