Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

New Uni Combos

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

New Uni Combos

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Just saw these on twitter. My first reaction was good grief this is getting out of hand. But I like them all. Except the white helmet. I hate the white helmet.

T-Dog

Re: New Uni Combos

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:07 pm

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Can't say we won't have choices next year but we might have to have the Queer Eye guys in to help them dress (hope everyone knows that was and may still be a TV show and not a slur). "What should we wear today? White pants, grey top, black hat? white pants, black top, white hat? black pants, white top, grey hat?" :lol:

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:13 pm

please have yellow pants. please have yellow pants. please have yellow pants.

yellowed out look is the only thing i have been hoping for in terms of alternate uni's for some time now haha

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Pretty much everything there EXCEPT the traditional black helmet/white block A. Hope that's an oversight.

With that said, I really like most of that. Don't care for the gray, or the white helmet with Yosef. Actually think the white helmet with the black A looks great (as an alternate).

BurlingtonApp

Unread post by BurlingtonApp » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:17 pm

I don't know when we'll have time to wear all of those, but I gotta say, they look great. Victory Yosef is looking good, and not "third grader-ish" at all. Though I will say, I agree with Gonzo, I hope we never wear either of the white helmets.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:17 pm

EastHallApp wrote:Pretty much everything there EXCEPT the traditional black helmet/white block A. Hope that's an oversight.

With that said, I really like most of that. Don't care for the gray, or the white helmet with Yosef. Actually think the white helmet with the black A looks great (as an alternate).
Coach Stepp's pic shows our old helmet. it is next to the yellow helmet out of the picture

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:18 pm

firemoose wrote:Can't say we won't have choices next year but we might have to have the Queer Eye guys in to help them dress (hope everyone knows that was and may still be a TV show and not a slur). "What should we wear today? White pants, grey top, black hat? white pants, black top, white hat? black pants, white top, grey hat?" :lol:

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Gonzo wrote:
firemoose wrote:Can't say we won't have choices next year but we might have to have the Queer Eye guys in to help them dress (hope everyone knows that was and may still be a TV show and not a slur). "What should we wear today? White pants, grey top, black hat? white pants, black top, white hat? black pants, white top, grey hat?" :lol:
:lol: I actually saw that episode. :D

Rick0714

Unread post by Rick0714 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Still like the matte black helmet with black block A the best, but those matte grey helmets look pretty sweet! Here's an idea though, take the one with the A in front on the State map and ditch the A, then put the "Today I give my all..." State map on it! Wouldn't be necessarily aesthetically pleasing, but would be a great psychological and "meaningful" piece (with black jersey, grey pants!). Putting a little App State football tradition on display. :idea:

And the white helmet ... no, just no.

skjellyfetti

Unread post by skjellyfetti » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Yeah, I like them all except the white ones.

And the white with the black block A is better than the white with the old school yosef, imo.

The gray with the black block A is absolutely awesome!

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Say what you will, but between our 'Simpsons' Yosef and our continually alternating uniforms, people will stop and watch when we're on the screen. And it won't win games, but it's great marketing kids love it!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Satterfield may have had a rough start this last season overall based on W/L, but there is no questioning the guy's ability to draw top talent. Wooing 18-year-olds in an art that he's mastered.

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Footba ... erence=SBC
Last edited by Gonzo on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:52 pm

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Overall, I like the options except for the matte gray and white Yosef helmets. My opinion could change once I see them in person- I might like them better...

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:38 pm

There are 8 helmets on the table but only one of them has our "primary" logo. The other helmet with the primary includes the state map. I don't personally care for that one. There are 3 helmets each with the secondary logos. So I am wondering which logo is truly the primary?

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:00 pm

I love all the looks. Having this many different options on uniforms is the new norm in FBS football. I'm glad to see that App is committed to not lose any ground when it comes to recruiting as 18 year old kids love this stuff whether the alumni like it or not.

'GO NEERS!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:03 pm

AppSt94 wrote:There are 8 helmets on the table but only one of them has our "primary" logo. The other helmet with the primary includes the state map. I don't personally care for that one. There are 3 helmets each with the secondary logos. So I am wondering which logo is truly the primary?
The one with the state logo is my favorite. I wonder if ECU will claim we stole it from them?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:21 pm

AppinVA wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:There are 8 helmets on the table but only one of them has our "primary" logo. The other helmet with the primary includes the state map. I don't personally care for that one. There are 3 helmets each with the secondary logos. So I am wondering which logo is truly the primary?
The one with the state logo is my favorite. I wonder if ECU will claim we stole it from them?
That is precisely the reason for my objection. State took it from ECU (which is one of the coolest field logos today) and Carolina has used the state map on their basketball court for decades. It's just not original. iMO.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Is there actually any intent to attempt to use all of these or is this just from a brain storming session? I'm kind of hoping it's the latter. I would say no to both of the white helmets, although the one with the black block A isn't bad, I wouldn't want to see it white a home black uniform. I thought the gray uniforms this year looked ok, but they look more like an away uniform than home. Could we actually use these as an "alternate" away uniform and use either the gray or white (block A) helmet with that? I really don't care for the Yosef logo helmets. I'm not a big fan of helmets with mascot logos in general and to me these just don't look very good. If we are going to use Victory Yosef, maybe we should invest in three color (black, yellow, white) decals instead of the single color but my vote is to stick with the block A on the helmet. Victory Yosef on the shoulder of the jersey looks pretty sharp.

Maybe having umpteen uniforms is the "new norm" for Oregon and the new regime of FBS, but most of the really big boys stick with their traditional looks and use an alternate maybe once a year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”