Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

i had a good time in montana...

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

i had a good time in montana...

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:41 pm

the game sucked balls but other than that, four friends hanging together in a very long long time at the best stadium atmosphere in fcs (doubters...don't kid yosef!) and a very welcoming fan base...couldn't be happier! i didn't like bookending such a trip with a loss but i didn't play...or coach or know any of the reasons for a showing but whatdya gonna do??? pick yourself up and move on...i hate losing...but i love the memories we had in that four day mini vacation. oh...and if any of you think our stadium is louder or equal to wash griz...you obviously also smoked some of that medicinal marijuana they sell out there...tailgating...very even...noise? no way hoss!

DaphneUrquhart
School: Appalachian State

Re: i had a good time in montana...

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:45 pm

But they didn't even have a track!

You're right on all counts. Fans were stellar, weather was good (a little warm for me but tolerable), local brews were tasty. Their stadium is definitely louder than KBS. All-in-all a great experience ... except for the score.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

appsphyl

Unread post by appsphyl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:39 pm

I also had a great time in Montana. I was with Daphne, my daughter, Kym and my grandson, Taylor. We had a good time site seeing and even enjoyed the little mist we were in on Thursday evening. People were terrific and our players will be fine. Looking forward to the season and GO APPS!!!!

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:54 pm

I wasn't sure we would get to the game on time walking through the tailgate area with everyone offering us beer, liquor, food and hand shakes. Awesome hospitality.

butteratgriz
School: Montana

Unread post by butteratgriz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:49 am

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed Missoula. I was at KBS in 2012 for the GRIZ game. Your game day atmosphere and fans are definitely on par w GRIZ Nation! Too bad you guys are moving up, it was the start of a great rivalry. I am proud to say I attended half of the UM/ASU rivalry; having been at WA-GRIZ in 2009 and KBS in 2012. The two best game day experiences of my life! Even better than cruising the Tennessee in a 50 foot cabin cruiser and attending the 2004 Auburn/UT game. GO GRIZ and App!!!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:19 pm

YES, I agree 10000000000000000000000000000000000000%%%%%.. The best place in FCS for sure. The fans were great again this time like in 2009. I got to see my Griz fans from 2009 and met several others that stopped by our spot in Boone last year.

I'll be back next year or the year after to catch up with all of them and take the wife this time. We will catch a game in Boone on Saturday and fly out Sunday to Montana and catch one there the next weekend (only if App has an away game far off,,New Mexico or something like that...LOL).

I had so much fun, I had to put some Griz gear on and the fans walking by thought that was the S*&T and the BOMB!!!!!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Except for the ball game, we had a great time. Griz fans are great folks! And, the countryside is appsolutely picture-esque.

GrizFan

Unread post by GrizFan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm extremely pleased you were all treated well. As I've said before, all we Griz fans were doing was trying to be one-half as accommodating, welcoming and generous as your fans were to us last year.

And once again, I have to say it: These are the two best programs, teams and fan bases in the FCS. Bar none. I seriously wish we could make these games an annual event.

Thanks to ALL of the great App fans my wife and I got to talk with, drink with and laugh with. My liver may not agree, but damn we had a great time!

App91

Unread post by App91 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Couldn't agree more. BHG, good to meet you in the Mo club on thursday night. Great laughs.
I have never been out there, but what a beautiful and an incredible town. Nice folks, Montana people are the bomb. Tailgating had me worried, I was ready to go at noon but no one was there, 2 pm no one. At 4 people started showing up. SO it was short but great. The stadium may be the best atmosphere I have seen anywhere. I know it is not as large as an SEC school but they do alot with 25k.
My new favorite FCS team!

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:29 pm

App91 wrote:My new favorite FCS team!
Effective next year :)

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Well, the trip to Montana was AWESOME....Yellow Stone was beautiful.....Missoula was fun....The Griz Bus trip took a toll on me ;-)..... Tailgating was great but a little short.....the tour of the Montana Facilities was great....I really do like ALL the Montana fans I met...so much like APP....We had them worried about the game until we started playing.....then I went to bed....and now three days later I want to say THANK YOU to all the NICE people we met in Missoula from AlphaGriz to Matt to Mayo and so many others

I think I can help The Griz get a little louder but OSHA might step in.

Thanks again GRIZZ
Good luck this year and years to come

gah-riz

Unread post by gah-riz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:21 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:Well, the trip to Montana was AWESOME....Yellow Stone was beautiful.....Missoula was fun....The Griz Bus trip took a toll on me ;-)..... Tailgating was great but a little short.....the tour of the Montana Facilities was great....I really do like ALL the Montana fans I met...so much like APP....We had them worried about the game until we started playing.....then I went to bed....and now three days later I want to say THANK YOU to all the NICE people we met in Missoula from AlphaGriz to Matt to Mayo and so many others

I think I can help The Griz get a little louder but OSHA might step in.

Thanks again GRIZZ
Good luck this year and years to come
Great seein' ya again Iggy! I'm glad you and the wife had a good time and that you were able to get Bill and the Mrs. Out to Montana. The Short Bus crew is A+++ in my book!

We tried to get ahold of you after the game and went lookin for you, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your evening!

We plan to return to Boone in the not too distant future and hope App heads this way to beat up on Idaho now that you will both be in the Sunbelt.

Really bummed that this rivalry looks to be over for the time being. Your fan base and program are all class. I'm an App fan for life, do in no small part to you guys.

Good luck the rest of the season and on your pending move. Griz Nation is rooting for ya!!!

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:29 pm

My wife & I just got back from Montana! WOW what an experience! Yellowstone, Tetons and Glacier Parks are magnificently beautiful with great hiking trails! Got to Missoula on Friday and went to REDS & Missoula Club (Big Mo). Out until 1am and never paid for a beer except when I treated our new Griz friends!!! Unbelievably friendly and wonderful hosts! Gameday experience was 2nd to NONE...tailgating was awesome...lots of beer and food!!! Stadium and fan-support were best I've ever experienced in FCS and as good as any other place I've ever been except for Clemson. Hope Montana wins it all!!! Thanks Griz fans for making this a lifetime memory for this OLD man and his wife!!!!

ALPHAGRIZ1

Unread post by ALPHAGRIZ1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:07 pm

We are really glad you guys had a great time in Montana....now we are even! ;)

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:17 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:We are really glad you guys had a great time in Montana....now we are even! ;)
Not even close to being even...losses on the last play in the semifinals easily trump a regular season loss.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

grizza
School: Southern Utah

Unread post by grizza » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Thanks for all the great things you App St. guys have said on multiple forums. I met up with a bunch of you from the boards, and many that weren't, and all were nothing but class. All knowledgeable, more than willing to stop and BS, accept a beer ;) , etc... This is why this rivalry was sad to see go, but there is always a possibility for a non-conference game at your house.

Had a great time meeting up with all you guys and gals. Good luck going forward in your season and future Sun Belt.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:34 pm

There is one thing I didn't like!!!!! THE BEES!!!!!!! BEES EVERYWHERE!!!! Even got stung at the tailgate.....LOL
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

GrizFan

Unread post by GrizFan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Here's a pic from game night (wish I could claim it was my own work):

apphiker

Unread post by apphiker » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 pm

I had a great time in Montana, too. My trip started with 2 1/2 weeks in Glacier NP. Missoula was fantastic - it reminds me a lot of Asheville. The pre-game festivities were great. The Griz fans were extremely hospitable, and running into Bill, Iggy, etc. was a pleasant surprise. I was even able to talk a good friend (and alum) into coming out from Seattle to meet up with me. PBR, I'm sorry I missed you, but I'm sure I'll see you Saturday.

GrizFan

Unread post by GrizFan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Hiker, great comparison. Prior to the game in Boone last year, my wife and I spent 3 days in Asheville and loved it, and we also compared it to Missoula. We're talking about summering in Missoula and wintering in Asheville when we retire. That wouldn't suck!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”