Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App-Mich II

ASUGoose
School: Appalachian State

App-Mich II

Unread post by ASUGoose » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Looking at this ESPN article about Michigan and the picture of Hoke just screams foreshadowing!!

Can App make it 2 for 2 not only beating Michigan at the Big House but also driving their head coach out of town?.... Hoke is on the hot seat in Ann Arbor.

GO NEERS!

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... his-spring

mtnjax

Re: App-Mich II

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Apparently Devin Gardner looked like crap in their spring game.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:02 pm

I don't think Garner has much left to give, he reminds me of Edwards his senior year, body has taken such a beating, not nearly as dangerous as he was his freshman year.

ganorris0818

Unread post by ganorris0818 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:41 pm

moehler wrote:I don't think Garner has much left to give, he reminds me of Edwards his senior year, body has taken such a beating, not nearly as dangerous as he was his freshman year.
I disagree wholeheartedly - AE was so much more dangerous his last year.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:27 pm

AE had a bad leg and shoulder his senior year, in my opinion didn't have the same "burst of speed and elusiveness he displayed his freshman/sophomore years. Please don't get me wrong, he still was the best qb in the SC

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:59 am

moehler wrote:AE had a bad leg and shoulder his senior year, in my opinion didn't have the same "burst of speed and elusiveness he displayed his freshman/sophomore years. Please don't get me wrong, he still was the best qb in the SC
You are correct Moehler - he also ran over his foot with a lawnmower before the season started - the 2 Elon knee-shots definitely took away some of his speed and quickness ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:05 am

His heart was bigger than his body. He took some pretty good licks that slowed him down a bit.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:29 am

to this day, it still pisses me off the video showing the Elon lineman picking up Edwards and slamming him on his shoulder long after the play was over. Whats amazing is the ref standing almost directly behind, with a clear view on what just happened and did absolutely nothing. That guy should have been fired and his career as a ref in the SC should have been over. Only in the SC could an incompetent ref keep his job.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:05 am

moehler wrote:to this day, it still pisses me off the video showing the Elon lineman picking up Edwards and slamming him on his shoulder long after the play was over. Whats amazing is the ref standing almost directly behind, with a clear view on what just happened and did absolutely nothing. That guy should have been fired and his career as a ref in the SC should have been over. Only in the SC could an incompetent ref keep his job.
Semi-related: I was chatting with a guy who coaches single A football here in the Durham area this weekend. He was telling me about some of the clinics he's been to. Said he met the coaching staff of most of the major schools in the area at one time or another (UNC, State, Duke, Wake, App, Elon etc) and that everyone was always so nice, but he thought Pete Limbo was a huge jerk. I told him about Elon's annual attempts to hurt our players and the conspiracy theories that at least one year it was under coaches orders. He said he was not surprised at all.

He also said Tom O'Brien was a jerk :lol:

IGgreer

Unread post by IGgreer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:01 am

Gonzo wrote:
moehler wrote:to this day, it still pisses me off the video showing the Elon lineman picking up Edwards and slamming him on his shoulder long after the play was over. Whats amazing is the ref standing almost directly behind, with a clear view on what just happened and did absolutely nothing. That guy should have been fired and his career as a ref in the SC should have been over. Only in the SC could an incompetent ref keep his job.
Semi-related: I was chatting with a guy who coaches single A football here in the Durham area this weekend. He was telling me about some of the clinics he's been to. Said he met the coaching staff of most of the major schools in the area at one time or another (UNC, State, Duke, Wake, App, Elon etc) and that everyone was always so nice, but he thought Pete Limbo was a huge jerk. I told him about Elon's annual attempts to hurt our players and the conspiracy theories that at least one year it was under coaches orders. He said he was not surprised at all.

There's a 1-A school in Durham?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:33 am

IGgreer wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

There's a 1-A school in Durham?
In Thomasville maybe?? I forget the name of the school.

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Sat May 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Satt and staff should show the 2007 game to this year's team just to let them know what is expected of them. Another win in the Big House is what this team needs to get back some of that swag that has been sorely missed since 2010. Go Apps!
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Sat May 17, 2014 1:28 am

From The 10 Most Delusional Fan Bases:
http://collegespun.com/national/the-10- ... e-sports/2

9. Michigan Football Fans:

The fans of the Maize and Blue see themselves as rooting for one of the all-time elite programs in college football history. That may be true, but many of those same supporters also believe that Michigan is currently a great program. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Over the last ten years, Michigan is 2-6 in bowl games; twice missing the postseason altogether.

In that same time span, the Wolverines are averaging only 7.7 wins-per-season. Those aren’t the numbers of a great or elite program, they instead scream mediocre. To put Michigan fan’s delusion into perspective, over the last ten years, Wisconsin is averaging 9.4 wins-per-season. To call Michigan football elite is to ignore logic.

In the entire 16-year BCS era, Michigan never played for a national championship. The same can be said about many big programs, but Wolverines fans have taken it harder than most.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sat May 17, 2014 10:16 am

I can tell you that the people I know that are Michigan fans are very anxious about our game...they have 2 new coaches and played much like App last year....they are not special and if we can play like winners and throw the ball down field, cox can have a big game.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sat May 17, 2014 1:43 pm

things are not going well with the Michigan program, they lost their 2 best offensive lineman to the draft, on a line that wasn't very good to begin with, not sure who is going to be the qb, and they brought in a new defensive coordinator to try and overhaul a defense that wasn't very good last year, and they haven't been able to land a great recruiting class in many years. Hoke is really on the hot seat, he cant just beat us, he has to destroy us to make the fan base feel better. I guarantee he will use every play in the book, he will keep the starters in for the entire game, and he will try and score as many points as humanly possible. SS and his coaching staff need to realize there will not be any "good sportsmanship" on the side of Micigan, they goal is to embarrass us, hope we are ready.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun May 18, 2014 2:04 am

UM has to win first in order to embarrass us. My point being, and this article articulates the point, that UM has its own demons this year. If we can get our act together then there is a reasonable chance we could go in there again and pull off a win. This is not the top 5 team we played last time, albeit, we are also not the same team we had in '07 coming off two FCS NC's with a can't lose attitude those championships instilled in our team. The difference on our side is maybe a bit of FBS level recruiting that may start to show in our team this year.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun May 18, 2014 7:44 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:I can tell you that the people I know that are Michigan fans are very anxious about our game...they have 2 new coaches and played much like App last year....they are not special and if we can play like winners and throw the ball down field, cox can have a big game.
You it's bad for a supposed marquee Big Ten team when fans are anxious about an opener against a team that went 4-8 in FCS last year.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sun May 18, 2014 12:59 pm

not saying we cant pull off the upset, or atleast be competitive, I don't think their starting talent is that much better than ours, but as I said, good sportsmanship isn't going to be observed by Michigan. It wouldn't surprise me if they basically leave the punter on the sideline and pretty much spend the day going for it on 4 downs. Kinda reminds me of the Florida game 4? years ago, Myers had been catching hell all week long about the lack of productivity of his team, first drive 4 and 3 at his own 45, goes for it, that told me he wasn't going to be extremely aggressive, and he did try and run up the score when the game had long been decided.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun May 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Hey it's football not kiddie participation and no score keeping. I want their best to see where we are. It's our job to stop them.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon May 19, 2014 8:46 am

Playing aggressive and "tough" is not wrong. Moehler, are you someway suggesting they will play "dirty" to the level of unsportsmanlike? I don't know where you get that from UM. Regardless of there current state they have traditionally had a reputation of playing hard and by the rules. I welcome that type of competition as we are going to have to raise our game to prove our worthiness as a FBS program.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”