Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SBC Championship Game at Troy discussion

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: SBC Championship Game at Troy discussion

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:41 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:36 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:24 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:21 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:15 pm
I really don't say stuff like this often, but, I think Troy is a better team than we are this year.
They are, I know some will blame the coaches, but the truth is Troy is the better team. Especially up front on both sides of the ball. The LOS is where it's won or loss, and Troy won the game there today.
I agree
ULL and Troy both grinded App again
I’m not wanting to get into a fire all the coaches thing but who do you blame when an opposing team is that much better than our team? And Summral is only in his 2nd year. He doesn’t even have “ his guys” yet.
I’m going to credit our coaches to get our guys to this level. Troy is good. Their strengths are where our weaknesses are (along the lines). Sometimes you can’t hide it.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:41 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:39 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:26 pm
Man, watching Troy play really makes me wish we had a go to running back that we can ride for a season. We have not done that since Clark has been our head coach for whatever reason. I think we need to get back to that ideal.
We’ve got backs. What we don’t have is an Oline that opens holes like Troy’s. Does anyone think for a moment that Vidal would be the POY behind our line?
Bingo. Vidal didn’t have to make a move until he was 1 yard north of the line of scrimmage. Noel and Castle were getting tackled as the ball hit their gut on the handoff.
YNWA

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:42 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:41 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
I really don't say stuff like this often, but, I think Troy is a better team than we are this year.
They are, I know some will blame the coaches, but the truth is Troy is the better team. Especially up front on both sides of the ball. The LOS is where it's won or loss, and Troy won the game there today.
I agree
I’m not wanting to get into a fire all the coaches thing but who do you blame when an opposing team is that much better than our team? And Summral is only in his 2nd year. He doesn’t even have “ his guys” yet.
I’m going to credit our coaches to get our guys to this level. Troy is good. Their strengths are where our weaknesses are (along the lines). Sometimes you can’t hide it.
Which is what we’ve been known for in the past.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:44 pm

At least we embarrassed the GameDay crew with their picks again. That's a win.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:45 pm

I know this has become cliché but some of y’all on here are ridiculous. App just came off a 5 game win streak, beat a ranked opponent, and skull dragged their primary rival, but App “needs a refresh.”
You know what? It’s not even ridiculous. It’s stupid. It’s ignorant. It shows that you simply have no idea how team sports work. The other team recruits and practices and lifts and plans too. Sometimes they do it better than you. As others have pointed out, App made mistakes and Troy, because they are a great team, took advantage of every one of those mistakes. It happens sometimes. If y’all know so damn much, go coach football. Show us how smart you really are.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:47 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:45 pm
It shows that you simply have no idea how team sports work.
Umm, scoring more points helps you win games?

Hambone09

Unread post by Hambone09 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:47 pm

I know everyone is fired up and disappointed , myself included. Just wanna say this team the last 5 weeks has been good. Defense really stepped and made plays. Tonight made me understand one thing and that’s that our defense of line and offense of line has to get bigger and stronger. We got pushed around all night and that really hurt us. Hats off to Troy for playing physical and understanding that. Looking forward to seeing some some changes and wining a Bowl game 👍🏼 go App always

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:47 pm

Not sore about the loss, not covering the spread hurts.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:49 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
I agree
This is said well. All the good that came over the last 5 games. We’ve got serious work to do. I hope they’re up to it.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:50 pm

MrCraig wrote:
I know this has become cliché but some of y’all on here are ridiculous. App just came off a 5 game win streak, beat a ranked opponent, and skull dragged their primary rival, but App “needs a refresh.”
You know what? It’s not even ridiculous. It’s stupid. It’s ignorant. It shows that you simply have no idea how team sports work. The other team recruits and practices and lifts and plans too. Sometimes they do it better than you. As others have pointed out, App made mistakes and Troy, because they are a great team, took advantage of every one of those mistakes. It happens sometimes. If y’all know so damn much, go coach football. Show us how smart you really are.
8-5

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:50 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
I agree
We agree that our lines are the issue. All I’m saying is if not the coaches who do you blame for us having those issues? They do the recruiting. And that said this didn’t just start this year. It’s been going on for a while now. I don’t want to hear this offseason about the great “skilled” players we signed or got out of the portal. I want to see some 280lb plus guys added to both sides of the ball and a big physical back.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:56 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:50 pm
MrCraig wrote:
8-5
Dude, you’ve been sitting here for 6 weeks now waiting for this to happen, so you could pile back on.
Nobody is happy with 8-5. The mid season turnaround was special. Today sucked…big time. Troy is legit. Won’t happen but Troy should be the G5 representative in the NY6.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:57 pm

To get Troy good or even JMU good I agree with some you you size matters up front. The days of undersized and quicker aren't going to get us in the next level. I think it's obvious even with the mid-season turnaround we have work to do on both sides of the ball still. We are in the 2nd straight year looks like without a 1,000 yard rusher. Defense vs winning record teams struggles. I hope we get a good bowl and win big regardless of who it is and get some more stuff figured out before next fall. All in all they did improve from last year, can't let up though or we will go backwards.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:58 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:56 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
8-5
Dude, you’ve been sitting here for 6 weeks now waiting for this to happen, so you could pile back on.
Nobody is happy with 8-5. The mid season turnaround was special. Today sucked…big time. Troy is legit. Won’t happen but Troy should be the G5 representative in the NY6.
Add in 6-6. Look we are where we are. The record(s) don’t lie. Need to win the bowl game.
Last edited by Pikapp79 on Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:59 pm

Troy was the better team and bitch slapped us today. Can't that simply be the truth?

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:00 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
8-5
Context matters. 8-5 with a win over a ranked opponent, our rival, and the 5th loss was in the conference championship. Most teams only get to play 12 games. App will play 14.

You contribute nothing to this board but negativity ONLY when App loses. You’re either a troll, miserable, or both. Do us all a favor and go away.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:01 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:59 pm
Troy was the better team and bitch slapped us today. Can't that simply be the truth?
No, you have to use this as a reason to crap on who or whatever you specifically don’t like about App State football /sarcasm/

Appgrad91

Unread post by Appgrad91 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:01 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Preach it Brother! You get an amen from this Alumni in the congregation.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:02 pm

I get that it is great that we went on a 5 game win streak.

We still only won 8 games and got completely obliterated to end it.

It’s not all death and destruction but it’s also not all puppies and rainbows either.

Next year it’s put up or shut up time, and everyone knows it.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:04 pm

Appgrad91 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:01 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Preach it Brother! You get an amen from this Alumni in the congregation.
I’ll admit I was majorly down on this coaching staff after the ODU loss. You can go find the posts. But if you can’t be proud and happy with this turnaround, despite the bad loss tonight, you are just simply a miserable person.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”