Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ASU / Montana WX Trends...

WXAPP
School: Appalachian State

ASU / Montana WX Trends...

Unread post by WXAPP » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:17 pm

****Friday update…

Model trends have the bulk of the rain potential east by the kickoff. Pre-game festivities could be wet, but steady shower/storm action seems less likely. A few hits of drizzle perhaps. I don’t foresee mayhem. So, it’s looking better.

GO APP!

-------------

Compared to the living hell of Greenville last week, this Saturday’s evening game will be workable, but likely wet. App Fans are being tested at the start of the season by Ma Nature.

Mostly cloudy to cloudy skies are likely with rain a strong potential for the day and for the game. With luck, a few breaks in the rain, but I’d come prepared to stay dry and I’d mentally get your brain wrapped around a soggy scenario. If it turns out to be “less than” what models have been suggesting today, then so be it and that’s OK. A meteorological fumble is better than one of the field.

Upper 60s for the start of the game with mid 60s around by the end of the game.

GO MOUNTAINEERS!
Last edited by WXAPP on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: @wxcrum

DaphneUrquhart

Re: ASU / Montana WX Trends...

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:01 pm

We joked in Greenville that when we next gathered for our weekly Appalachian family reunions it would be 40 degrees cooler. Sounds like we weren't too far off. As always, we'll come prepared for Boone's fickle weather and enjoy NOT being at ECU. Thanks for keeping us posted.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

40%-50% chance it doesn't rain. I'm going with that scenario. Saturday is sandwiched by 2 nice days, too bad we didn't get lucky.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:33 am

Don't see any chance of a new attendance record with the good chance of rain. It's funny, most of the time the so-called 7-day forecast isn't even close. I felt sure the initial call for rain/storms would change to sunny skies; still could happen, I guess, but it looks wet... Hope things change.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Hopefully WXAPP has a good update tonight/tomorrow. As I saw on the internetz looking like the front is speeding up and rain for the day but may be gone by gametime. May be a bit cooler and a touch more wind for the game though.

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:37 pm

I dare say, there could be some truth to that.. soggy afternoon, rain exiting close to the kick off.. based on latest model run. Need to see that trend stick tomorrow...

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Let's continue to send good wishes this way. Booneweather.com so far says daytime showers ending by evening. Fingers crossed!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Agreed, fingers crossed for the game. Only problem is with the people who are worried about attendance since the grass will be pretty wet and not many are going to want to sit there, rain or not. But for the game itself clearing would be better.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Just my luck. Just won Four Tickets that I want to sell, since we all have our tickets.
Come back from getting them and find out it may rain.
Good thing I am not running the country with my luck.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:21 pm

GoApps70 wrote:Just my luck. Just won Four Tickets that I want to sell, since we all have our tickets.
Just wanted you to know I wasn't giving you rep for the bad luck but for winning the tickets. Hope you can find someone to sell them too ;)

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:05 pm

firemoose wrote:
GoApps70 wrote:Just my luck. Just won Four Tickets that I want to sell, since we all have our tickets.
Just wanted you to know I wasn't giving you rep for the bad luck but for winning the tickets. Hope you can find someone to sell them too ;)
Figured it might have been that the thought of me running the country got to you. Remember I am the person that suggested a huge bear as our second mascot, so think what I would probably do with our country. Hard to believe I won four tickets and need to sell them since we of course already have tickets. I have not won anything except a mug back in 2007 when some TV Cable show asked what the difference between seating at Michigan and Kidd Brewer Stadium was. Other than that it was since I was a kid.
Really look forward to the Griz game though even if it rains a little or a lot. It's way past time that we beat them, and a team (or another) West of the Mississippi.

PS- remember 4 tickets, section 209, for a hundred, let's talk, post a message to me or email me., you know you want 'em, better than you can buy now, take 4 neighbors or friends, if you have them, to the Montana game, ......operators standing by.
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm

****Friday update…

Model trends have the bulk of the rain potential east by the kickoff. Pre-game festivities could be wet, but steady shower/storm action seems less likely. A few hits of drizzle perhaps. I don’t foresee mayhem. So, it’s looking better.

GO APP!

bmeudy

Unread post by bmeudy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:44 pm

WXAPP wrote:****Friday update…

GO APP!
Good news indeed.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:29 pm

GoApps70 wrote:Figured it might have been that the thought of me running the country got to you. Remember I am the person that suggested a huge bear as our second mascot, so think what I would probably do with our country. Hard to believe I won four tickets and need to sell them since we of course already have tickets. I have not won anything except a mug back in 2007 when some TV Cable show asked what the difference between seating at Michigan and Kidd Brewer Stadium was. Other than that it was since I was a kid.
Really look forward to the Griz game though even if it rains a little or a lot. It's way past time that we beat them, and a team (or another) West of the Mississippi.

PS- remember 4 tickets, section 209, for a hundred, let's talk, post a message to me or email me., you know you want 'em, better than you can buy now, take 4 neighbors or friends, if you have them, to the Montana game, ......operators standing by.
I've never even won a free drink and I think the odds for those used to be about 1 in 7 or something like that. I'd probably pass out if I ever really won something. I don't play it but I've always known if I hit the lottery that I would be knocking on the pearly gates either that day or the next. :D

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:00 pm

I, like many App fans probably, have thoughts at times of winning a $365,000,000 super jackpot and donating huge amounts to our favorite school and sport. Could make huge improvements to the stadium. Wouldn't mind having that monorail also, would help on game day.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:59 pm

GoApps70 wrote:I, like many App fans probably, have thoughts at times of winning a $365,000,000 super jackpot and donating huge amounts to our favorite school and sport. Could make huge improvements to the stadium. Wouldn't mind having that monorail also, would help on game day.
Glad to hear I am not the only one that thinks like this. My idea would be to purchase the old high school to use for additional game day parking as well as other endeavors the school sees fit. Then they could build a ski lift over 105 and up trough that neighborhood and down to the stadim. It would fit in with the high country and open up loads of parking. Pipe dreams.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:11 am

t4pizza wrote:
GoApps70 wrote:I, like many App fans probably, have thoughts at times of winning a $365,000,000 super jackpot and donating huge amounts to our favorite school and sport. Could make huge improvements to the stadium. Wouldn't mind having that monorail also, would help on game day.
Glad to hear I am not the only one that thinks like this. My idea would be to purchase the old high school to use for additional game day parking as well as other endeavors the school sees fit. Then they could build a ski lift over 105 and up trough that neighborhood and down to the stadim. It would fit in with the high country and open up loads of parking. Pipe dreams.
A ski lift would fit in with the high country real well. We could really use the extra parking space. I'll include that in my pipe dream.

asu1978

Unread post by asu1978 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:00 am

A domed 60k stadium with retractable roof,one fast enough for changing Boone weather ;)

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:06 am

asu1978 wrote:A domed 60k stadium with retractable roof,one fast enough for changing Boone weather ;)
Football should never, ever be played in a dome unless you live in the Arctic circle.
Give 'em hell!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:45 am

BeauFoster wrote:
asu1978 wrote:A domed 60k stadium with retractable roof,one fast enough for changing Boone weather ;)
Football should never, ever be played in a dome unless you live in the Arctic circle.
AGREE, AGREE, AGREE!!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”