Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Roster Updates

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Re: Roster Updates

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:05 pm

There's actually at least 7 more to join the roster once classes start. I'm following many walk-ons on twitter and there are at least 2 more that are not on the roster yet but are talking to the players and talking about working out with them. Could be as many as 4 more. Just watching to see.

I realized after I posted and left that the max was 105 until classes. I just couldn't correct my post.

Personally I blame WVAPP. Was talking to him when I posted. ;) (There's your reply to the "crawl my lazy butt out of bed" line).

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:51 pm

firemoose wrote:There's actually at least 7 more to join the roster once classes start. I'm following many walk-ons on twitter and there are at least 2 more that are not on the roster yet but are talking to the players and talking about working out with them. Could be as many as 4 more. Just watching to see.

I realized after I posted and left that the max was 105 until classes. I just couldn't correct my post.

Personally I blame WVAPP. Was talking to him when I posted. ;) (There's your reply to the "crawl my lazy butt out of bed" line).
Well if I hadn't called you at noon, you would still be asleep --- :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:41 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
firemoose wrote:There's actually at least 7 more to join the roster once classes start. I'm following many walk-ons on twitter and there are at least 2 more that are not on the roster yet but are talking to the players and talking about working out with them. Could be as many as 4 more. Just watching to see.

Well if I hadn't called you at noon, you would still be asleep --- :o
Actually I'm on Prednisone so I only get about 30 to 45 minutes of pass out time (sleep?) at a time. :?

My memory sucks right now and I am allowed a mistake or two once in a whi......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...where am I???????? What was I saying????????????????

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Lee Wright dismissed from team.. That's disappointing.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:47 pm

ASUGoose wrote:Lee Wright dismissed from team.. That's disappointing.
Sorry Goose. I saw he was gone from the roster and was about to post it when I looked up more info and decided it was due it's one thread. Very disappointing. I was expecting to see good things from him this year.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Latest update.

Removed from roster:

76 Brandon Hunter OL 6-4 275 Sr. Chapel Hill, N.C. (Louisburg College) (Hargrave Military Academy)
44 Mike Counts DB 6-0 180 So. Alexandria, Va. (Thomas Edison)
Grant Kurzner PK 5-10 190 Fr. Coral Gables, Fla. (Gulliver Prep)

Kurzner and Counts are still listed as in school. It appears Hunter has left school in addition to the team. Too bad for him as he had such a long road to get here I was hoping he would come out with a degree at least. Wish him well.

Roster count stands at 106 right now. That will go up some once classes start and the rest of the walk-on players join.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Moose,
I greatly appreciate your periodic updates. I was just about to look around for latest and up popped your timely status report. You should be working for Bleacher Report as App's personal roster expert.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:25 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:Moose,
I greatly appreciate your periodic updates. I was just about to look around for latest and up popped your timely status report. You should be working for Bleacher Report as App's personal roster expert.
:D Anytime. Happy to do it.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:26 pm

firemoose wrote:Latest update.

Removed from roster:

76 Brandon Hunter OL 6-4 275 Sr. Chapel Hill, N.C. (Louisburg College) (Hargrave Military Academy)
44 Mike Counts DB 6-0 180 So. Alexandria, Va. (Thomas Edison)
Grant Kurzner PK 5-10 190 Fr. Coral Gables, Fla. (Gulliver Prep)

Kurzner and Counts are still listed as in school. It appears Hunter has left school in addition to the team. Too bad for him as he had such a long road to get here I was hoping he would come out with a degree at least. Wish him well.

Roster count stands at 106 right now. That will go up some once classes start and the rest of the walk-on players join.
Little more update info. Brandon Hunter tweeted this am that "the Police Academy had accepted him" (not sure exactly which one but it's a good guess it's one near his home in the Triangle area since he's from Chapel Hill). With all the course work he's put in at the various colleges he's attended he very well may have his degree or be very close. Good for him. He's worked very hard and I wish him great things in the future.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:08 pm

New update. RS So TE Jacob McCann has been taken off the roster. He's still listed in school. This leaves us with five TE's on the roster but only two with any game experience. With Coach talking about using the TE more we need Nunn and Moll to step up for depth. Word has been they want to RS Walton. Really need the others to step up in case Burns or Bailey gets injured so they won't have to pull a shirt off Walton.

Removed:
84 Jacob McCann TE 6-2 220 So. McLeansville, N.C. (Northeast Guilford)

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Think Jacob is going to concentrate solely on Baseball?

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:33 pm

That's his brother not him

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:38 am

DB Alex Gray is back on the official roster. He played in the UM game so I was just waiting for it to be listed.

I know it was reported on the board that his cases were continued until Sept but they are not now nor have they been in the NC database since Aug 15th, his last court date. The calender from 8/15 shows the underage consume case has a verdict number which means it's done. The DV case not longer shows under his name or citation number. From my previous LEO experience I have only seen citation numbers removed for three reasons. 1. Case is bound over to federal court (not here since this was a class A1 misdemeanor). 2. The case was adjudicated and verdict rendered, which means it's closed. Or 3. Case was dismissed.

According to the calender, as stated above, a verdict number was given to the underage consume charge. The means that charge is officially done. Since no verdict number was given in the DV case and it is no longer in the NC court system it appears it has been dismissed. The only way to know for sure is to go to the clerk of courts office and request a written record or look the case up on the computers provided at the office. Once a court case has been disposed you can no longer access records online but only at the courthouse. The only fact I know is that he no longer shows in the state database under name or citation number. I'll keep watching and checking for any additional information but for now he is back on the official roster.

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Did anyone else see Jamie Collmar at NT against ULL? Unless I was seeing things I thought he was in when Burns was banged up in the second half. We r obviously thin there due to injuries but I wonder if this is a change similar to a year ago when we moved Fernandez to the Dline?

Has anyone heard anything else on Lee Wright? He's still got App football all over his Twitter so I didn't know if there is an opportunity for him to come back next season?

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 pm

ASUGoose wrote:Did anyone else see Jamie Collmar at NT against ULL? Unless I was seeing things I thought he was in when Burns was banged up in the second half. We r obviously thin there due to injuries but I wonder if this is a change similar to a year ago when we moved Fernandez to the Dline?

Has anyone heard anything else on Lee Wright? He's still got App football all over his Twitter so I didn't know if there is an opportunity for him to come back next season?
DJ said pregame that Collmar would be playing at NT with Fernandez out

Lee Wright has a couple of different twitter accounts. The one he uses now has Youngstown stuff on it since he is there, but he isn't on their roster :?:

MrSkippy1973

Unread post by MrSkippy1973 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:05 am

ASUGoose wrote:Did anyone else see Jamie Collmar at NT against ULL? Unless I was seeing things I thought he was in when Burns was banged up in the second half. We r obviously thin there due to injuries but I wonder if this is a change similar to a year ago when we moved Fernandez to the Dline?

Collmar has been moved to NT and should see more playing time this week

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:55 pm

The newer roster has been updated more than just removing this year's seniors. I've been watching it for a little while waiting on something else but as I was checking today I found a different surprise (I think you'll be able to tell right away) so I figured I would go ahead and update. Most of the additions are PWO's and WO's that came on board this past fall but just now made the roster plus our four early enrollees. And the deletions I've listed don't include the seniors or the guys we already knew weren't coming back that still had eligibility left (Bryant, Sumler, Machanic). I'll update more as we get closer to signing day and the start of spring ball.

Additions:
Zireycus Letman, WR 6-3 195 Jr. Lincolnton, Ga. (Georgia Military College) (Lincoln County)
Collin Reed, TE 6-3 230 Fr. Boiling Springs, S.C. (Boiling Springs)
Michael Rubino, PK 6-3 190 Fr. Apex, N.C. (Middle Creek)
Mondo Williams, DB 5-11 175 Jr. Iowa City, Iowa (Iowa Western J.C.) (Iowa City West)

Elias McMurry, LS 6-1 265 Fr. Statesville, N.C. (Statesville)
Eric Cheek, WR 6-2 180 Fr. Due West, S.C. (Dixie)
Tristin Fogarty, WR 6-0 180 Fr. Belmont, N.C. (Southlake Christian Academy)
Nic Johnson, DL 6-1 285 Fr. Holly Springs, N.C. (Holly Springs)
Grant Kurzner, PK 5-10 190 Fr. Coral Gables, Fla. (Gulliver Prep)

Deletions:
17 Jordan Noil, WR 6-3 195 Fr. Duluth, Ga. (Norcross)
20 Justin Wilson, DB 5-10 180 Fr. Elon, N.C. (Western Alamance)
30 Trey Anderson, WR 5-10 185 Fr. Orlando, Fla. (Bishop Moore)
57 Tucker Bell, ILB 5-10 205 So. Raleigh, N.C. (Leesville Road)
63 Stephen Bridges, PK 6-0 190 Fr. Morganton, N.C. (Christ School)
96 Will Walker, LS 6-0 180 So. Mebane, N.C. (Eastern Alamance)

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:05 pm

I saw where noil posted on Twitter that he wished he could go back in time and make the decision that was right for him. I would assume he was never really sure about coming here and then when Justin step left he decided to as well. I wonder if he will try and transfer to Maryland.

Oh well you get good ones every year and you're going to lose a couple. We still have a very strong receiving corps

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:01 pm

boonetown1 wrote:I saw where noil posted on Twitter that he wished he could go back in time and make the decision that was right for him. I would assume he was never really sure about coming here and then when Justin step left he decided to as well. I wonder if he will try and transfer to Maryland.

Oh well you get good ones every year and you're going to lose a couple. We still have a very strong receiving corps
Saw those posts too. They came only a couple of days after Stepp left. And he was the one who was pushing hardest for Noil to come here and play WR. But it's not our problem anymore. As you said we'll be fine and we'll always lose a player or two that are more than scout team guys each year. The roster is never set until the season begins.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:26 pm

If I had a son that had a chance to play D1 football at the G5 level, my first piece of advice would be to pick a school not a coach, and definitely not make a decision based upon an assistant coach. There is a 25-50% chance that the assistant coach that recruited you will not be there when you graduate (6 years is a long time for the average assistant to stay at a G5 program, especially a young one like Step).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”