Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NCAA Video Game

beav910
School: Appalachian State

Re: NCAA Video Game

Unread post by beav910 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:18 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:06 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:35 pm
There will definitely be some "We waited a decade just for this?" moments, and the gameplay will have its laughable moments similar to Madden, but as long as they put a lot of effort into the dynasty mode, and offer up a variety of playbooks, per the norm in college football, then I will overall be happy.

Side note...Was not as popular (Actually ended before the last CFB game), and there has been no mention of it being considered, but 2K College Hoops was a beast of a game as well. Wouldn't mind that being introduced as well at some point in the future.
The playbook will be the same one as in Madden with same offensive variations.

EA owns the rights to the NFL, NBA and NCAA games...2k can't go near sports anymore.
You're right on all accounts except the NBA. 2K still owns that license and EA stopped making NBA Live a while ago.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:14 pm

beav910 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:18 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:06 pm
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:35 pm
There will definitely be some "We waited a decade just for this?" moments, and the gameplay will have its laughable moments similar to Madden, but as long as they put a lot of effort into the dynasty mode, and offer up a variety of playbooks, per the norm in college football, then I will overall be happy.

Side note...Was not as popular (Actually ended before the last CFB game), and there has been no mention of it being considered, but 2K College Hoops was a beast of a game as well. Wouldn't mind that being introduced as well at some point in the future.
The playbook will be the same one as in Madden with same offensive variations.

EA owns the rights to the NFL, NBA and NCAA games...2k can't go near sports anymore.
You're right on all accounts except the NBA. 2K still owns that license and EA stopped making NBA Live a while ago.
Thank you. I've never played NBA games...

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:45 am

Each player who opts in for the EA Sports College Football 25 gets $600 and a free copy of the game.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... 25-get-600

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:56 am

ASUGrad2014 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:45 am
Each player who opts in for the EA Sports College Football 25 gets $600 and a free copy of the game.

I hope all of our players want to be in it. It is a great marketing opportunity. I am interested to see if this game becomes the all-time selling football game due to the fact we have not had one in a decade.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:57 am

ASUGrad2014 wrote:

I can't decide if $600 is enough...Given scholarship and team size limits that means EA is paying out somewhere between 7 and 8.5 million not including the cost of the game provided to each player.

My initial reaction tells me it's not enough... especially if I'm a marque player.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:27 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:11 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:57 am
ASUGrad2014 wrote:

I can't decide if $600 is enough...Given scholarship and team size limits that means EA is paying out somewhere between 7 and 8.5 million not including the cost of the game provided to each player.

My initial reaction tells me it's not enough... especially if I'm a marque player.
I'm sure the amount will increase over the years. Considering not a single copy has sold, there is no data to show the NIL impact from the game, and the fact the majority of those receiving the $600 are far from marque players, $600 seems like a decent first year number.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:25 pm

If I'm a player I don't see why you wouldn't just take the money. Sure it doesn't seem like a lot but people have been clamoring for this game for so long they are gonna buy it regardless of what players are in the game. For me the most important thing is that our school is in, sure it's great if we have a full roster and all but I imagine they'll have a custom roster builder you could fix that with.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:31 pm

beav910 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:25 pm
If I'm a player I don't see why you wouldn't just take the money. Sure it doesn't seem like a lot but people have been clamoring for this game for so long they are gonna buy it regardless of what players are in the game. For me the most important thing is that our school is in, sure it's great if we have a full roster and all but I imagine they'll have a custom roster builder you could fix that with.
Exactly. Nobody but maybe their parents are not going to get the game because they aren't in it. There is not a single kid or adult who plays this game that will skip out just because a certain player won't have their likeness in it.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:44 pm

beav910 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:25 pm
I agree. Take the money, use it to your advantage and market your name even more through being featured in he game. Plus get a free copy of the game haha

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:56 pm

I assume there will be a player editor or team editor available. I think that was on option on the most recent editions of the PS and Xbox versions. If that is the case and you don't take the money someone is likely to edit you into the game anyway. And you are out $600 (is that still the limit on earnings without having to claim as income for tax reasons) and a copy of the game.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:55 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:56 pm
I assume there will be a player editor or team editor available. I think that was on option on the most recent editions of the PS and Xbox versions. If that is the case and you don't take the money someone is likely to edit you into the game anyway. And you are out $600 (is that still the limit on earnings without having to claim as income for tax reasons) and a copy of the game.
It was confirmed that a player editor function will be present...however you can't "create" a player that opts out. If a player does opt out a generic player with the average player rating for that position for that school will be inserted. I'm not sure how they plan to prevent you from making a custom player with the exact characteristics as the player who opted out.

It leads to an interesting scenario where a player opts out and its the best player by far at that position for a school and that tanks the teams overall rating in the game....Like say the player opting out is the best QB ever at a school thats never had an amazing QB and it takes the team from a mid 90s rating to a high 70s rating.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:17 pm

Think about all these football players...the vast majority won't go pro, but they'll always be able to show/tell their kids, grandkids and everyone else that they were a playable character in a video game. And that is very cool.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:51 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:17 pm
Think about all these football players...the vast majority won't go pro, but they'll always be able to show/tell their kids, grandkids and everyone else that they were a playable character in a video game. And that is very cool.
This^^^

Sometimes it's about the novelty of something. I'm sure we've all got some grand kid stories. I knew guys that played against Chris Paul and steph curry. One played against Madison Bumgarner and got 4 hits or something like that. These guys will always have that story of being in a video game.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:02 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:55 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:56 pm
It was confirmed that a player editor function will be present...however you can't "create" a player that opts out. If a player does opt out a generic player with the average player rating for that position for that school will be inserted. I'm not sure how they plan to prevent you from making a custom player with the exact characteristics as the player who opted out.

It leads to an interesting scenario where a player opts out and its the best player by far at that position for a school and that tanks the teams overall rating in the game....Like say the player opting out is the best QB ever at a school thats never had an amazing QB and it takes the team from a mid 90s rating to a high 70s rating.
They could block the exact name and number being used but you could edit and change the jersey number by one digit and change the name by one letter I would think. And if they have an editor I would think one could edit abilities. I only had the Wii version and no editor, though it did have App with a generic stadium, and a field goal kicker that was looked to be the size of a 300 lb lineman.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:48 am

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:11 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
ASUGrad2014 wrote:

I'm sure the amount will increase over the years. Considering not a single copy has sold, there is no data to show the NIL impact from the game, and the fact the majority of those receiving the $600 are far from marque players, $600 seems like a decent first year number.
There is part of the problem with deals like this (and NIL and paying players in general). What is the "right amount" of money and who is worth more? This isn't directed towards you but is just an arbitrary question. At some point things have to settle down.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:59 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:48 am
kornegaylw wrote:
ASUGrad2014 wrote:

There is part of the problem with deals like this (and NIL and paying players in general). What is the "right amount" of money and who is worth more? This isn't directed towards you but is just an arbitrary question. At some point things have to settle down.
If many balk at the deal then EA is going to low and if there is a very high percentage that accept this then we can agree it is fair. This would be a prime time of the college players having a CBA between EA Sports and themselves and they could vote on it.

EA Sports might think some player is worth more. The NFL certainly pays different amount.

I am not sure what the SAG-AFTRA minimum is but that could be a guide those those minimums are for voice work in games. I am not sure if the college players are doing anything for the game beyond maybe a day of being scanned for an image and doubt that is even happening.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:12 pm

That ain't bad money for a guy who only stands on the sideline in a red vest for a couple of seasons and flashes signals. Or for the guy who practices field goals during halftime and pregame and never gets on the field.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:44 pm

There should eventually be some sort of profit sharing agreement between the players and EA where they receive a payout after the regular season based on snaps played. We have enough data these days that the payout could be calculated within a week. Who negotiates on behalf of the players though?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:46 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:48 am
kornegaylw wrote:
ASUGrad2014 wrote:

I agree. It's gotten out of control. Ironically the game will probably feature some type of NIL features when it comes to Dynasty Mode. I don't think it can be realistically measured to pay people beyond a fixed rate for everyone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”