Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Griz post from another site

Appmom3186

Griz post from another site

Unread post by Appmom3186 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:05 pm

App Nation, Griz fan here. First I have to point out something that stood out pregame. We have a wounded soldier returning from Afghanistan who lost both legs to an IED. He was a special captain for the game and we are raising money to change his home and make it adaptable for him.

@ pregame the capts come out and get ready for the toss. "Bo" was a good 5 feet back behind and to the side of the Griz. Your QB JLJ first took the time to walk behind the Griz caps and not only shake Bo's hand but say something to him and his family.
I was wishing good luck too App @ the TG's. Post game after I saw this made me stop to every Black and Gold shirt I saw to say thanks, I hope you've been treated well, enjoy Montana and..we will miss you. Probably the ONLY OTHER classy fan base in my 20 yrs as a Griz fan I have ever seen. Trust us. Griz Nation roots for APP. Even more so after what I saw last night. A loss sucks. Being f@cking classy takes heart. I respected you b4 due to your ability. I just thought that was pretty damn classy. In sorry as I don't know what your "official" board is but please share. All The best App Nation. Gonna miss you guys! Give em Hell!
Dan
Whitefish Montana

DaphneUrquhart
School: Appalachian State

Re: Griz post from another site

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks for posting that, Sissy. The Griz fans were great, too. Lots of mutual respect.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:54 am

And yet, we have seattleapp bashing JL-J. :roll:
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:02 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:And yet, we have seattleapp bashing JL-J. :roll:
I think everyone agrees that he is a great leader for this team. He has shown that he is a young man who thinks of others. I think that is why so many would like for him to succeed. And while that gesture says alot about him as a person, it doesn't necessarily negate his subpar performance Saturday night. Nor should it preclude discussion about the quarterback situation.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:09 am

hapapp wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:And yet, we have seattleapp bashing JL-J. :roll:
I think everyone agrees that he is a great leader for this team. He has shown that he is a young man who thinks of others. I think that is why so many would like for him to succeed. And while that gesture says alot about him as a person, it doesn't necessarily negate his subpar performance Saturday night. Nor should it preclude discussion about the quarterback situation.
I have no problem with discussing the QB situation, but I do have a problem with the way seattleapp goes about it...especially after one game. There were a lot of subpar performances on Saturday night, but seattleapp chose to single out a player that got injured. I wish seattleapp posted with the class that JL-J obviously exudes.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”