Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App had one of the worst run defenses

Pikapp79
School: Appalachian State

Re: App had one of the worst run defenses

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:25 am

We be little

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:59 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:17 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:07 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:50 pm
Bend but don't break and score more than the other guys. Recipe for 8 or more wins.
Yep. Some people have to search for negative stuff about our winning App team. If they don't go undefeated, win the conf and play in a NY6 game, the whole staff should be fired.
Those folks also feel like App football should rush for 200 and throw for 300 every game, average 40 points, allow 10 and 200 yards while averaging 10 sacks by what should be a P5 level defense. Easily accomplished
App had a P5 level defense for a while and now has a P5 level offense. These things eb and flow. Le'ts not forget that this was Sloan's first season back and a lot of retooling had taken place that really was quite a bit different than what he'd worked with before.

The team knows what they need to work on. Personally, I like the idea of Hopper being lined up at end, and occasionally at OLB. He could cover a short area, rush the passer, and set an edge against a tackle. I'll be interested to see what happens at Nose with some guys coming back in the fold.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:00 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:25 am
We be little
Little in what way? Where? App was always small on the line. Overall, this is the biggest line App has had since going to FBS. The only smallish player was Hopper, and he may be better suited as an end, but he was a menace in passing situations from nose.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:46 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:00 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
We be little
Little in what way? Where? App was always small on the line. Overall, this is the biggest line App has had since going to FBS. The only smallish player was Hopper, and he may be better suited as an end, but he was a menace in passing situations from nose.
You can be smaller and not be manhandled. We struggled holding our own. Size certainly isn’t the only issue but if you are you smaller you better be a dog and fight. Do you think our lines did so?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:07 pm

If we App fans think our own the most insufferably negative people ever, please look at any Ohio State fan blog/message board this week. Or Alabama. Or USC. And on and on.

Trust me, App fans on this board and for the most part online are not the exception.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:53 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:07 pm
If we App fans think our own the most insufferably negative people ever, please look at any Ohio State fan blog/message board this week. Or Alabama. Or USC. And on and on.

Trust me, App fans on this board and for the most part online are not the exception.
This is JV, middle school compared to those. It never really gets out of hand like those do. Quite enjoyable.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:03 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:46 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:00 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
We be little
You can be smaller and not be manhandled. We struggled holding our own. Size certainly isn’t the only issue but if you are you smaller you better be a dog and fight. Do you think our lines did so?
In conference play, we often struggled stopping the run because the RB’s were patient and hid behind their big OL men, waiting on us to commit and then running away from our defenders. It was a combination of a lack of penetration and sometimes not playing disciplined football at the LB position.
Early in the season, several of the big runs were to a big hole where a LB should have been. Waylee’s 75 yard run for Wyoming after our Pick 6 was a prime example of this. Most of those long runs were off left tackle.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:53 am

T-Dog wrote:

Our “worst” are still better behaved than their worst, that’s for sure. At least our insufferable ones don’t wish for the coaching staff to die.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:33 am

VNova wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:53 am
T-Dog wrote:

Our “worst” are still better behaved than their worst, that’s for sure. At least our insufferable ones don’t wish for the coaching staff to die.
LOL, true dat. This place is child’s play compared to other sites due to limited amount of posters. Gives a glimpse of how a much larger board reacts. Opinions from both sides.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:55 am

T-Dog wrote:

People here just act the fool and run off at the mouth to one another.

Alabama fans get to jawboning online and end up driving halfway across the state to fist fight one another in the parking lot at the Montgomery Walmart off Atlanta Highway (don't ask me how I know this).

You can throw Tennessee and UGA fans into this category as well. We're all a bunch of knuckleheads but we don't go to those extremes...that I'm aware of.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:03 am

Bootsy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:55 am
T-Dog wrote:

Alabama fans get to jawboning online and end up driving halfway across the state to fist fight one another in the parking lot at the Montgomery Walmart off Atlanta Highway (don't ask me how I know this).

You can throw Tennessee and UGA fans into this category as well. We're all a bunch of knuckleheads but we don't go to those extremes...that I'm aware of.
Tennessee fans are the worst. Highly recommend one not wearing opposing team apparel in Neyland.🤣
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:50 am

Bootsy wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Heck SEC fans kill 100 year old trees. 🙌

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:52 am

Bootsy wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Not so fast my friend, let's not forget about that fabled would be fight in the Mountain City Food Lion parking lot from the old delphi board days.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:17 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:52 am
Bootsy wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Not so fast my friend, let's not forget about that fabled would be fight in the Mountain City Food Lion parking lot from the old delphi board days.
Yeah. I kicked his ass.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:56 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:52 am
Bootsy wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Touche', Pizza.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”