Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

AG back?

moonshine
School: Appalachian State

AG back?

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:21 am

What is Alex Gray's status with the team?
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

MDaniels84

Re: AG back?

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:39 am

As long as he keeps his head on straight, this would be a really good add on defense. Alex was tearing it up much of last year, especially in run support.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:40 am

He has a status. The info was posted at 247Sports so I don't wanna post what they're providing to the subscribers

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:45 am

Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:30 am

I hope for his sake and the team's that he's determined to use his mistake as a chance to better himself, and that he takes advantage of this second chance. If so, could be a big help.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:46 am

His court date is 8/15 so the coaches must feel like he will be found not guilt, or found guilt of lesser charges. We don't really know what has been uncovered during the months leading up to the trial.

He would give us a huge boost in the secondary.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Alex is a gamer! This is great news! Hope he has learned a valuable "life" lesson and is ready to be a good citizen off the field and in the classroom! He will really boost an already young secondary!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Not speaking to anyone specifically here, but in the past some on MMB have wanted blood from some of our players who got in trouble - especially with assaulting females --- what is different in this case? ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:Not speaking to anyone specifically here, but in the past some on MMB have wanted blood from some of our players who got in trouble - especially with assaulting females --- what is different in this case? ---
4 and 8?

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:55 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:Not speaking to anyone specifically here, but in the past some on MMB have wanted blood from some of our players who got in trouble - especially with assaulting females --- what is different in this case? ---
For me it just depends if he is guilty or not. If not then I'm looking forward to having him back.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 pm

For me it just depends if he is guilty or not. If not then I'm looking forward to having him back.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:59 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
Were the guys from the past years guilty? - I don't remember anyone going to trial but many on here wrote them off as thugs ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:39 pm

I wasn't here for those debates, but I'll say for myself, I wasn't expecting him back and would have no complaint with a permanent dismissal. That said, if the coaches have decided to give him a second chance, what can you do but hope he makes the most of it?

I definitely don't want him getting a free pass from the legal system either, but from the little I've kept up with the case, it doesn't seem like that's happening here.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:47 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
Were the guys from the past years guilty? - I don't remember anyone going to trial but many on here wrote them off as thugs ---
In one court or another, yes.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 pm

T-Dog wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
In one court or another, yes.
T Dog is right. Were they convicted? No. Were they even charged? No. But in the world of allegations of male on female sexual assault, the poor bastards were guilty until proven innocent.

Par for the course these days.

AppState89

Re: AG back wi

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 pm

I will just keep my mouth shut. I'm pretty sure I know what is going to happen. Will still stand by my statement, "You aren't a man if you hit a woman", even if underhanded crap happens in court. I see it everyday, so don't try to dispute me on this topic or any when it comes to the criminal justice system. Crap, guess I didn't stay quiet. :roll: :roll:
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:34 pm

While I don't know the details of AGs problems In general I say we have no place for anyone who touches a woman provoked or not. And Gonzo if you had a daughter you would understand. This is exactly the question I wanted to ask Satt. What are we doing to address these issues with the players?

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Sure hope we have not sold our soul. I also noticed a secured bond posted last week in the HCPress. It is past time for actions to match words.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:03 am

I don't believe anyone has pointed out the difference between Gray and earlier players (except HappyHippie's 4-8 comment) as to why some were slamming the earlier guys and willing to give Gray a second chance? --- I am not passing judgment on Gray as I know none of the details and if he indeed deserves a 2nd chance then that is fine - I am not seeking to question Coach Satterfield either as he has difficult decisions to make all the time - I am just asking about MMB members and their comments ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:22 am

Rekdiver wrote:While I don't know the details of AGs problems In general I say we have no place for anyone who touches a woman provoked or not. And Gonzo if you had a daughter you would understand. This is exactly the question I wanted to ask Satt. What are we doing to address these issues with the players?
And Gonzo if you had a daughter you would understand.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”