Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sun Belt Social Suite

GoApps70
School: Appalachian State

Sun Belt Social Suite

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:10 am

The Sun Belt has a Social Suite at below site.
Kam Bryant and Ronald Blair just came on.
Satt is next

http://sunbeltsports.org/splash.aspx?SP ... ion-social
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!

GoApps70

Re: Sun Belt Social Suite

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:18 am

They just finished the interview with our players, real smooth guys.
Waiting on Satterfield to come on. Notice the top says they have a break from 12
until 1, but evidently they are disregarding that and broadcasting on through.

They asked our guys about playing Michigan and Blair said non-verbal communication
was super important with 109,000 loud fans there.
Team they most want to play this year, especially new, all of them for both.
Satt on now.
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:33 am

Coach Satterfield said we would only be at 80 scholarships this year. Thought I had heard it was two or three more, but would certainly go by his figure. He talked about how quality back ups to put in
when they have to do so is the biggest difference between playing FCS and FBS.

Playing at Michigan he recounted how they were so tense the last few seconds of the game (actually said 1 1/2 minutes I believe), and how wild they got hugging whoever they could find and walking down through the demoralized Michigan crown to the field to join the celebration there. Before that he mentioned if some Michigan player was injured it might give us the best chance to win. Sorry, wasn't familiar with that player and do not remember the name.

He was asked if Georgia Southern would still be a huge rivalry and he said with the passionate fan base on both sides he was sure it would be even with a new coach at GaSo.

This Social Suite SBC program will continue, they did South Alabama before us, but I may have missed some. Normally seem to be showing and talking to the two players each school brought and then a couple of minutes break and then the head coach. ULM is up next. However remember to watch the App State feed at 2PM, will have our players and Satterfield on that, and GaSo and some others. Also the ESPN3 feed starts at 2PM I believe and is totally different I take it.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:44 am

GoApps70 wrote:Coach Satterfield said we would only be at 80 scholarships this year. Thought I had heard it was two or three more, but would certainly go by his figure. He talked about how quality back ups to put in
when they have to do so is the biggest difference between playing FCS and FBS.

Playing at Michigan he recounted how they were so tense the last few seconds of the game (actually said 1 1/2 minutes I believe), and how wild they got hugging whoever they could find and walking down through the demoralized Michigan crown to the field to join the celebration there. Before that he mentioned if some Michigan player was injured it might give us the best chance to win. Sorry, wasn't familiar with that player and do not remember the name.

He was asked if Georgia Southern would still be a huge rivalry and he said with the passionate fan base on both sides he was sure it would be even with a new coach at GaSo.

This Social Suite SBC program will continue, they did South Alabama before us, but I may have missed some. Normally seem to be showing and talking to the two players each school brought and then a couple of minutes break and then the head coach. ULM is up next. However remember to watch the App State feed at 2PM, will have our players and Satterfield on that, and GaSo and some others. Also the ESPN3 feed starts at 2PM I believe and is totally different I take it.
The numbers I gave in the Recruiting thread were based on available numbers. If we were going for the full 85 then we would have been taking mid 20's. If we stay at 80 then that means we're going to be taking in the 16-17 range. Talking early on in the spring those were discussed but in looking at class size it looks like they don't want overload so take a lesser number this class and be able to add the additional 5 to next's year class. It's all about balance.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Makes sense firemoose, and want you to know was not knocking your numbers in any way. When I said would go with Satterfields just meant was sure he had a direct hand on it even in a daily basis. Didn't mean to put it maybe like I did. Truthfully do not see how you put all that information together so well. I had just figured maybe we had a couple of players leave or lose scholarships or something. You had mentioned before that they might do that to try and even out the classes as much as they could. Guess they got concerned about it as you had mentioned.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:14 pm

GoApps70 wrote:Makes sense firemoose, and want you to know was not knocking your numbers in any way. When I said would go with Satterfields just meant was sure he had a direct hand on it even in a daily basis. Didn't mean to put it maybe like I did. Truthfully do not see how you put all that information together so well. I had just figured maybe we had a couple of players leave or lose scholarships or something. You had mentioned before that they might do that to try and even out the classes as much as they could. Guess they got concerned about it as you had mentioned.
;) Never thought you were knocking the numbers. I went back to the "Incoming Freshmen" thread and made an addition to my post. As I said there when I had talked to some of the staff it was very early on and player evals were just getting started. They weren't really talking about totals then. When East Hall asked I just went in and crunched the numbers and said what was available based on getting to 85. Take 5 away and the numbers get to that around 17 number. Still leaves room in case a can't miss player comes available but also starts working on the balance so we don't keep getting monster classes for a couple of years and short classes the next couple. It always takes time for move ups to get the classes as close to even as possible.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:41 pm

GoApps70 wrote:They just finished the interview with our players, real smooth guys.
Waiting on Satterfield to come on. Notice the top says they have a break from 12
until 1, but evidently they are disregarding that and broadcasting on through.
I think the times on the Sun Belt site are Central Time. They seem to go with that since that's local to them.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:45 pm

I didn't hear the interview, so let me ask for a clarification - did SS say we're at 80 scholarships this year, or that we'll be at 80 next year?

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Think you are right about it being Central time.

Believe he said 80 this year.
They are about to replay his interview on that same site.
So this is probably their hour off.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:21 pm

I had gone outside to load some limbs on my truck and it said Satterfield was coming up, but evidently you can replay the morning presentation. Try it if you want but looks like you can.
Not sure if they will do away with it when they start the afternoon edition, but would imagine if they are doing that they will post it on the Sun Belt site also.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Coach Satterfield will be on with David Jackson at 3PM on AppStateSports.com and is also next on ESPN3 Sun Belt Media day which is different than the OP of this thread. That would basically be:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/i ... condensed/
Hard to decide, maybe ESPN3 or David Jackson's program will be archived.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Satt is on now on ESPN3

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 pm

OK, I'm watching the Sun Belt site replay of Satterfield now. He said we're at 80 now but will be going up to 85 next season. So 85 is the number to use when projecting the 2015 recruiting class.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Hate to post so many times but Satterfield on David Jackson radio show did say we are at 80 scholarships right now. Done purposely to keep from being so top heavy in classes.

Said Malachi Jones did put on a ton of weight, but also jumped 39" last week. Wow.

David Jackson interview is so much better than the ESPN3 interview.
Last edited by GoApps70 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:30 pm

The lead guy on ESPN3 called us App-a-LAY-chun State once in his intro; stuttered a bit the second time he said it and got it right from that time on. I bet his producer was giving him he** through his IFB. I wanted to stick my fist through the screen. Maybe someday they'll finally get it. Maybe.

Scott did fine on ESPN3. He was nervous, but he was polished and made good points. He was well-received by the interviewers.

For all of his experience, GaSouth's Willie Fritz was a disappointment.

Oh, BTW, the Colorado State player that got tossed for seriously injuring a student in a very uneven campus ambush attack, surfaced at Texas State and is now a Sunbelt all-star. Mike Orakpo, brother of Washington Redskins LB Brian Orakpo, is a recovering thug. He'll bear watching when we play those guys. Maybe he won't be drunk and with his gang members that day.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:33 pm

EastHallApp wrote:OK, I'm watching the Sun Belt site replay of Satterfield now. He said we're at 80 now but will be going up to 85 next season. So 85 is the number to use when projecting the 2015 recruiting class.
I'd been working as I had time on the numbers and I had come up with a guess of 46-47 scholarship players in the Fr and So classes. If we're at 80 for this year then I'm pretty close (22 Juniors and 12 Seniors). Remove 12 Seniors and add 5 more to get to 85 and that's 17 players for 2015. That's a fixed number. Any transfers and graduating RS Juniors will add to that number and any PWO's that play their way into a ride will take away from it. I haven't talked to anyone since late March about numbers but I'll work on that and see what we're looking at as far as who we might lose other than the 12 seniors.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:49 pm

asu66 wrote:The lead guy on ESPN3 called us App-a-LAY-chun State once in his intro; stuttered a bit the second time he said it and got it right from that time on. I bet his producer was giving him he** through his IFB. I wanted to stick my fist through the screen. Maybe someday they'll finally get it. Maybe.

Scott did fine on ESPN3. He was nervous, but he was polished and made good points. He was well-received by the interviewers.

Oh, BTW, the Colorado State player that got tossed for seriously injuring a student in a very uneven campus ambush attack, surfaced at Texas State and is now a Sunbelt all-star. Mike Orakpo, brother of Washington Redskins LB Brian Orakpo, is a recovering thug. He'll bear watching when we play those guys. Maybe he won't be drunk and with his gang members that day.
We don't play them this year.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:09 pm

hapapp wrote:
asu66 wrote:The lead guy on ESPN3 called us App-a-LAY-chun State once in his intro; stuttered a bit the second time he said it and got it right from that time on. I bet his producer was giving him he** through his IFB. I wanted to stick my fist through the screen. Maybe someday they'll finally get it. Maybe.

We don't play them this year.
I know, but he's only a junior. We'll see him in due time. And I'm probably being too hard on him. Evidently, he's learned enough from his mistake to move on and become successful in a different time and place. I can respect that. The Colorado State "thing" was a "Sean Price plus 5 or 6 cohorts sort of attack" on two skinny freshmen. Serious matter. Serious head injuries to both students. Those CSU players were lucky to get a second chance.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:14 pm

firemoose wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:OK, I'm watching the Sun Belt site replay of Satterfield now. He said we're at 80 now but will be going up to 85 next season. So 85 is the number to use when projecting the 2015 recruiting class.
I'd been working as I had time on the numbers and I had come up with a guess of 46-47 scholarship players in the Fr and So classes. If we're at 80 for this year then I'm pretty close (22 Juniors and 12 Seniors). Remove 12 Seniors and add 5 more to get to 85 and that's 17 players for 2015. That's a fixed number. Any transfers and graduating RS Juniors will add to that number and any PWO's that play their way into a ride will take away from it. I haven't talked to anyone since late March about numbers but I'll work on that and see what we're looking at as far as who we might lose other than the 12 seniors.
Thanks for the analysis.

Realistically, there will probably be additional attrition due to academics, disciplinary issues, and/or injuries. Just how it goes. That's why most FBS teams are very close to the 25 limit every year, with many being over. If everyone stuck, they could only sign 18-20 per year.

AtlantaMountaineer

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:39 pm

If I heard correctly, Commissioner Benson said during his interview on the Sunbelt Media Days on ESPN3 that all the Sunbelt Conference football games would be on ESPN3 if not ESPNU. Is that true? If so, glad I upgraded my cable and internet to Comcast so I can watch both. I am really liking this FBS, what an improvement over the SoCon. Of course I will still be in Boone for all the home games. GOApps!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”