Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sumler

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: Sumler

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:47 pm

"It may have and I hope it has improved. It is fair to say he just was not very accurate with the long ball and we need that threat to be there even if we use it sparingly. We can't forget that the guys on the other side of the ball are a step above the guys we played against last year."

I agree with you on all of this ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:26 pm

I will address this with what I know, what I think, and what I’m doing to find out. Personally I've been dealing with some pretty bad issues myself. Spent more than a week in a wheelchair two weeks ago so I've been unable to make some of my customary stops on the circuit to talk to some people. And as a side note I might be potentially dealing with some more serious issues. I’ll hopefully know more soon but that’s just a heads up. I’ll try to keep up and keep giving everyone the info you have come to expect.

As for Tacoi, Scott did indeed tell DJ in their interview that he has had an up and down summer, health wise. The Democrat left that part out of their quote that was printed. For those who want to you can hear it at appstatesports in the media player section. There is a radio archive of the Sun Belt interviews that DJ did. It’s a 2 hour segment but Satt comes up at about the 58 minute mark. Wait for it to load and then pull the bar over to that time to hear him and DJ talking. The receivers part is just a couple of minutes in. He talks about Malachi first then Tacoi.

Second, I follow Tacoi on twitter. He hasn't said a whole lot about any problems this summer. Last year at this time he was very frustrated about his recovery and talked about it often. Not so much this time. He posted on July 2 that he had a dream he had caught 3 passes for 145 and 2 TD's in the first half at Michigan. Said he woke up before the second half. Posted on the 16th about the fact that the Michigan game was on ESPN2 @ noon. Said it wasn't a Primetime game but we were going to make it one. Also retweeted a post from John Law about the season coming up fast on the 21st.

From what Scott said it does sound like there have been a few problems but the fact that Tacoi isn't talking about them and is talking about Michigan makes me think, at least right now, they aren't as bad as they have been in the past. Again, just a guess. And maybe a hopeful one at that but he’s been through so much and we saw his potential in the spring game. I want to see him have a big year not just for the team but mainly because he’s worked so hard for it. Fall camp is starting and that will tell the tale. We’ll know soon enough but I am asking some questions and if I hear anything that can be said I’ll post it. That’s what I have at the moment.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Thanks Firemoose. I hope you get better soon!

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks Moose. I too hope you get some good news.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:56 am

WVAPPeer wrote:We just need to wait until Moose crawls his lazy ass out of bed this morning and checks the board and he will surely know --- :mrgreen:
Just so you guys will know - I had communicated with FireMoose in the last few days and knew he was not doing well - thus my comment was an attempt to bring a smile to his face - And of course, the second part of my comment was 100% correct -- :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Old Wideout

Unread post by Old Wideout » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 am

before they left the team Price and Fowler were your two fastest on offense along with Middleton on D!

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:25 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:Thanks Firemoose. I hope you get better soon!
I think the entire board shares in sixtoes sentiments. Get well, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:28 pm

he had a dream he had caught 3 passes for 145 and 2 TD's in the first half at Michigan
Baby, I would be thrilled to see that. That sounds like we would be having a very good half of football to kick off the FBS season. Sweet!

Did he say if Marcus Cox was approaching 100 yds in the first half too?

I love it that these guys are getting amped up to make a statement, even if it is in their dreams.

I guarantee you that would make the ESPN highlight reel.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Moose. Can we do anything for you.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Moose. Can we do anything for you.
Honestly Rek there's not much anyone can do at this point. But the thoughts and kind words are much appreciated. What I've been dealing with has been bad enough but it could be a lot worse. Only time will tell. I have my faith and I'll keep plugging away to bring everybody all I can on here. Doing what I do is a good distraction at least. But I truly appreciate you asking and everybody's support. :D

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

firemoose wrote:. Spent more than a week in a wheelchair two weeks ago.
Hemorrhoids, can do that :shock: , who knew? ;)

Hope you're feeling and doing better soon. :D

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:16 am

WVAPPeer wrote:We can't forget that the guys on the other side of the ball are a step above the guys we played against last year."

I agree with you on all of this ---
This is actually what scares me. Kam threw a couple nice long balls against GS last year that surprised me . Other than that it was those moon shots with enough air under them for every db on the field the get to. I like our options this year. We have more threats out of the backfield but we need that long threat to keep them from stacking it in on us. I will hold my water until Aug 30. Who knows what we will see!!

AppRy

Unread post by AppRy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:59 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
sixtoes9134 wrote:Thanks Firemoose. I hope you get better soon!
I think the entire board shares in sixtoes sentiments. Get well, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!
Just wanted to second this!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:10 am

Sumler and Cox were just on the Media Day show with DJ and Randy. Tacoi said he was very healthy now and ready to go, which is great to hear. He sounded loose and relaxed, joking with Cox about being on the Walker list. Coach Sirignano talked about the new program and I've heard several players say how he and the new S & C staff have been really focusing on injury healing/recovery and prevention in addition to the workouts. Several other players that were injured at the end of last season and during the summer have talked about how much better they are feeling now. Hopefully this new staff will help Tacoi, Law, and all the rest stay as healthy as possible and we can keep the injuries down to the bare minimum. They are going to happen but we all know the less we have and the faster players can return from the dings and other minor injuries that happen most every game, the better.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:50 am

I heard the whole show today. I've never been more pumped about App football.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:24 pm

firemoose wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:Moose. Can we do anything for you.
Honestly Rek there's not much anyone can do at this point. But the thoughts and kind words are much appreciated. What I've been dealing with has been bad enough but it could be a lot worse. Only time will tell. I have my faith and I'll keep plugging away to bring everybody all I can on here. Doing what I do is a good distraction at least. But I truly appreciate you asking and everybody's support. :D
Moose, the light you see at the end of the tunnel ISN'T the train you're using for your avatar. Keep truckin' guy. Better days are just down the track a ways.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:56 pm

sixtoes9134 wrote:I heard the whole show today. I've never been more pumped about App football.
Me too; I've got a good feeling about this team after listening to that.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:00 pm

I heard Satterfield in another interview say that many players were setting PRs in the weight room.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:43 pm

With all due respect setting PRs after a couple years of that crossfit routine isn't that hard. Sarcasm aside this is very good news.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Was Tyson Fernandez one of the PRs?

I would like nothing more than to see our 340lb NT bull rushing QBs this season.

Yea Baby!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”