Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

YOSEF team entrance

Dmanuhone
School: Appalachian State

YOSEF team entrance

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Where was Yosef and his 4 wheeler and gun at the team entrance. Hope to see that come back.
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

appgrunt71

Re: YOSEF team entrance

Unread post by appgrunt71 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:21 am

I have a different suggestion. I propose that we have both a real Yosef and the cartoon character. The real Yosef would be historically correct, carrying his rifle in one hand and the leash for his hunting dog, a Plott hound, in the other. The real Yosef would lead the team on the field and the cartoon character would work the sidelines. The real Yosef with his rifle and hunting dog could really pump up the fans.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:06 pm

the gun and the entrance were pathetic the gun was shot by army reserves and sounded like a cap gun Why?

Appstate3481

Unread post by Appstate3481 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Here is a video of the entrance I took this saturday.. It's not the best quality it's good but not HD.. Enjoy... And ignore the APP STATE fail at the beginning ha it took everyone till the 3rd to get on the same page lol

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 pm

I think part of the reason some of the pre-game things went hay-wire is because I think the band was running late.

Hence the quick version of both the National Anthem and the even quicker version of the Alma Mater...

Hence possible problems with Yosef and the 4 Wheeler

Hence the possible problem with the gun

Hence the band almost running off the field and collapsing the tunnel on more than the usual amount of players..
One game does not a postseason make.
More App Games > Less App Games

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Wasn't overly impressed with the team entrance video.

Sean saying "Welcome to The Rock" before the countdown. Really? Why do they keep messing up things that already work. :x

hbk999

Unread post by hbk999 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:50 am

Dmanuhone wrote:Where was Yosef and his 4 wheeler and gun at the team entrance. Hope to see that come back.
I was glad to have it gone. I think that the entrance and the music (a total South Carolina ripoff) is lame. Play a video, play some loud music, fire some ish off, and run out of the tunnel.

MountainMan

Unread post by MountainMan » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:10 pm

hbk999 wrote: Play a video, play some loud music, fire some ish off, and run out of the tunnel.
Yep. Nuff said.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:44 pm

hbk999 wrote:
Dmanuhone wrote:Where was Yosef and his 4 wheeler and gun at the team entrance. Hope to see that come back.
I was glad to have it gone. I think that the entrance and the music (a total South Carolina ripoff) is lame. Play a video, play some loud music, fire some ish off, and run out of the tunnel.
Same here, I hated the 4 wheeler and 2001 song. Leave that to the chickens.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

appst1992

Unread post by appst1992 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:51 pm

I might get jumped on for this, but I'm also ready for the fireworks to go. It was cool the first year or two, but now it seems cheesy. Just my opinion.

I still think AC/DC (LOUD) should be played for the entrance. Back in Black is the obvious choice, but I think Thunderstruck would be awesome.

boonedocks

Unread post by boonedocks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:13 pm

RankinApp wrote:Wasn't overly impressed with the team entrance video.

Sean saying "Welcome to The Rock" before the countdown. Really? Why do they keep messing up things that already work. :x
I thought the pre-game all the way up to the entrance was the best its been in a while. Could just be the crowd was jacked up for a good Montana team.

I also liked having "Welcome to The Rock" before the countdown, because in previous seasons the crowd usually drowns Connery out, so no one can actually hear it right when the fireworks go off.

So i think that is the right spot, "welcome to The Rock"... countdown...everybody go nuts.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:05 am

I have this vision of a real Yosef with a real gun coming out on the porch of a small house located somewhere in the stadium area, and after we have a video of former players like Armanti saying "Welcome to the rock" shooting the real gun after waving the crowd into a frenzy and then the team rolls out.

Every game a different player or even Peacock saying "Welcome to the Rock" or the band on the Jumbo would be awesome. OR getting a celebrity to do it or a currently serving App overseas...........

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:38 am

Rekdiver wrote:I have this vision of a real Yosef with a real gun coming out on the porch of a small house located somewhere in the stadium area, and after we have a video of former players like Armanti saying "Welcome to the rock" shooting the real gun after waving the crowd into a frenzy and then the team rolls out.

Every game a different player or even Peacock saying "Welcome to the Rock" or the band on the Jumbo would be awesome. OR getting a celebrity to do it or a currently serving App overseas...........
I like this too. The Connery thing is awesome, but I wouldn't mind seeing some former players do it...especially if they got really into it (think "Gentlemen start your engines!).
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:27 am

How about this:

My name is XXXX, Class of 2001 currently serving in Afganistan and " WELCOME TO THE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Or seeing Cadet in his Saints uniform, Cory in his chargers, Kilgore in his 49'ers AE in his Panthers............. doing this
I get pumped just thinking about it.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 am

Rekdiver wrote:How about this:

My name is XXXX, Class of 2001 currently serving in Afganistan and " WELCOME TO THE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Or seeing Cadet in his Saints uniform, Cory in his chargers, Kilgore in his 49'ers AE in his Panthers............. doing this
I get pumped just thinking about it.
Have a series of former players in their pro unis (which probably wouldn't be allowed by the NFL) say it and end it with 007 - build a cracsendo (no musical talent in my bones including spelling) ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Rekdiver wrote:I have this vision of a real Yosef with a real gun coming out on the porch of a small house located somewhere in the stadium area, and after we have a video of former players like Armanti saying "Welcome to the rock" shooting the real gun after waving the crowd into a frenzy and then the team rolls out.

I've thought about the same thing. Maybe have the cabin built into the hill to the left of the scoreboard. After the opening, he could hang out in his rocker on the porch (maybe with the Old Mountain Jug' and his hound dog) and fire the rifle after every score.While were at it, why not have a few young ladies in 'Daisy Dukes' kepping him company!

appgrunt71

Unread post by appgrunt71 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Build the cabin into the hill with steps leading to the front porch. From the front the structure looks just like a mountain cabin. From the back it becomes a flat platform for fans to stand on. So, from the stands you would see Yosef rocking on his front porch and above him along the eave of the roof fans would be standing. And to add more realism Yosef would have his trusty hound dog, specifically a Plott hound, the state dog and a legend in the Appalachians.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:54 pm

I think we are on to something. Who do we talk to to bring this idea to fruition?

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 pm

I was thinking about additions to the stadium and remembered some talking about having a cabin in or around the stadium. It got me to thinking, with the new breweing class ASU is offering, tear down Owens and build a educational (lower levels)/dormitory (upper levels) building. The back of the building would be glass (and have some stadium seating too) so you could see inside to the brewery. Nothing better than brew and football!!! Plus when the program gets a game on TV, it would be a great attention grabber and bring lots of exposure to the new class.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”