Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Beer sales

AppGrad1

Re: Beer sales

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Maddog1956 wrote:Like it or not APPState has already made a commitment to profit (or break even) on this product by creating a Fermentation Sciences major. So it's somewhat hypocritical that then the university should be ashamed of it or try to hide from it. If it's a bad product we should stay 100% clear of it. But that's not the case. The university has accepted it as a product that's ok to be associated with. It's a product that just like drugs, guns, etc can be used in a good way or bad way. So to me if we feel it's ok to associate/teach it, we should embrace it, allow it to be sold at games and show that it can be used responsibly, instead of turning our heads and winking while we say "we don't allow drinking at our games" (yeah right).
1. ASU should not have a Fermentation Science major IMO.

2. Drugs are illegal and drinking at that age is too. Majority of students are under 21 so having a Fermentation Science class sends wrong signals.

3. Guns are legal to have as stated by the 2nd amendment.

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:23 am

If drugs are illegal, one would think drug stores would be put out of business.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:46 am

AppGrad1 wrote: 1. ASU should not have a Fermentation Science major IMO.

2. Drugs are illegal and drinking at that age is too. Majority of students are under 21 so having a Fermentation Science class sends wrong signals.

I'm pretty sure that Jesus was the worlds most famous vintner.
Give 'em hell!

asu1978

Unread post by asu1978 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 am

There's beer in Boone :o Next your gonna tell me you can't drink beer at 18....ah...wait a minute,I'm having another "70's flashback :shock:

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:49 am

AppinVA wrote:If drugs are illegal, one would think drug stores would be put out of business.

I'll allow Tylenol in the stadium. I think the police will too.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:53 am

BeauFoster wrote:

Pretty sure Jesus didn't sit around getting drunk.
"Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
1 Corinithans 6:10

(Mods, I didn't bring Christianity into this discussion but I will defend it when brought up by others and made fun of)

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:54 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

"Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

(Mods, I didn't bring Christianity into this discussion but I will defend it when brought up by others and made fun of)
And the purpose of the fermentation sciences program isn't to get drunk either. It's no different than Jesus turning water into wine.
Give 'em hell!

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:02 am

BeauFoster wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

And the purpose of the fermentation sciences program isn't to get drunk either. It's no different than Jesus turning water into wine.
I understand that. I still have my opinion about it and do not like it.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:04 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

It was a wedding so I'm sure people was feeling pretty good and having fun.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:07 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
Maddog1956 wrote:Like it or not APPState has already made a commitment to profit (or break even) on this product by creating a Fermentation Sciences major. So it's somewhat hypocritical that then the university should be ashamed of it or try to hide from it. If it's a bad product we should stay 100% clear of it. But that's not the case. The university has accepted it as a product that's ok to be associated with. It's a product that just like drugs, guns, etc can be used in a good way or bad way. So to me if we feel it's ok to associate/teach it, we should embrace it, allow it to be sold at games and show that it can be used responsibly, instead of turning our heads and winking while we say "we don't allow drinking at our games" (yeah right).

Beer is legal to have as stated by the 21st amendment.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:23 am

Maddog1956 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

Why do you have to be a certain age to drink it?
Why can't I drive around with a beer in my hand?
Why can't I have a gun while carrying beer around?
Why can't I drive while drunk?
Why can't I carry a beer out in open in the public?
Why does ASU not sell beer in the stadium like Pepsi then?
Responsibility.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:27 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
Maddog1956 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

Responsibility.
What exactly is your point? There are a multitude of gun laws out there also.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:39 am

Point of clarity for anyone who lumps all beer together with other "sins:"

The microbrew industry is a far cry from shotgunning Natty Lights till you puke. It is a fine craft that has more to do with chemistry, entrepreneurship, culture, and craftsmanship than it does with altering the mind of the drinker. I had the pleasure of trying my hand at microbrewing this summer with a friend whose been doing it for a few years now. We brewed a pale ale using local honey. The initial brewing process was a tedious six hours of sanitation, boiling, stiring, and straining. Two weeks later we spent another two hours bottling and capping. Two weeks after that I enjoyed a few of our product. It was tasty and full. I didn't kill anyone after and the world wasn't consumed with hell fire.

Nugget49
School: Charlotte

Unread post by Nugget49 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:00 am

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 am

I am just thankful for the 4 hours between a bunch of people tailgating and the ride down the mountain. Many of us don't stay overnight and have to hit the road with our fellow fans. I like to have a couple beers but there is plenty of time before the game. Then there is 4 hours to get straight.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

I didn't see anything making fun of Christianity. As long as the discussion is civil, everyone has the opportunity to make their point.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:14 am

97grad wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
Maddog1956 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

Responsibility.
What exactly is your point? There are a multitude of gun laws out there also.
Not sure, but it seems AppGrad1 is either being facetious or speaking rhetorically.
(Pardon me, AppGrad1 if I am wrong in my interpretation).
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 am

appst89 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

I didn't see anything making fun of Christianity. As long as the discussion is civil, everyone has the opportunity to make their point.
Just curious, did you notice the post at Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:46 am
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 am

NewApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Just curious, did you notice the post at Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:46 am
There was no post at 4:46 am on 8/27, but if you are talking about Beau Foster's post at 5:46 am then yes, I saw it and I cannot imagine how anyone could possibly interpret that as making fun of Christianity. And ifyou have any other questions, please PM me because I'm not letting this thread hijack go any further.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 am

My point is/was that we have enough tailgating that I don't feel the need for selling beer at games. This is only my opinion. There are obviously those who would like it sold and that is their opinion which is fine.
I've sat beside obnoxious people who were drunk and ones who were not drunk. It boils down to people being rude...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”