Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Saw this happening ---

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Saw this happening ---

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:43 pm

Believe it or not - and I am sure most don't believe it - but there were a couple of us who actually seriously discussed this East Championship happening. We did it in private conversations to stay away from the losers who gave up on this team and coaches months ago. Those of you who discussed this with me know who you are and I want to thank you guys for seeing the big picture and knowing this team could do what they have done ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ASUTodd
School: Appalachian State

Re: Saw this happening ---

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:46 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:43 pm
Believe it or not - and I am sure most don't believe it - but there were a couple of us who actually seriously discussed this East Championship happening. We did it in private conversations to stay away from the losers who gave up on this team and coaches months ago. Those of you who discussed this with me know who you are and I want to thank you guys for seeing the big picture and knowing this team could do what they have done ---
Do you want a cookie?

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:53 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:46 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Do you want a cookie?
Piss off Todd

Roll Neers Baby!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:55 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
I believed in this team from day 1. Kept telling people to believe and damnit they did it.

LETS GO APP!!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:57 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:53 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:46 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Do you want a cookie?
Piss off Todd

Roll Neers Baby!
:D :D :D :D :D

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:02 pm

So proud of you. Box of cookies.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:05 pm

The dumbest thing about a post like this, other than the fact you'd expect it from Cline is that you wouldn't say the same thing if recent success didn't occur. You would be quiet. The majority of us that expressed concern early in the year expressed it with hope and desire we would see the App State team we've known and saw in recent weeks. Did I think it would happen with Clark? No. But he made a mid-season adjustment that deserves credit. If it makes you feel better to say I told you so to the minority that hoped for App State losses to prove a fire Clark point, then cool. But the majority of us aren't upset that App will be playing again for the Sun Belt title.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Unread post by 8993 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:05 pm

Cool!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:14 pm

The only confirmational game that APP had a chance at playing for the East was last week in Harrisonburg. Lot of struggling and finding an identity 3/4 of this season. Other than that was just homer delusion. After today, If you say we’ve come a long way and are playing well enough to win the SBC, one has a point.
BLACK SATURDAY

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:30 pm

Lol The “I’m a better fan than you” crowd is out in force. I’m surprised they could reach their keyboards from atop their high horses.

Let’s be real, this season was a s**t show until homecoming and I’m glad they turned it around. I hope you get your box of cookies for being such a good fan

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:38 pm

Losers are still losers - cookies? No - I would hope after this season more of you guys would believe in this team and coaches instead of months of negativity ---
Great post kornegaylw - there were a few of us who felt this way since game #1
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:40 pm

BTW - maybe you've heard about the old saying ---
It's not how you start but How You Finish
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:02 pm

Concerns and gripes were mostly warranted. Calls for mid season firings were ridiculous. We had a miracle win, a god awful loss (ODU) and a couple of heart breakers. Fantastic last half of the season and we get 2 more games.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:21 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:30 pm
Lol The “I’m a better fan than you” crowd is out in force. I’m surprised they could reach their keyboards from atop their high horses.

Let’s be real, this season was a s**t show until homecoming and I’m glad they turned it around. I hope you get your box of cookies for being such a good fan
And the same can be said to the folks on the other side of the argument...as they sure would have been crowing. I am not sure everyone characterized the beginning of the season as $©®t show. Going into the season, reasonable people noted that the defense was very young and that we had a new QB at the helm. The thinking was that the team would get better as the season progressed. How many players on defense made a significant impact on defense were Satt or Drink recruits contributing on D. Not many, if any. It was easy for the "jump off the cliff" mentality to get caught up in one game, one play etc. what some of us saw was a very young team that played hard until the final whistle and thought if they could learn to finish, we had a chance to be good. For example, look at Hopper and Johnson at the beginning of the year compared to end of year. At the beginning of the year, they would make the big play..but were often out of position as they had the same rush idea on most every play. Now, with experience are making the good plays but with much more discipline....that is what we hoped would happen. With all that said, I did not expect a full change in defensive philosophy behind the the D line as we have seen over the past five weeks.
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:23 pm

Come on Black Saturday - you know me - have I ever been anything less than positive - Always been a "glass half full" guy - You know I'm not a delusional homer - Have I always been right? - No - but I have always been consistent
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:38 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:21 pm
BTK2000 wrote:

And the same can be said to the folks on the other side of the argument...as they sure would have been crowing. I am not sure everyone characterized the beginning of the season as $©®t show. Going into the season, reasonable people noted that the defense was very young and that we had a new QB at the helm. The thinking was that the team would get better as the season progressed. How many players on defense made a significant impact on defense were Satt or Drink recruits contributing on D. Not many, if any. It was easy for the "jump off the cliff" mentality to get caught up in one game, one play etc. what some of us saw was a very young team that played hard until the final whistle and thought if they could learn to finish, we had a chance to. E good. For example, look at Hopper and Johnson at the beginning of the year ar compared to end of year. At the beginning of the year, they would make the big play..but were often out of position as they had the same rush idea on most every play. Now,, with experience are making the good plays but with much more discipline....that is what we hoped would happen. With all that sad, I did not expect a full change in defensive philosophy behind the the D line as we have seen over the past five weeks.
I’m so glad for you that you are such a good fan. I hope we can all obtain your level of fandom some day.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:43 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:38 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:21 pm
BTK2000 wrote:

And the same can be said to the folks on the other side of the argument...as they sure would have been crowing. I am not sure everyone characterized the beginning of the season as $©®t show. Going into the season, reasonable people noted that the defense was very young and that we had a new QB at the helm. The thinking was that the team would get better as the season progressed. How many players on defense made a significant impact on defense were Satt or Drink recruits contributing on D. Not many, if any. It was easy for the "jump off the cliff" mentality to get caught up in one game, one play etc. what some of us saw was a very young team that played hard until the final whistle and thought if they could learn to finish, we had a chance to. E good. For example, look at Hopper and Johnson at the beginning of the year ar compared to end of year. At the beginning of the year, they would make the big play..but were often out of position as they had the same rush idea on most every play. Now,, with experience are making the good plays but with much more discipline....that is what we hoped would happen. With all that sad, I did not expect a full change in defensive philosophy behind the the D line as we have seen over the past five weeks.
I’m so glad for you that you are such a good fan. I hope we can all obtain your level of fandom some day.
I am damn glad I am too..😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:48 pm

Are we taking bets on when Jcline will post his, "I am better than you post"? I wasnt expecting Wv to beat him to it.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:55 pm

This thread is an instant classic, tell us how we shouldn’t have left FCS or how we should all stay inside due to Covid too!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:01 pm

I can honestly say when we were sitting 3-4 and came out with the worst football in history to start SoMiss game I can say all I could see was a program that was tanking quickly. You guys that thought and saw otherwise my hat is off to you. With that said not many programs or coaches regardless of level of competition have made a turn like that going into the hardest part of the conference season. I did see a team grow confident and experience and the coaches "dig" deep. I think Clark gained as much or more on how to be a Winning Coach this season than any yet. Proud of him and his team not giving up. It's good to feel like App State football is back again!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”