Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Beer sales

AppGrad1

Re: Beer sales

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:35 am

"While we're at it, let's require chastity belts for all game-goers. And stop all that devil music they play during the game. We should all take communion when we enter the gates for good measure."

If this is not Christianity being made "fun" of then what is it? Yes, it's civil (I guess) but it falls under the category of being made fun of for sure.
I did not bring religion into this discussion. It was brought up by the anti religious as a way to take a shot at Christians. Why else would someone say this if it wasn't a shot at Christians? :roll:
Last edited by AppGrad1 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:36 am

NewApp wrote:
Just curious, did you notice the post at Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:46 am
If you're referring to to my post, and I have no idea if you are because you aren't being clear, then no, I was not making fun of Christianity or religion. I was pointing out that Jesus himself participated in the fermentation sciences, and therefore there should be no religious reason to object. Religion was brought into the thread well before that, I was simply reminding everyone who was using it as justification that alcohol is bad that, in fact, Jesus partook. It cannot be a sin to simply partake if Jesus did it himself because the bible says Jesus never sinned.
Give 'em hell!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 am

AppGrad1 wrote:"While we're at it, let's require chastity belts for all game-goers. And stop all that devil music they play during the game. We should all take communion when we enter the gates for good measure."

If this is not Christianity being made "fun" of then what is it? Yes, it's civil (I guess) but it falls under the category of being made fun of for sure.
I did not bring religion into this discussion. It was brought up by the anti religious as a way to take a shot at Christians. Why else would someone say this if it wasn't a shot at Christians? :roll:
Didn't go back far enough to see that one. It could be interpreted that way.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 am

Debating ideas is one thing. Please keep the personal attacks out of it.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:46 am

bcoach wrote:I am just thankful for the 4 hours between a bunch of people tailgating and the ride down the mountain. Many of us don't stay overnight and have to hit the road with our fellow fans. I like to have a couple beers but there is plenty of time before the game. Then there is 4 hours to get straight.
So you think there is 4 hours between drinking. :lol:

What you're talking about is switching from beer to the hard stuff for 4 hours. Currently we teach kids to drink alright. ..binge drink.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:48 am

Crybaby nonsense aside, the micro brew kiosk idea is wonderful. It will generate a lot of profit, add to the already vibrant gameday culture of Appalachian State, and offer a great venue to show off our one-of-a-kind University microbrewery.

I really hope the idea catches on with decision makers.

Nugget49
School: Charlotte

Unread post by Nugget49 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:58 am

Gonzo wrote:Crybaby nonsense aside, the micro brew kiosk idea is wonderful. It will generate a lot of profit, add to the already vibrant gameday culture of Appalachian State, and offer a great venue to show off our one-of-a-kind University microbrewery.

Damn, if I had know you could actually major in Beer I might have gone to Appalachian. :lol:

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:00 am

Gonzo wrote:Crybaby nonsense aside, the micro brew kiosk idea is wonderful. It will generate a lot of profit, add to the already vibrant gameday culture of Appalachian State, and offer a great venue to show off our one-of-a-kind University microbrewery.

I don't drink (which according to some here, I shouldn't be trusted) but I don't object to others who do. I do object to those who become obnoxious and create havoc for others. As to beer sales, I could be convinced that it is workable but I do see some potential problems.

I do wonder what you mean by adding "to the already vibrant gameday culture..." Not a loaded query, just curious as to how you see it adding to the gameday culture.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”