Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Week 3 lines

IGgreer

Week 3 lines

Unread post by IGgreer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Early opening lines courtesy 5dimes.com:

App St -7.5 vs. Citadel

Other games of note:

Samford -19 at G-Webb

Montana -14 vs. Liberty

Coastal Carolina -7 vs. EKU

Wofford -24 vs. Western Carolina

Black Saturday
School: Appalachian State

Re: Week 3 lines

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:42 am

First of all, thanks for sharing these, please continue. Interesting.

Last week, I thought that The Gumroots would have blown out The Citadel, even in Charleston. IIRC that line was around GSU -13.5 points. APP isn't getting the percieved respect by our games line being APP -7.5, heck we just beat Montana by 8 at The Rock. Montana and The Citadel certainly aren't on par in anyones eyes. Maybe this is the year The Citadel is good once every 10 years.

Now, I'm not sure who is out with an injury or suspension this week, but I really do think our overall talent is a couple of rungs above The Citadel. I really like the cohesiveness and new attitude and direction that has been apparently instilled in our team this season, so I don't expect a letdown this week. That honor should go to the guys that just upset The Gnat Swarm.

Beating GSU and APP in consecutive weeks would be so out of character for The Citadel. If The Citadel beats us, go ahead and mail them a piece of the trophy, lol

If you put a gun to me and I had to pick a difference based on talent, but not knowing who is out for APP, I'd say APP by 17-21 pts. ;)
Last edited by Black Saturday on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLACK SATURDAY

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:12 am

Cits numbers last week against GS were not very impressive, I believe they had less than 200 yds total offense, just looking at the stats you would have thought GS won by 21. That being said, they took advantage of every opportunity GS gave them. I agree, I don't think Cit has near the talent we do, but when you run that dam wishbone, tbone, whatever it is offense, you can really eat up the clock and keep yourself in the game, plus they have a great field goal kicker, in a close game, you don't want him deciding the outcome. I think the GS game got our attention, and we will be ready, App 35, Cit 17

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 am

Assuming Jamal turns in another solid performance and we avoid beating ourselves with special team blunders and turnovers, I don't see this game being anywhere near as close as the Montana game was. I like moehler's line, APP 35 Cit 17.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:35 am

I'm surprised that Coastal is favored by 7 over EKU. :geek:

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:01 am

I can see Coastal winning that game at home. BTW, they have a pretty solid OOC schedule this year.

NC A &T
@ Furman
EKU
@ Toledo
@APP

App90

Unread post by App90 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:16 am

Georgia Southern fumbled the ball 5 times, 5 TIMES, losing it 2 times. One fumble gave the ball to el Cid on GSU's own 20 yard line, basically a TD, then the "The Stink", missed I think 2-3 field goals. They had the ball on thier own 29 yard line with 39 seconds left, drove the ball to the Citadels 27 yard line and missed a game winning FG. GSU did not get beat they literally lost the game...Im not saying the Citadel is not capable of beating ASU, but I doubt it. Every thing and I mean every thing went wrong for our true rivals. GSU's coach was so angry in his post game I think he wanted to just leave...I think the spread is a little conservative, and based on thier GSU win alone. The Citadel is going to have a very tough time with Peacock, Washington, and Jones. Too many to cover.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”