Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Saw this happening ---

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: Saw this happening ---

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:10 am

Saint I truly hope when you enter the 4th Q of a century you will still be able to be down on the field - that's true for all you guys. Would have loved to been there.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:13 am

As I have said before, desperation is a good motivator. Clark would either go down in the fiery mess he had created or he would make some philosophy changes and internal changes we likely won't see or hear about. My guess is that happened the day he looked in the mirror and knew he better start winning or he'll be out of a job December 1st.

I've always said that I loved Clark, as I do any die hard App alum, but he was underperforming. This was bigger than Clark, and while he stepped up and deserves our congrats, Joey has been the main catalyst to the change in this team. His "attitude" that rubbed everyone the wrong way has been the fight and "leave it all on the field" attitude that seems to have spread like a virus through the locker room the last 5 or 6 weeks. The results speak for themselves. There were people calling for Burger to come back at one point. Fans are fanatics, but we all love this program and anyone involved. No one was wrong for calling out this team and staff earlier, they were clearly underperforming. And the same "told you so" Clark apologists were blaming "lack of student athlete talent" which was clearly not true either.
So let's all agree we are happy to be here as East winners and let's go sandpaper Troy's ass. Some will be optimists, some pessimists, and some realists. In the end, we care enough to debate about it on a message board.
The Appalachian State

Appmountaineers19

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:20 am

All I heard for the 2 years was - WE play for championships and 10 wins season. This is happening right in front of our faces. Will it happen who know and it's not the way anyone would have thought but enjoy it people this is what we wanted. I haven't been on here a lot because yes there is a lot of negativity on the YC. What ever side you were on about SC and the staff - they can coach and make adjustments - the locker room is united - the current staff's recruiting classes and TP are paying off.

Most of all this team could have tucked tail and quit. Whether they know it or not these are life lesson going forward. They are resilient. This may not go down as the "best" team to go through APP but man it may go down as one of the most defining teams to come through.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:33 am

Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:20 am
All I heard for the 2 years was - WE play for championships and 10 wins season. This is happening right in front of our faces. Will it happen who know and it's not the way anyone would have thought but enjoy it people this is what we wanted. I haven't been on here a lot because yes there is a lot of negativity on the YC. What ever side you were on about SC and the staff - they can coach and make adjustments - the locker room is united - the current staff's recruiting classes and TP are paying off.

Most of all this team could have tucked tail and quit. Whether they know it or not these are life lesson going forward. They are resilient. This may not go down as the "best" team to go through APP but man it may go down as one of the most defining teams to come through.
This is a good take
The Appalachian State

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:35 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:35 am
Most of us true Mountaineers were standing in KBS on the field celebrating with the East Division champs.

Missed you.
As I was exiting the field I saw the largest man I have ever seen. Maybe 6-11, 7 foot maybe, and had to be 400 lbs at least.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:45 am

I told a few of you that my belief was no matter what happened down the stretch that Coach Clark wasn't going anywhere - that he would be the head coach next season - my reasons for that feeling were 1.The players who could be back next season 2.A firing of the head coach usually means a big turnover in staff - did we want a new OC again next year? DC? 3.Upheaval in staff leads to more players entering the portal.
Personally, I don't know if there is a true head coach candidate currently on staff?
Also for those who do know and are privy to inside info what gave the impression that Coach Clark would not be back next year?
I did not see him as on the "hot seat", always felt he'd have one more year at least.
Again, if you know info to the contrary I would like to know it.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:52 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:13 am
As I have said before, desperation is a good motivator. Clark would either go down in the fiery mess he had created or he would make some philosophy changes and internal changes we likely won't see or hear about. My guess is that happened the day he looked in the mirror and knew he better start winning or he'll be out of a job December 1st.

I've always said that I loved Clark, as I do any die hard App alum, but he was underperforming. This was bigger than Clark, and while he stepped up and deserves our congrats, Joey has been the main catalyst to the change in this team. His "attitude" that rubbed everyone the wrong way has been the fight and "leave it all on the field" attitude that seems to have spread like a virus through the locker room the last 5 or 6 weeks. The results speak for themselves. There were people calling for Burger to come back at one point. Fans are fanatics, but we all love this program and anyone involved. No one was wrong for calling out this team and staff earlier, they were clearly underperforming. And the same "told you so" Clark apologists were blaming "lack of student athlete talent" which was clearly not true either.
So let's all agree we are happy to be here as East winners and let's go sandpaper Troy's ass. Some will be optimists, some pessimists, and some realists. In the end, we care enough to debate about it on a message board.
I love Clark BUT, bla, bla,bla

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:19 am

I don't understand the "underperforming" this season. Some complained we should have beaten GW worse or whatever as the season progressed. We basically lost 4 games on the last play not by 3 TDs - Now I can understand Bama fans thinking their team underperformed last year because their two losses were on the last play of the game but their fans are accustomed to winning those games like they did yesterday. Several on here noted that if this team kept playing and never quitting they would learn how to win the close game. They did that and more.
Underperforming is Mack Brown - not Coach Clark
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:54 pm

Good coaches make adjustments - as did our coaches.

Not everybody has a job where there is a public scoreboard for all to see. People should be thankful that all of their screwups on the job are not broadcast on a public scoreboard. How would you like a job where the general public thinks they know more about it than those who have the job? And without looking at video and scouting reports and being at every practice, etc. Everybody wants to call plays, manage the clock, etc.

Just have faith in the coaching staff, trust them, and be positive.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:08 pm

The "cliches" by some of you are too funny. You're right, everyone else is wrong. Let's delete the thread now.
The Appalachian State

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:22 pm

This thread is merited. Most negative comments were excessive. Coach was crucified by several on this board. Way to SHUT THEM UP coaches and players. Some of you are miserable people. Now it's time for you to hear from those that had to endure your CRAP!!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:44 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:22 pm
This thread is merited. Most negative comments were excessive. Coach was crucified by several on this board. Way to SHUT THEM UP coaches and players. Some of you are miserable people. Now it's time for you to hear from those that had to endure your CRAP!!!
Outside of one or two people, they weren't excessive, and the criticism was 100% warranted. This thread is just as bad as a thread about "packing Clark's bags and kicking him out of Boone" if he had not gotten this thing on the rails. Any real fan wanted to see this program get it together after a few seasons of wishy washy play and little signs that success could be sustainable with this staff. If that meant moving on from a guy that bleeds black and gold, so be it. The Program is bigger than Clark. Some people on both sides just wanted to be right.
The Appalachian State

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:01 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:19 am
I don't understand the "underperforming" this season. Some complained we should have beaten GW worse or whatever as the season progressed. We basically lost 4 games on the last play not by 3 TDs - Now I can understand Bama fans thinking their team underperformed last year because their two losses were on the last play of the game but their fans are accustomed to winning those games like they did yesterday. Several on here noted that if this team kept playing and never quitting they would learn how to win the close game. They did that and more.
Underperforming is an 8-4 UNC team who was 6-0 and I think top 10 then went 2-4 the second half of the season and lost to a bad UVA. Underperforming is a Georgia State team who was 6-1 and dropped 5 straight.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:12 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:01 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:19 am
Underperforming is an 8-4 UNC team who was 6-0 and I think top 10 then went 2-4 the second half of the season and lost to a bad UVA. Underperforming is a Georgia State team who was 6-1 and dropped 5 straight.
Another underperforming was Marshall, they were tanking just as we were making the turn. Big difference in our results vs theirs. Could have switched roles but NO! Our guys kept digging. Very impressive turnaround.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:09 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:44 pm
JMappfan5 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:22 pm
Outside of one or two people, they weren't excessive, and the criticism was 100% warranted. This thread is just as bad as a thread about "packing Clark's bags and kicking him out of Boone" if he had not gotten this thing on the rails. Any real fan wanted to see this program get it together after a few seasons of wishy washy play and little signs that success could be sustainable with this staff. If that meant moving on from a guy that bleeds black and gold, so be it. The Program is bigger than Clark. Some people on both sides just wanted to be right.
Not necessarily from this board but when a coach has to point out that the “noise” was affecting his children, it is extreme. Necessary or not, there are ways to make complaints without being extreme. What is said, including in places like this, gets out. What is unnecessary is much of the vitriol and hateful words that are thrown around. Quite frankly, we do have some horrible “fans.”
WE ARE YOSEF!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:13 pm

Is this the football equivalent of posterizing?

1701040449407.jpg

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:18 pm

I loved Joey doing his best AE impression on that LB!

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:24 pm

I think he was absolutely on the hot seat after 7 games coming off last years disappointment. That has been reversed with one heck of a finish. Let’s see how next season goes. It’s a performance based business.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”