Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Stadium Enhancements

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Stadium Enhancements

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:00 am

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?D ... =205679969" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YesAppCan

Re: Stadium Enhancements

Unread post by YesAppCan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:04 am

upping Kidd Brewer Stadium’s official seating capacity to 24,050

ragsgg

Unread post by ragsgg » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:53 am

I was over at the Field House this morning working on a coach's computer and took a few pics of KBS. The ribbon boards look like they are working and ready to go. Here are a few pics to show what they look like:

Home side:
kbs1.jpg
kbs1.jpg (235.38 KiB) Viewed 5058 times
Close up:
kbs3.jpg
kbs3.jpg (139.58 KiB) Viewed 5058 times
Visitor side:
kbs4.jpg
kbs4.jpg (199.56 KiB) Viewed 5058 times

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks for posting these

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks, I hope the place is rocking on Saturday night! I want our wonderful visitors to go back home and say that we definitely have an incredible atmosphere here!

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:56 am

I guess I was under the impression that the ribbon boards would be continuous and span the length of much of the football field. Oh well.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:28 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:I guess I was under the impression that the ribbon boards would be continuous and span the length of much of the football field. Oh well.
Me too although the boards are still pretty nifty. Don't really see those, of any size, at FCS stadiums.

My question is - how the hell are there still tickets available for this game?! If this doesn't take the attendance record from the entirely forgettable Elon homecoming game I'm going to be appalled. :D

havefunkc

Unread post by havefunkc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:35 pm

While I have to admit, I have never liked the "look" of high school stands at the game...

I APPsolutely love the fact that the leadership is not sitting still! Not too long ago, we didn't have end zone seats - now we do. We needed more seating - they expanded the end zone seats. This is great (IMHO)! Keep going!! :D
And I AM a Mountaineer!

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:28 pm

havefunkc wrote:While I have to admit, I have never liked the "look" of high school stands at the game...

I APPsolutely love the fact that the leadership is not sitting still! Not too long ago, we didn't have end zone seats - now we do. We needed more seating - they expanded the end zone seats. This is great (IMHO)! Keep going!! :D
I like it too. Increasing the capacity in the end zone and putting the band there was also a smart move.

Now, if we could just move the damn track...

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 pm

I was hoping for a moving video panel from end to end on each side.
bannerscoreboard.jpg
Movingscoreboard
bannerscoreboard.jpg (44.06 KiB) Viewed 4748 times

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:38 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:I was hoping for a moving video panel from end to end on each side.
bannerscoreboard.jpg
Me too. As I get older it takes me a while to focus on some things. Figured would be able to see it if it ran all the way across before disappearing.
Guess the main thing is for them to be able to sell advertising though and make a few dollars more. Definately in favor of that.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:48 pm

I guess you gotta walk before you run.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:56 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:I was hoping for a moving video panel from end to end on each side.
That's kind of what I was thinking as well, but then that's usually what springs to mind anymore when I hear about ribbon boards.

Although, I'm happy to see the constant improvements to KBS. Some of the new stadiums and upgrades to existing stadiums at this level are really nice. Need to keep pace or at least stay a step ahead.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:52 pm

RomneyLiberty.jpg
RomneyLiberty.jpg (90.33 KiB) Viewed 4516 times
I was originally hoping to see a ribbon board more like the one at Liberty. It runs from the 20 to 20 or 25 to 25....not absolutely positive. Still a step forward though...ready to see them in action tomorrow!

Dmanuhone

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:53 pm

4 boards equal twice the ads.
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:16 pm

RankinApp wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:I guess I was under the impression that the ribbon boards would be continuous and span the length of much of the football field. Oh well.
Me too although the boards are still pretty nifty. Don't really see those, of any size, at FCS stadiums.

My question is - how the hell are there still tickets available for this game?! If this doesn't take the attendance record from the entirely forgettable Elon homecoming game I'm going to be appalled. :D
Could it be because it is a night game? I realize we had a great crowd for the Halloween game a few years back, but still that was wehn both teams were at the top of the conference. Too, the Elon game was homecoming as you said and there won't be fans from Montana in significant numbers as there might have been from Elon supporters, although Elon isn't known for travelling well..
Back to the boards, are they of significant size to be easily read from the oppossing stands?
a.k.a JC0429

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:21 pm

Somehow I missed the naming of the field. How long has that been up? Some posters had mentioned naming the field after Coach Moore when he retired. That appears to be out now. :?:
a.k.a JC0429

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:20 am

JCline0429 wrote:Could it be because it is a night game? I realize we had a great crowd for the Halloween game a few years back, but still that was wehn both teams were at the top of the conference. Too, the Elon game was homecoming as you said and there won't be fans from Montana in significant numbers as there might have been from Elon supporters, although Elon isn't known for travelling well..
Back to the boards, are they of significant size to be easily read from the oppossing stands?
I guessing but a couple of things might be in play here. I agree that the number of visitors able to come has to be limited due to the economy and other factors like distance (kudos to those Griz fans who have come). The weather has also been up in the air for over a week now and that might keep some away. And I'm sorry to say that some fans (none from this board, of course) but some might not completely understand how big this game is. I've even spoken to a couple of people who go, with their families, to nearly every game and they even asked me why this was such a big deal game. Hard to believe but it's true. From a personal standpoint there is NO WAY that this game should not be on TV somewhere. I've looked at some of the games that are on and this game blows many of them completely out of the water. Two of the top FCS programs in history playing in what is usually a cream puff game week. Can't understand why ESPN or Fox Sports isn't at least showing it regionally. Hopefully the weather will clear in time to bring the fair weather fans out at the last minute. Biggest problem is the grass is going to be really wet and not a lot will want to sit there. Even if there was a last minute rush that will still hurt the numbers.

Here's hoping for a good, clean, and mostly DRY game.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:59 am

firemoose wrote:
JCline0429 wrote:Could it be because it is a night game? I realize we had a great crowd for the Halloween game a few years back, but still that was wehn both teams were at the top of the conference. Too, the Elon game was homecoming as you said and there won't be fans from Montana in significant numbers as there might have been from Elon supporters, although Elon isn't known for travelling well..
I guessing but a couple of things might be in play here. I agree that the number of visitors able to come has to be limited due to the economy and other factors like distance (kudos to those Griz fans who have come). The weather has also been up in the air for over a week now and that might keep some away. And I'm sorry to say that some fans (none from this board, of course) but some might not completely understand how big this game is. I've even spoken to a couple of people who go, with their families, to nearly every game and they even asked me why this was such a big deal game. Hard to believe but it's true. From a personal standpoint there is NO WAY that this game should not be on TV somewhere. I've looked at some of the games that are on and this game blows many of them completely out of the water. Two of the top FCS programs in history playing in what is usually a cream puff game week. Can't understand why ESPN or Fox Sports isn't at least showing it regionally. Hopefully the weather will clear in time to bring the fair weather fans out at the last minute. Biggest problem is the grass is going to be really wet and not a lot will want to sit there. Even if there was a last minute rush that will still hurt the numbers.

Here's hoping for a good, clean, and mostly DRY game.
I agree with your post. The game is on DISH and Direct, but you have to have the ESPN Game Plan pack. Dish, it's on channe; 460 or 466 or 456 "according to the girl from the Phillipines" lol
You have to purchase the package, but I got it just for the weekend..$26 as someone on here suggested.
Montana is one of the few flagship universities we have faced, so it should have drawn more interest than it has.
a.k.a JC0429

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”