Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

AD Pirate Love

moonshine
School: Appalachian State

AD Pirate Love

Unread post by moonshine » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:51 am

"Appalachian State has been mentioned as a possible addition to C-USA. The Mountaineers and Pirates open their respective football seasons in Greenville on Sept. 1 at noon."

"I think Appalachian would be a good addition at some point in the future," Holland said.

"I'd love to see Appalachian State in our conference, not necessarily in Conference USA but wherever we might be in the future."

http://www.bonesville.net/Articles/AlMy ... _Myatt.htm
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

hapapp

Re: AD Pirate Love

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:45 am

From the same article:

"I think Appalachian would be a good addition at some point in the future," Holland said. "I don't think we can go too fast down that particular road with the teams that are moving up (to the Football Bowl Subdivision). We'll see how Old Dominion and Charlotte do, particularly on our side (current East Division) and San Antonio on the other side of the equation. We'll see how those teams moving up actually do..."

Doesn't sound like we should be holding our breath for a CUSA invite any time soon.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 am

hapapp wrote:Doesn't sound like we should be holding our breath for a CUSA invite any time soon.
Indeed, I think it's been fairly established App isn't going anywhere for awhile. Seems like self-inflicted cruel and unusual punishment for some of our fans to continue talking about it. :|

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:50 pm

I agree a C-USA invite does not look like it will happen any time soon. I do think that if a Sun Belt invite opens up we should jump on it. The Sunbelt, with members in GA and FL would help in our recruiting and I think we could very realistically continue having winning seasons as we transition like Marshall did when they went to the MAC. I would not mind road trips every other year to Mobile for USA, Miami for FAU, Nashville for MTSU and Atlanta for Georgia State. Being IA would open up so many opportunites to play better OOC competion at home that I hope we see it soon. But, I expect it's a moot point until next Spring at the earliest.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm still hoping for WAC - East next year.
Bring Your A Game!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 pm

"I'd love to see Appalachian State in our conference, not necessarily in Conference USA but wherever we might be in the future."

This may be even more curious than Holland appearing to change his rhetoric about us in C-USA.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:42 pm

His stance has never changed regarding App and CUSA it was the other 11 ADs that were the problem. Now Judy Rose will. Online to poison their minds against us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”