Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

WEATHER Trends for APP State / NC A&T

WXAPP
School: Appalachian State

WEATHER Trends for APP State / NC A&T

Unread post by WXAPP » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:46 pm

We live, we learn, we move forward...

First home game of the season this weekend! Heck yeah! Pack the stands my fellow Mountaineers!

Early look at weather trends has the chance for a few storms in the High Country Saturday. Where and, exactly, what geographic region they show up (if they do).. there is no way to tell right now. As many of us know, a lot depends on what side of the mountain you are standing on. So, we'll see. I'm frankly suspicious that the medium range models are a bit over caffeinated right now. So, I'll keep storms chances on the lower side of life for this post.

Tailgate: A few clouds with temps warming through the mid 70s. Small chance for a storm.

Kickoff: Lower 70s. Partly cloudy sky. Small chance for storms in the region.

End of game: Upper 60s, a few clouds, diminishing prospect for storms.

There should be a better feel for the forecast, once we hit Thursday and modeling starts to get a clearer handle on things. Based on what I am seeing, can't think of any good reason not to show folks exactly what it means to be a MOUNTAINEER!

GO APP!
Twitter: @wxcrum

WXAPP

Re: WEATHER Trends for APP State / NC A&T

Unread post by WXAPP » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:44 pm

***THURSDAY PM UPDATE****

Looking less and less likely that a late day shower or isolated storm would, or could, play out. I'll give it 9% at this point. Morning fog for the early... really early tailgaters... mix of clouds for most of the day. No good reason not to go show some love for our team, and show the football world what it means to be a Mountaineer, by packing the stands!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:15 pm

**FRIDAY UPDATE**

Model trends have reached the APPSTANDING level for the game. Rain chances pretty much nil at this point. Mostly sunny skies should abound for the tailgating with mostly clear skies for the bulk of the game. So, my fellow, APPS.. have at it! Enjoy!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 pm

You gonna be there Jeff?

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:11 pm

WXAPP, would you happen to have time to answer some questions about weather and weather forecasting for my 8 year old sometime this week end? He is doing this for a project in Scouting. He will only be here through Sunday afternoon. We can do it by telephone or e-mail? This would help this App and my future App a great deal. I would be more than happy to pay you for your time.
a.k.a JC0429

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:18 pm

**YesApp... No.. won't be up the mountain... love to be.. but taking the weekend for myself.. been a rough year... got a mom fighting with pancreatic cancer. Doubtful I'll make a game this year.... Family first and then my (our) Mountaineers...

**JCline... Sure... drop an email my way.. Jeff.Crum@news14.com I'll be happy to help you out... I'll shoot you my phone # via email...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”