Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MMB Fan Player Analysis

JCline0429

MMB Fan Player Analysis

Unread post by JCline0429 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:36 pm

I wonder how many of you guys would confront verbally these very athletes of which some of you are critiquing seemingly to no end. If they are like the athletes I worked with off and on for decades, they have already spent plenty of time introspectively critiquing and analyzing themselves and their performance on the field as well as listening to what their position coaches are telling them.. Of course there are those head cases who think they know it all and don't listen to anyone analyzing their performance. Hopefully our program has very few if any of these type athletic personalities.

Having finished my rant, I'll close to say that I sincerely hope these guys don't read these boards.

Caveat: Hopefully this post will be taken with a grain of salt and realizing I mean no disrespect toward anyone who posts or reads these forums.

Just my two cents.

Go Apps!
a.k.a JC0429

appst89
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: MMB Fan Player Analysis

Unread post by appst89 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:45 pm

JCline0429 wrote:I wonder how many of you guys would confront verbally these very athletes of which some of you are critiquing seemingly to no end. If they are like the athletes I worked with off and on for decades, they have already spent plenty of time introspectively critiquing and analyzing themselves and their performance on the field as well as listening to what their position coaches are telling them.. Of course there are those head cases who think they know it all and don't listen to anyone analyzing their performance. Hopefully our program has very few if any of these type athletic personalities.

Having finished my rant, I'll close to say that I sincerely hope these guys don't read these boards.

Caveat: Hopefully this post will be taken with a grain of salt and realizing I mean no disrespect toward anyone who posts or reads these forums.

Just my two cents.

Go Apps!
What is the purpose of a fan board? We root for our team, we discuss the players and coaches, we critique the players and coaches, we priase the players and coaches, we share our love of our school.

What would you have a fan board be if not that?

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:56 pm

JCline0429 wrote:I wonder how many of you guys would confront verbally these very athletes of which some of you are critiquing seemingly to no end. If they are like the athletes I worked with off and on for decades, they have already spent plenty of time introspectively critiquing and analyzing themselves and their performance on the field as well as listening to what their position coaches are telling them.. Of course there are those head cases who think they know it all and don't listen to anyone analyzing their performance. Hopefully our program has very few if any of these type athletic personalities.

Just my two cents.

Go Apps!
Sounds just like those western fans when they said "you won't say it to Wagner's face!"
Give 'em hell!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:13 pm

JCline0429 wrote:

Just my two cents.

Go Apps!

I totally agree, had some of our players, community members, non internet fans, and the rest of the world seen some of the things you've posted on here over the years we would have a mass exodus on our hands.

I Love your Caveat!! Bashing people on here for just being fans talking like fans do in a fan forum and then saying you mean no disrespect. Is the grain of salt to be thrown in the wound created by this post, because honestly Cline I'm hurt by your post.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:33 am

appst89 wrote:

Just my two cents.

Go Apps!
What is the purpose of a fan board? We root for our team, we discuss the players and coaches, we critique the players and coaches, we priase the players and coaches, we share our love of our school.

What would you have a fan board be if not that?
I agree with you for the most part, but I just think we go over the top in some cases. I have little to no personal feelings about discussions until it comes to making assumptions about laziness, fear, being un-prepared, unmotivated, etc. More often than not these assumptions are mischaracterized. Many times there are injuries that the fans don't know about and shouldn't. Just because it doesn't show up on the injury lists which are often put out during the days preceding the game doesn't mean some nagging injuries aren't significantly affecting the players mobility, speed, quickness or being able to perform to a maximum level. Often, one player having a temporary or chronic condition can cause his team mates to cover some of his responsibilities thus making the players look like they are not covering their own responsibilities or slacking off.

A case in point regarding another team was the game in which we played Wake one steamy early season game and they were barfing all over the field. Many of our fans thought we had just "out conditioned" them. However, what had happened was that there was an intestinal flu going around the team causing the heat and exertion to make them more susceptible to tossing their cookies. Which they did magnanimously. :)

I reemphasize that my concern about them reading this board is that could adversely affect their "psyche." I know I'll get flamed for this as usual, but am just offering a different insight. These boys are not NFL players making six and seven figures. Most are here because they love the game and want to feel part of a team...winning or not. I speak particularly about Freshmen facing the pressures of what they thought was going to just be a slight to medium step up from high school. They are awed to see a player 25-35 pounds heavier run as fast as them or 25 pounds lighter hit them as hard as they had been anytime in high school. It's quite a shock that few high school coaches can prepare them for.
a.k.a JC0429

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:39 am

BeauFoster wrote:

Just my two cents.

Go Apps!
Sounds just like those western fans when they said "you won't say it to Wagner's face!"
I would have no qualms with anyone approaching one of our coaches and tactfully discuss issues and don't think the coaches would object in any way whatsoever..
a.k.a JC0429

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:44 am

appdaze wrote:
JCline0429 wrote:

Just my two cents.

Go Apps!

I totally agree, had some of our players, community members, non internet fans, and the rest of the world seen some of the things you've posted on here over the years we would have a mass exodus on our hands.

I Love your Caveat!! Bashing people on here for just being fans talking like fans do in a fan forum and then saying you mean no disrespect. Is the grain of salt to be thrown in the wound created by this post, because honestly Cline I'm hurt by your post.
FWIW, I singled NO ONE out in my post rather just voicing my concerns. If it struck a nerve with someone..so be it.
Hopefully you notice that not one time in the past several years have I EVER bashed a player except for the few times I was disgusted and ashamed of their behavior on or off the field.
I knew you would be the first to pile on. Have at it if it makes you feel better.
a.k.a JC0429

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”