Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Keep Joey 2024 - NIL

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Re: Keep Joey 2024 - NIL

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:01 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:24 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:05 am
Stonewall wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:41 am
Or cash in.
I won't deny that money plays a role, but we have to stop automatically thinking that every transfer is solely about money. Oregon State and Washington State's situation absolutely sucks right now. No conference, new coach, nothing to play for next season. I wouldn't blame a single player if they all entered the portal.
I don’t think that . Some are. Some are not. Top level kids , more likely.
Remember what you were telling us the other day. I may never doubt you again.

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:16 pm

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:38 pm

Joey A. Love !!!

He is a True MOUNTAINEER!!!

HE GETS IT !!!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:46 pm

Impressive interview. On top of everything he’s done on the field Joey sure talks like a very smart young man.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:09 pm

Love that announcement

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:49 am

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:43 am
Talked to Joey yesterday. Said all the right things. I expect him back but if a $ubstantial offer comes , especially close to home, it would be hard for him to pass on. Keep in mind that we have three QBs in the roster with the talent to start somewhere. My opinion. Is it reasonable to think all will stick ?
Ryan wants to play and likely has the game to , somewhere, next season. No surprise he’s leaving.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:49 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:49 am
Stonewall wrote:
Talked to Joey yesterday. Said all the right things. I expect him back but if a $ubstantial offer comes , especially close to home, it would be hard for him to pass on. Keep in mind that we have three QBs in the roster with the talent to start somewhere. My opinion. Is it reasonable to think all will stick ?
Ryan wants to play and likely has the game to , somewhere, next season. No surprise he’s leaving.
And Joey scored almost 40 total touchdowns this year.

I can't help but some people would rather see Joey leave so Ryan can play, for god knows what reason. The amount of crap such a good QB has gotten on these boards, either through just sheer disrespect, is mind blowing. Someone explain it to me.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:16 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:49 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

I can't help but some people would rather see Joey leave so Ryan can play, for god knows what reason. The amount of crap such a good QB has gotten on these boards, either through just sheer disrespect, is mind blowing. Someone explain it to me.
You must be a message board rookie.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:27 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

Not a soul has suggested such. And, while there might have been some concern early on, I haven't seen anyone criticize Joey since mid season.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:55 pm

hapapp wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:27 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

Not a soul has suggested such. And, while there might have been some concern early on, I haven't seen anyone criticize Joey since mid season.
Mid-season of a 14 game season is about 7 games (well, is). The fact it took that long while Joey was pretty much carrying everyone's water is disrespectful. Luckily people came around but the fact people were calling for his benching even after ODU was a joke.

Now people are acting like the sky is falling.

The way I see it, if Burger thought he'd be next in line for sure, he'd stay regardless of how he feels about Boone. The fact he has a competition for 2025 likely says what you need to know about McHugh amd the guy coming in.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:21 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:55 pm
hapapp wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

Mid-season of a 14 game season is about 7 games (well, is). The fact it took that long while Joey was pretty much carrying everyone's water is disrespectful. Luckily people came around but the fact people were calling for his benching even after ODU was a joke.

The way I see it, if Burger thought he'd be next in line for sure, he'd stay regardless of how he feels about Boone. The fact he has a competition for 2025 likely says what you need to know about McHugh amd the guy coming in.
People making comments about wanting to see Burger stay and Joey not continue as QB..was a miniscule minority.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:08 pm

ericsaid wrote:
hapapp wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

I seriously doubt he was looking at the 2025 competitors for the job. Your judgement of QBs in waiting has a questionable track record.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:56 pm

hapapp wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:08 pm
ericsaid wrote:
hapapp wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

I seriously doubt he was looking at the 2025 competitors for the job. Your judgement of QBs in waiting has a questionable track record.
Hap keeping receipts :lol:

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:01 pm

hapapp wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
hapapp wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

I had one slip up with DBG which I've admitted to. I also came here, after the UNC game, and said that the things Joey was showing were things we hadn't seen out of an App State QB, maybe ever. His precision, throwing to receivers before they even exit their break, his speed in his reads, his velocity on the ball, and his overall decision making were next level. People didn't disagree but there was a lot of wait and see. When a few losses happened I went away because I knew the fire Clark crowd and bench Joey crowd would be out in force.

I'd told my boss, an App grad, that the offense should run through Joey and when that change was made, you saw things take off.

No one bats .1000.

As for looking at the 2025 competition, maybe he wasn't, maybe he was. There is no guarantee here and nearly everyone knows that and accepts it. My contention is that the drop off isn't as big as you'd think it was. Otherwise he would've been suiting up after his broken finger healed.

Furthermore, I ended up being right about Joey, and that should count for something.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:42 pm

ericsaid wrote:
hapapp wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

Why if he can start next year somewhere else? Guess we see it differently. I don't see it telling me anything about any other QB.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:23 pm

I'd say that there are very few quarterbacks in college who are slam dunk starters before any camp. There are a few absolute stars but most still have to beat out competition on their team. I'd hate to be a McHugh and be told that in 2024 I have zero chance at either QB1 or 2.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:49 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:01 pm
hapapp wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
hapapp wrote:
ericsaid wrote:

I had one slip up with DBG which I've admitted to. I also came here, after the UNC game, and said that the things Joey was showing were things we hadn't seen out of an App State QB, maybe ever. His precision, throwing to receivers before they even exit their break, his speed in his reads, his velocity on the ball, and his overall decision making were next level. People didn't disagree but there was a lot of wait and see. When a few losses happened I went away because I knew the fire Clark crowd and bench Joey crowd would be out in force.

I'd told my boss, an App grad, that the offense should run through Joey and when that change was made, you saw things take off.

No one bats .1000.

As for looking at the 2025 competition, maybe he wasn't, maybe he was. There is no guarantee here and nearly everyone knows that and accepts it. My contention is that the drop off isn't as big as you'd think it was. Otherwise he would've been suiting up after his broken finger healed.

Furthermore, I ended up being right about Joey, and that should count for something.
I've said I think Joey is the best QB we've had at the FBS level and frankly the best passing QB we've ever had. I don't think anyone here truly knows why RB chose to leave.

704App

Unread post by 704App » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:34 am

Hate to see Burger go. Had high hopes for him but definitely understand it too.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:02 am

704App wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:34 am
Hate to see Burger go. Had high hopes for him but definitely understand it too.
It could be a situation of addition by subtraction.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:17 pm

He won the starting job, got injured, lost the starting job. Joey looks to be durable and is resilient, so getting the job back is unlikely. I don’t blame Burger for leaving. Not sure he’ll get a starting gig at a better program, but maybe at a good program.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”