Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Silence is Black and Gold

asutrnr81

Silence is Black and Gold

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 pm

I may be missing something but anyone "concerned" about the lack of official talk/information out of Boone?

These are the things I think are GTG:
Stable coaching staff that did not have any turnover in the core of the staff
Definite upgrade with strength and conditioning (based on what i hear from kids and their parents). Nothing I actually know.
Got to like the size increases of the OL
When looking at 2 deep....we are not starting many underclassmen.

Things I think are pieces I'd like to hear about from the staff.
Who is hurt, dinged?
Who is a surprise?
Are there any of our recruiting "wins" panning out as we start their first fall?
Heck I'd rather be lied to than to have NO intell coming out of Boone. Tell me what I want to hear, lie to me.

Generally, I think very little has been done to "influence" the fan base. I understand playing it close to the vest, but do you really think Michigan is listening.....I honestly think they have overlooked us much like last time. Does not mean a win....but they can't be taking us seriously.

We have to get behind this crowd and we need somebody as the cheerleader. I just think that someone in Charlie's departure needs to step up and get us stirred up. Heck Jim Fox has me more excited than anything I have heard come out of Boone since fall practice started. We need to fill the stands and raise some heck against Campbell to start with. It is going to take all of us....but it seems we are sitting on our hands waiting on "stuff" to hAPPen.

Come on YOSEF Club.....get me going.....

Go APP!
Go APPS!

DaphneUrquhart
School: Appalachian State

Re: Silence is Black and Gold

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:18 pm

I tend to believe the silence is indicative of several good things. I've seen more tweets about the closeness of the team and being all one unit than I've seen before. That goes for coaches, too. I'm thinking that the coaches are enough on the same page that there's better focus all 'round. The saying, "The one who rows the boat doesn't have time to rock it," comes to mind. Perhaps it's as simple as everybody rowing for a change.

I certainly understand there's a degree of showmanship to getting fans pumped up. Maybe when we see Chancellor Everts leading cheers we'll all switch from reactive mode to App! mode. In the meantime, I'll get us started ...

APP!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:23 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:I tend to believe the silence is indicative of several good things. I've seen more tweets about the closeness of the team and being all one unit than I've seen before. That goes for coaches, too. I'm thinking that the coaches are enough on the same page that there's better focus all 'round. The saying, "The one who rows the boat doesn't have time to rock it," comes to mind. Perhaps it's as simple as everybody rowing for a change.

I certainly understand there's a degree of showmanship to getting fans pumped up. Maybe when we see Chancellor Everts leading cheers we'll all switch from reactive mode to App! mode. In the meantime, I'll get us started ...

APP!
I drink the Koolaid!

STATE!
Go APPS!

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:41 pm

APP !!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:01 pm

...Speaking of BLACK and GOLD... :D
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Coaches typically don't like volunteering info about things like injuries and possible surprise players. Don't want to let opponents know any more than they have to. Probably a bit overcautious, but it's hardly unique to our staff.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:51 am

Do wonder about so few Freshmen and even Sophomores on the depth chart for Michigan.
Thought if our recruiting classes the last two years was so good we would see more of them, especially Freshmen.
Not sure it bodes well considering how long it took the football staff to change QBs last year
when the whole world was screaming that our starting QB had something wrong with them.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:24 am

GoApps70 wrote:Do wonder about so few Freshmen and even Sophomores on the depth chart for Michigan.
Thought if our recruiting classes the last two years was so good we would see more of them, especially Freshmen.
Not sure it bodes well considering how long it took the football staff to change QBs last year
when the whole world was screaming that our starting QB had something wrong with them.
I can understand that, but I actually see it just the other way around. I think/hope it means that our upperclassmen are developing well.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 am

GoApps70 wrote:Do wonder about so few Freshmen and even Sophomores on the depth chart for Michigan.
I counted 23 of the 52 positions (44%) on the two deep are from the 2013 and 2014 recruiting classes. That is a significant number.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 am

for the first time in many years, I have no idea how good, bad, or average this team is going to be. A combination of youth, with lack of experience, veterans who haven't live up to expectations, key players returning after missing most, or all of last year, new opponents we know nothing about, and a coaching staff who almost refuses to give us any pertinent information about the strength/weakness of the team, and most importantly their expectations for the year. Honestly, I think we could win 2 games, or we could win 7 games.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:59 am

"veterans who haven't live up to expectations"

was wondering who you had in mind in this category? ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 am

asutrnr81 wrote:I may be missing something but anyone "concerned" about the lack of official talk/information out of Boone?

Things I think are pieces I'd like to hear about from the staff.
Who is hurt, dinged?

Go APP!
81, I've never been in favor of releasing information on injuries. The opposition's scouting is made just that much easier.

Other than that, I'm curious about the things that you mentioned, also.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:26 am

WVAPPeer wrote:"veterans who haven't live up to expectations"

You don't like folks to call out individuals, yet bait them to do so.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:45 am

Saint3333 wrote:

You are 100% correct !!! - tell me why I shouldn't ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 am

moehler wrote:for the first time in many years, I have no idea how good, bad, or average this team is going to be. A combination of youth, with lack of experience, veterans who haven't live up to expectations, key players returning after missing most, or all of last year, new opponents we know nothing about, and a coaching staff who almost refuses to give us any pertinent information about the strength/weakness of the team, and most importantly their expectations for the year. Honestly, I think we could win 2 games, or we could win 7 games.
I have read articles on both the Rivals and 247 site where the coaches give insight on their respective units. It's not like the coaches have been avoiding discussing this year's team. I'm not sure I concur that there is all this silence.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:28 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Why shouldn't you bait people? From my perspective It makes you look like a hypocrite.

I don't like talking about politics with people, so I don't go around asking who they voted for.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:38 am

Saint3333 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Why shouldn't you bait people? From my perspective It makes you look like a hypocrite.

I don't like talking about politics with people, so I don't go around asking who they voted for.
Maybe you should look-up the definition of hypocrite - hold on, I'll do it for you ---
"a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements. "

I don't believe I jump around on my stances - It would seem to me that I would be a hypocrite if I didn't stick to what I have said previously ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Why would you entice someone to do the thing you hate most on this board? Your stance is the same yet your actions indicate you are looking for a fight/debate around the subject you claim to be against.

The poster didn't name an individual and made a blanket statement, let sleeping dogs lie.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:16 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Maybe you should look-up the definition of hypocrite - hold on, I'll do it for you ---
"a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements. "

I don't believe I jump around on my stances - It would seem to me that I would be a hypocrite if I didn't stick to what I have said previously ---
Hypocrite was the Greek word for actors, it means someone who speaks words that are not their own, or make statements they may my personally not believe. I would not say you are being hypocritical at all.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:03 pm

At times, logic seems to be in short supply on this message board. If I say I believe we shouldn't post negative comments about individual players on this board, and then I ask a member of this board to identify players whom he/she has criticized but not named, that is hypocritical.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”