Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Montana Game Attendance

AtlantaMountaineer
School: Appalachian State

Montana Game Attendance

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:31 pm

I know someone else usually starts the predicted attendance threads, but my friend and I got into a discussion about it at dinner. I said with the additional seats we should set a new attendance record. He disagreed, saying that since expectations for App are lower this year, we probably would not. I still say we set a record. Any thoughts.

YesAppCan

Re: Montana Game Attendance

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 am

Will save my prediction for Nathan, however, a record crowd if weather is not horrible.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:32 am

YesAppCan wrote:Will save my prediction for Nathan, however, a record crowd if weather is not horrible.
yep - weather is the key ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 am

So is the Fire Marshall. Would love to see 35K for Montana. Let's give the Griz a wild welcome.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:52 am

34k with no rain. 29k with rain. The early forecast:

Saturday - Increasing clouds; PM showers & t-showers; High in the mid 70s; Low in the lower 60s
http://booneweather.com/Forecast/Boone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You never know with September in the High Country, especially in a la nina year. Its safe to say that with tailgating starting before noon and kickoff at 6:30, we will get wet at some point during the day. I still expect it to be raucous environment come hell of high water.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:14 pm

still assigned seats on visitor and home side I think we may be suprised at lower than usual numbers 27,576

gaapp78

Unread post by gaapp78 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:23 pm

I am not sure it will be 30K, but with great weather it is a possiblity. I will guess 29,500.

GrizAlum'10
School: Montana

Unread post by GrizAlum'10 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Gotta say, I'm surprised by the (relatively) low predictions for this one. As those of you who made the trip in '09 will recall, it wasn't exactly balmy in Missoula, and there wasn't an empty seat to be found...

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:16 pm

GrizAlum'10 wrote:Gotta say, I'm surprised by the (relatively) low predictions for this one. As those of you who made the trip in '09 will recall, it wasn't exactly balmy in Missoula, and there wasn't an empty seat to be found...
You guys are lucky that you've cultivated such a strong following. We're working on it, but App isn't it there yet. We still have plenty that are probably weighing whether to hop on or off the bandwagon this season. I was hoping for a number that would break the Wofford record, but with another I-A loss (5 years running), early playoff exits the last couple years, and the possibility of soggy weather, I'm no longer sure what to expect.

G2ASU

Unread post by G2ASU » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:37 pm

GrizAlum'10,

You've got to remember we will have less than 24k seats even with the new additions, so every seat would be full even under the lowest predictions that have been made. At stake is how many people will crowd onto a steep grass hill that gets real nasty and dangerous with rain. Wish our stands were right up on top of the field like yours, but there is a lot to like about the ROCK!

GrizAlum'10
School: Montana

Unread post by GrizAlum'10 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:39 pm

RankinApp wrote:
GrizAlum'10 wrote:Gotta say, I'm surprised by the (relatively) low predictions for this one. As those of you who made the trip in '09 will recall, it wasn't exactly balmy in Missoula, and there wasn't an empty seat to be found...
You guys are lucky that you've cultivated such a strong following. We're working on it, but App isn't it there yet. We still have plenty that are probably weighing whether to hop on or off the bandwagon this season. I was hoping for a number that would break the Wofford record, but with another I-A loss (5 years running), early playoff exits the last couple years, and the possibility of soggy weather, I'm no longer sure what to expect.
Yeah, didn't intend that as smack at all. Just watched this vid, and it would appear that you guys have a top-notch atmosphere, a few empty seats or not.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:44 pm

GrizAlum'10 wrote:
Yeah, didn't intend that as smack at all. Just watched this vid, and it would appear that you guys have a top-notch atmosphere, a few empty seats or not.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Didn't take it as smack at all m'man. It's been a point of contention around these parts for a few years now. When it's on the atmosphere at KBS is just as good as any in the country, no doubt about it. Regardless of how many show on Saturday (the diehards will be definitely be attendance) I think the experience will rival the best we've ever had.

philponder

Unread post by philponder » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:09 pm

... I was at Washington-Griz in '09 and the sound level was startling. They have an awesome fan base and a concrete bowl of a stadium with seats right up on the field-- no track like at KBS. I grew up going to Death Valley at Clemson in the 80s and W-G was just as loud. You know that kinda loud that's so loud it's a little scary? That's what it was like. I hope we are that loud this weekend.

AtlantaMountaineer

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:29 pm

If I am not mistaken I think record attendance is slightly over 31,000 against Elon at Homecoming a couple years ago. Sure wish we could break that record Saturday.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:04 pm

This is by all rights our biggest out of conference regular season home game in memory, maybe ever. Two of the top programs in the entire FCS will meet for the first time ever in the regular season. This game should have record crowd written all over it....but, with only a couple of days until the big game there are still tickets available at the box office and more than a few posts on this site trying to sell individual tickets. Add in the fact that bad weather is predicted meaning that the hill will be a soggy mess. This should diminish the walk up crowd. I am hoping to see a new record but feel we will be lucky to break 30000. With that said, I'm throwing caution to the wind and abandoning logic and calling for 32937 and new record.

appstcyclist

Unread post by appstcyclist » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 pm

28697- wilkesboro nc

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 pm

It is a shame about weather affecting our potential attendance. This should have people hanging off the trees and begging to get in. No team that I can recall is so revered as Montana from our standpoint.
They are a tough hard nosed football team normally that almost always have made it far into the playoffs at least.
See - I told ya'll we needed a huge bear as second mascot. (ha)
28210 (South Charlotte)

PS - Have four extra tickets for discount in section 209 if anyone interested.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:36 pm

After much debate and thinking I think I have it. 14 + 9 + 8 = 31. That's AE+DJS+BQ plus my reward points balance on my BOA Visa card $651. "31651" That has got to be attendance for tomorrow!

mom_n_buggie

Unread post by mom_n_buggie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:42 pm

This is my first post! :D

We've been season ticket holders since 2010, but going to games since '94.
This will be the first season where we plan to make EVERY game.
I just hope we can stand up to the weather (including the rain tomorrow).

I've heard that the rain is not supposed to be that bad during the game. Anyone talked to Ray?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”