Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Kidd Brewer Additions Updates?

Appstate3481

Kidd Brewer Additions Updates?

Unread post by Appstate3481 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Does anyone know if the temp endzone bleachers are up.. and the 4 scrolling marques are they finished? I haven't seen anything on goasu.com so didn't know what was going on

appelect
School: Appalachian State

Re: Kidd Brewer Additions Updates?

Unread post by appelect » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:46 am

The endzone bleachers are being installed now. The ribbon boards are complete.

MaxApp

Unread post by MaxApp » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 am

Temp Bleachers going up as we type.....

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 am

MaxApp wrote:Temp Bleachers going up as we type.....
Are they noticibaly bigger than last year? Very curiousto see how much bigger they will end up looking. Move seats is one thing, but more volume blocks more sound.

appelect

Unread post by appelect » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 pm

They have added 600 more seats. They have made it wider instead of taller.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:45 pm

appelect wrote:They have added 600 more seats. They have made it wider instead of taller.
Being in the end zone when we stopped GaSo on the goalline last year was so much fun. I don't care for the view from those seats, but on the goal line stand it was fun. I wore my dad's ASU hoodie that day, I think it was for the 2005 NC, that he wore when GaSo beat us in 07. I think we made it to one more game which was a playoff game before he passed away-I think that was the Richmond playoff game where AE was doing his thing all over the Spider D. But that hoodie got to see a win over GaSo one last time. I put the hoodie away after the game.

Endzone seats were a blast that game. No question.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

appelect

Unread post by appelect » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:00 pm

That is a great story and awesome memory for you with your father. Hopefully this year will produce a few more!

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:20 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
appelect wrote:They have added 600 more seats. They have made it wider instead of taller.
Being in the end zone when we stopped GaSo on the goalline last year was so much fun. I don't care for the view from those seats, but on the goal line stand it was fun. I wore my dad's ASU hoodie that day, I think it was for the 2005 NC, that he wore when GaSo beat us in 07. I think we made it to one more game which was a playoff game before he passed away-I think that was the Richmond playoff game where AE was doing his thing all over the Spider D. But that hoodie got to see a win over GaSo one last time. I put the hoodie away after the game.

I was in the endzone as well. Made so much noise it was crazy. I really think the fans affected that particular goal line stand.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:29 pm

appelect wrote:That is a great story and awesome memory for you with your father. Hopefully this year will produce a few more!
This is a bit off subject, but I want to share this anyway. Indulge me or ignore as you see fit. I shared this story on the old MMB I am fairly certain, so it can find a home here as well. I sent a note to David Jackson about all of this and the good memories my Dad and I shared over Appalachian sports the last few years of my Dad's life. David Jackson said he forwarded my note to Jerry Moore, and that Coach Moore read it to the team at some point before the LSU game in 2008, just as a way to demonstrate how much ASU means to the people in western NC and the state as a whole, and beyond of course. The underlying message being for the team to do good both on and off the field. I thought that was classy to take time to deal with what I sent David. I am no well connected booster, just an alumni and his father that enjoyed going to a many games as we could afford for a few years.

Here is what I sent David more of less.

The day of the Richmond night playoff game, my Dad and I went up to Boone early, and since he lived in a neighboring county to Watauga he could get a Belk Library card for $10 a year. He loved the mountains so his plan was to drive to Boone every so often and check out some books from the Library. Like many that grew up poor, he never had a chance to go to college when we was younger. He did attend WPCC on Nafta benefits when he was in his 50s, and loved to brag about his 4.0 GPA was higher than either of his children's in college or is daughter-in-law, and my wife graduated at some level of laude from ASU. Anyway he was so proud of that ASU library card. Just being connected to the University meant something to him. I saw him pull the library card out a few times during the game and look at it between kickoffs. Which the way we were scoring happened more than a few times that game.

Proud to be a Mountaineer!

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:03 pm

guys have been working all day on bleachers while we were working on App "A" on the hillside. bleachers span the entire field and are higher up in the middle section while the side are just a tad bit lower...will be cool to see the band there and blow all those horns toward the hillside and make it loud and proud! Let's get it on people...i'm about to piss my pants i'm so ready for this game!!!!!

AppStateNation

Unread post by AppStateNation » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Wow great story. Thanks for sharing.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:

I was in the endzone as well. Made so much noise it was crazy. I really think the fans affected that particular goal line stand.
As I was driving down the mountain, I was able to call in to the post game show. I asked Brown if those sorts of things make a difference or do players at that level block all the sounds out. It seems his answer was that it can be distracting, and that is certainly did not hurt. Even a little distraction for one player can make a difference in the execution of a play.

My original impression was that those seats were student only, and I was with a student at the time as his guest, but there were plenty of,shall we say, people of an age that would qualify as non-traditional, in those stands along with me.

Appstate3481

Unread post by Appstate3481 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks guys for the updates.. I can't wait to be in The Rock Saturday!!! GO APP

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 pm

appelect wrote:That is a great story and awesome memory for you with your father. Hopefully this year will produce a few more!
This is a bit off subject, but I want to share this anyway. Indulge me or ignore as you see fit. I shared this story on the old MMB I am fairly certain, so it can find a home here as well. I sent a note to David Jackson about all of this and the good memories my Dad and I shared over Appalachian sports the last few years of my Dad's life. David Jackson said he forwarded my note to Jerry Moore, and that Coach Moore read it to the team at some point before the LSU game in 2008, just as a way to demonstrate how much ASU means to the people in western NC and the state as a whole, and beyond of course. The underlying message being for the team to do good both on and off the field. I thought that was classy to take time to deal with what I sent David. I am no well connected booster, just an alumni and his father that enjoyed going to a many games as we could afford for a few years.

Here is what I sent David more of less.

The day of the Richmond night playoff game, my Dad and I went up to Boone early, and since he lived in a neighboring county to Watauga he could get a Belk Library card for $10 a year. He loved the mountains so his plan was to drive to Boone every so often and check out some books from the Library. Like many that grew up poor, he never had a chance to go to college when we was younger. He did attend WPCC on Nafta benefits when he was in his 50s, and loved to brag about his 4.0 GPA was higher than either of his children's in college or is daughter-in-law, and my wife graduated at some level of laude from ASU. Anyway he was so proud of that ASU library card. Just being connected to the University meant something to him. I saw him pull the library card out a few times during the game and look at it between kickoffs. Which the way we were scoring happened more than a few times that game.

Proud to be a Mountaineer!
Great story, thanks for sharing that!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”