Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Well

sixtoes9134

Well

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:07 pm

Hard to believe a school we beat last year beats us like an effing drum.

wa-griz, schma griz. They would have beat us in Boone tonight too.

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: Well

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 pm

Montana was far and away the better team tonight. ASU was out-manned and out-sized at too many positions to list here. We'd better sign the highly-ranked recruits we have commitments from. We're gonna need 'em going forward.

The Apps had quite a run of bad breaks/bad luck and a ton of mistakes. Some of that will self-correct; some of it will get better with experience and practice.

The transfer RB from Marshall (Van) killed us. We didn't have an answer for him; nor could we control the line of scrimmage. The Griz just had too much muscle and beef.

The thing that sticks in my craw more than anything was a comment from the ESPN3 broadcasters about "it's easy to see who the better conditioned team is." They clearly weren't talking about the guys wearing white. I can't remember the last time someone accused an App State team of being out of condition! That's a real disappointment!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:34 pm

asu66 wrote:Montana was far and away the better team tonight. ASU was out-manned and out-sized at too many positions to list here. We'd better sign the highly-ranked recruits we have commitments from. We're gonna need 'em going forward.

The Apps had quite a run of bad breaks/bad luck and a ton of mistakes. Some of that will self-correct; some of it will get better with experience and practice.

The transfer RB from Marshall (Van) killed us. We didn't have an answer for him; nor could we control the line of scrimmage. The Griz just had too much muscle and beef.

The thing that sticks in my craw more than anything was a comment from the ESPN3 broadcasters about "it's easy to see who the better conditioned team is." They clearly weren't talking about the guys wearing white. I can't remember the last time someone accused an App State team of being out of condition! That's a real disappointment!
That's bc the app football lifting program is a joke now. It's based on CrossFit crap. Which does not work for athletes that need explosive power. We looked tiny and skinny out there.

A couple of the strength coaches know what they are doing. The teams that they are in charge of reap the benefits and look huge compared to the opposition. And are in great sports specific shape.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:59 pm

Black and Gold. You have no clue what you are talking about! Crossfit is one of the most challenging things out there for conditioning. that is not what we lost

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:06 am

Seattleapp wrote:Black and Gold. You have no clue what you are talking about! Crossfit is one of the most challenging things out there for conditioning. that is not what we lost
CrossFit is not for sport specific athletes you dumb a. Maybe you need to get some knowledge on the subject before you start typing. I know what goes on in that weight room. You don't. Football is a power, and short burst sport. The endurance for these types of movements is created in the Weightroom by Olympic style lifts. Heavy interval training. You get bigger, stronger, and endurance is created by Completing the lifts. Do you seriously think Alabama's lineman and running backs do CrossFit? Wrong!

Let me guess. You read men's fitness. So you know about strength training, right? Ha. Good try buddy. You are the one with no clue.

CrossFit is good for general population people that want to be fit. It is terrible for athletes that need to build strength in short bursts.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:19 am

"F" you! You hide behind that keyboard! You tell me where App failed in the conditioning department tonight and not the execution aspect of it? Please tell me me? You know it all my man. You have it figured out. Tell me why we lost because we were not better conditioned instead of the fact that we did not execute on offense.

Grizo406
School: Montana

Unread post by Grizo406 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:59 am

Well, even if the Griz had lost tonight, I'd still say that ASU has the classiest, most genuine, and pleasant fan base I've ever had the pleasure to meet at Washington/Grizzly Stadium...EVER!

The group that made the trip made your program proud!!

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:11 am

Seattleapp wrote:"F" you! You hide behind that keyboard! You tell me where App failed in the conditioning department tonight and not the execution aspect of it? Please tell me me? You know it all my man. You have it figured out. Tell me why we lost because we were not better conditioned instead of the fact that we did not execute on offense.
Never said that's why they lost. Go all the way back to my first post. I quoted the previous post about the announcers sayin we weren't in good physical condition.

O line getting bull rushed and beat every snap. Their o line man handling our d line. Those are two conditioning (strength) issues right there

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:12 am

Oh my God does Satt really have our team doing Crossfit? Does he have them on the Atkins diet too? We're ****ed.

No wonder we got pushed around in the trenches. Football is no place for unhealthy, fad excersize routines.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:56 am

Blackandgold wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:Black and Gold. You have no clue what you are talking about! Crossfit is one of the most challenging things out there for conditioning. that is not what we lost
CrossFit is not for sport specific athletes you dumb a. Maybe you need to get some knowledge on the subject before you start typing. I know what goes on in that weight room. You don't. Football is a power, and short burst sport. The endurance for these types of movements is created in the Weightroom by Olympic style lifts. Heavy interval training. You get bigger, stronger, and endurance is created by Completing the lifts. Do you seriously think Alabama's lineman and running backs do CrossFit? Wrong!

Let me guess. You read men's fitness. So you know about strength training, right? Ha. Good try buddy. You are the one with no clue.

CrossFit is good for general population people that want to be fit. It is terrible for athletes that need to build strength in short bursts.

Come on guys. Try and remember that we are all on the same side. There is no need to disregard someone's comments without first understanding the person's background and experience. And there is no reason to call someone names because you feel they are misinformed.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:01 am

Gonzo wrote:Oh my God does Satt really have our team doing Crossfit? Does he have them on the Atkins diet too? We're ****ed.

No wonder we got pushed around in the trenches. Football is no place for unhealthy, fad excersize routines.

Both d-lines gave up nearly 5 yards a run. So I would say both got pushed around.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:09 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:Hard to believe a school we beat last year beats us like an effing drum.

Remember playing The Citadel last year and the year before?

This game was more like the flip flopping with Wofford. We beat them, they beat us the next year.

There is really no talent disparity between APP and Montana this year. The difference was turnovers and being able to execute along with playing against the best home field advantage at our level.

When we play Georgia, everyone will see a talent disparity.
BLACK SATURDAY

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 am

Gonzo wrote:Oh my God does Satt really have our team doing Crossfit? Does he have them on the Atkins diet too? We're ****ed.

For the last 2.5 or so years the strength coach that is over football has had them doing circuit type, CrossFit type training.

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:19 am

Black Saturday wrote:
sixtoes9134 wrote:Hard to believe a school we beat last year beats us like an effing drum.

Remember playing The Citadel last year and the year before?

This game was more like the flip flopping with Wofford. We beat them, they beat us the next year.

There is really no talent disparity between APP and Montana this year. The difference was turnovers and being able to execute along with playing against the best home field advantage at our level.

When we play Georgia, everyone will see a talent disparity.
Speaking of Georgia. Did anyone see Gurley last night. The kid is a horse. And can run

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:48 am

Black Saturday wrote:

I can kind of agree, I don' think it's pure talent disparity. I think it's more training, being prepared and motivation.

APPSTATE83

Unread post by APPSTATE83 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Grizo406 wrote:Well, even if the Griz had lost tonight, I'd still say that ASU has the classiest, most genuine, and pleasant fan base I've ever had the pleasure to meet at Washington/Grizzly Stadium...EVER!

The group that made the trip made your program proud!!
it appeared players on both teams showed respect for one another as well....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES....
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IGNORANCE AND APATHY? "I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T CARE."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”