Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App Mich on the ESPN front page

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: App Mich on the ESPN front page

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Bottom line is Chancellor Peacock is gone, Coach Moore is gone, AD Cobb is gone, and we are 8-13 into the Satterfield era with the CW on this board that it is Jerry Moore's fault and sadly Coach Moore's wife has now been dragged into the mix.
Last edited by NewApp on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:42 pm

This is just very, very sad.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:47 pm

appst89 wrote:
bcoach wrote:Never in my life have I seen a man who has not opened his mouth be so maligned. The man was fired. He has said nothing in god know how long. This board is what is keeping it alive. So many here do not really want a fresh start. People here just keep pokin the gator. Then when the gator bites all this crap starts again. As long as this crap keeps up the division will remain. All involved are gone so why not say everybody won and get back to football. Let's decide to all start acting like adults and drop this controversy because if you take either side you are hurting the place you claim to love so much. Whether you intend to or not that is what we are doing. Just drop the damn thing!
Except it seems clear that it isn't going away. This board didn't do anything to make Corey Lynch open the wound in public. Methinks you are blaming the wrong people.
Corey isn't on this board. We don't have to acknowledge him here. We can blame him for whatever we want but not for what happens here. We are the ones who keep it alive here.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:51 pm

bcoach wrote:
appst89 wrote:
bcoach wrote:Never in my life have I seen a man who has not opened his mouth be so maligned. The man was fired. He has said nothing in god know how long. This board is what is keeping it alive. So many here do not really want a fresh start. People here just keep pokin the gator. Then when the gator bites all this crap starts again. As long as this crap keeps up the division will remain. All involved are gone so why not say everybody won and get back to football. Let's decide to all start acting like adults and drop this controversy because if you take either side you are hurting the place you claim to love so much. Whether you intend to or not that is what we are doing. Just drop the damn thing!
Except it seems clear that it isn't going away. This board didn't do anything to make Corey Lynch open the wound in public. Methinks you are blaming the wrong people.
Corey isn't on this board. We don't have to acknowledge him here. We can blame him for whatever we want but not for what happens here. We are the ones who keep it alive here.
RP and spot on as usual, bc.
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:22 pm

bcoach wrote:
appst89 wrote:
That topic had pretty much died down here. The only reason it came up again is because of what Lynch said in a much more widely read forum than this board. But this is a message board and something like that is going to be a hot topic of discussion. It's unreasonable to assume otherwise.

I wish it would go away too. All of this is bad for App and we don't need bad things distracting during the most important transistion period in the school's athletic history. I am hopeful that the people who can are trying to do something to facilitate an agreement with the one person who can put a stop to all of this.

The Annoying Peasant

Unread post by The Annoying Peasant » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:55 pm

bcoach wrote:This is just very, very sad.
I agree. It is extremely sad Cory used the occasion of the greatest moment in ASU athletic history to reopen wounds and further divide the Appalachian fan base. While the issue has for the most part been out of the public spotlight it has not gone away in Boone. There are some still waging war against ASU. My intent was to remind people of the facts as we know them. Other than saying he didn't remember any conversations, Coach Moore has never provided one shred of evidence to support his version of the story. Not an email, note or letter to the chancellor or Cobb to substantiate his position. Nothing. In a court of law this would be decided in matter of minutes.

ASU does not need this right now. Along with all the tension created by Cobb in the athletics department there is enough discord among our fans over the whole FBS/FCS decision, should Scott have been named HC, is Kam the best QB or can Nate Woody coach defense to fill an ocean. Nobody on this board reopened those wounds, but predictably they did respond to what was said. Can't blame a good Mountaineer for defending his school.

ASU needs to do whatever is necessary to make this go away. With all the parties involved out of the picture there is an opportunity for some healing. However, the hatchet must be buried by all parties. Have a Jerry & Margaret Moore Day, put a bust in the in the ticket plaza and name it for him. I don't care. Just do whatever it takes.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:35 pm

The Annoying Peasant wrote:
bcoach wrote:This is just very, very sad.
I agree. It is extremely sad Cory used the occasion of the greatest moment in ASU athletic history to reopen wounds and further divide the Appalachian fan base. While the issue has for the most part been out of the public spotlight it has not gone away in Boone. There are some still waging war against ASU. My intent was to remind people of the facts as we know them. Other than saying he didn't remember any conversations, Coach Moore has never provided one shred of evidence to support his version of the story. Not an email, note or letter to the chancellor or Cobb to substantiate his position. Nothing. In a court of law this would be decided in matter of minutes.

ASU does not need this right now. Along with all the tension created by Cobb in the athletics department there is enough discord among our fans over the whole FBS/FCS decision, should Scott have been named HC, is Kam the best QB or can Nate Woody coach defense to fill an ocean. Nobody on this board reopened those wounds, but predictably they did respond to what was said. Can't blame a good Mountaineer for defending his school.

ASU needs to do whatever is necessary to make this go away. With all the parties involved out of the picture there is an opportunity for some healing. However, the hatchet must be buried by all parties. Have a Jerry & Margaret Moore Day, put a bust in the in the ticket plaza and name it for him. I don't care. Just do whatever it takes.

Did you not just run over Margaret with the bus? Why should they give a sh!t?

sonsofyosef

Unread post by sonsofyosef » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Annoying, all you did is provide an already released email from Cobb to Peacock in which Cobb seems to put words in Jerry Moore's mouth. I asked for a shred of physical evidence (email, scanned memo) in which Jerry says or writes "Yeah Ken, yeah Charlie, this is going to be my last season, yada, yada".
No hearsay, just evidence.

WHEN the termination happened (the day after a tough playoff loss), HOW it happened (Cobb asking Coach Moore to meet him on Sunday morning), and the explanation WHY (no one but the three guys knew it was going to happen, because Coach didn't want anyone to know it was his farewell season, etc.) didn't ring true then and still do not now.

The two fellows no longer working for App ALWAYS intended to suddenly terminate Coach Moore on the day after the team was eliminated from the playoffs (or won another national title)...SERIOUSLY?

Again, an episode of Mountaineer Talk with DJ and Brownie, with Coach Moore telling his side of the story could be quite cathartic for the fanbase.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:46 pm

No day or statue will satisfy the cult. The only way to atone is for a sacrifice.

Human. :twisted:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:49 pm

I just appreciate the correct use of the twisted evil emoticon at the end of your post.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 pm

sonsofyosef wrote:Annoying, all you did is provide an already released email from Cobb to Peacock in which Cobb seems to put words in Jerry Moore's mouth. I asked for a shred of physical evidence (email, scanned memo) in which Jerry says or writes "Yeah Ken, yeah Charlie, this is going to be my last season, yada, yada".

WHEN the termination happened (the day after a tough playoff loss), HOW it happened (Cobb asking Coach Moore to meet him on Sunday morning), and the explanation WHY (no one but the three guys knew it was going to happen, because Coach didn't want anyone to know it was his farewell season, etc.) didn't ring true then and still do not now.

The two fellows no longer working for App ALWAYS intended to suddenly terminate Coach Moore on the day after the team was eliminated from the playoffs (or won another national title)...SERIOUSLY?

Again, an episode of Mountaineer Talk with DJ and Brownie, with Coach Moore telling his side of the story could be quite cathartic for the fanbase.
This is funny.

The emails are the only bit of evidence on paper. The email not posted talks about how Margaret and others concerned with Jerry's well being. This was after the 2011 season where Jerry later admitted he lost control. There has been no shred of pro-Moore evidence besides what has been said by Jerry.

Its not like Cobb, Peacock and Jerry were the only people that knew. Beasley and a few others knew.

Regarding the assertion that Cobb lied. Jerry would do anything for his players. ANYTHING. He walked JLJ out for his senior day because he asked. He has been to App events because his players wanted him there. It's plausible that Jerry didn't want to take the attention away from the players in his mind.

Also, Jerry did say that after the Furman win and winning the SoCon title, the embrace he had with Cobb convinced him that he could have one more year. That contradicts his "I don't recall that agreement statement". A fact his followers don't recall themselves.

Jerry left Boone that Sunday afternoon to go to New York for a ceremony honoring. Gabe Rivera, a player of his at Texas Tech. If it didn't happen on Sunday, it wouldn't have happened for a couple more days. And the agreement was always for IMMEDIATELY after the season. When Jerry reneged on the deal, Cobb stood his ground. It wasn't done as perfectly as possible, but it was done.

As for the idea of Mountaineer Talk with Jerry explaining his side, that's a terrible idea. The show is for Satt and one of his players to talk about the current and future. That would harden the Cult of Moore even more and be a slap in the face of Satt.

While I don't support Jerry on this issue and how he's conducted himself, I respect him as a coach and person. His public identity as an adult was as a college football coach. Once that was looking to be gone, that was a bitter pill to swallow for him. I hope he has his day, gets his statue and makes amends. That should be a high priority for Dr Everts, Beasley and the future AD. All this has to end.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:53 pm

I believe we all appreciate what Jerry Moore did at Appalachian and I'm sure. Jerry appreciates all that Appalachian did for him in giving him a second chance when he was just about completely out of college football. I believe we all agree Jerry's termination/non contract renewal could have been handled better. There are too many speculative sides to know everything and enough vitriol has been expressed to make the Hatfields and McCoys proud. I am an alumnus and a fan and what has been done is history. We can't change it and the people involved are gone. They leave us behind to clean the mess up. The coaches and players ( and new coaches) deserve our respect and support. They didn't make this mess and are playing to win and they need us. We are in the beginning of a new journey. I've expressed my opinions in past but that is done. I hope each of you can do the same.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 pm

sonsofyosef wrote:Annoying, all you did is provide an already released email from Cobb to Peacock in which Cobb seems to put words in Jerry Moore's mouth. I asked for a shred of physical evidence (email, scanned memo) in which Jerry says or writes "Yeah Ken, yeah Charlie, this is going to be my last season, yada, yada".

So Cobb saying Coach and I discussed his retirement and agreed that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season is not physical evidence? You think he made it all up in an email months before the season started so he could put his evil plan into action?

Maybe this will work for you; a coach told me that Jerry told him prior to the 2012 season that he was going to retire at the end of the year. This coach said this before the season was over. Jerry knew the deal but tried to back out when reality set in. Of course I know those in the fan club wont believe it since Jerry said he was blindsided.

I just want Coach Moore to come out and publicly support Satterfield and the current team. With Cobb gone there is no reason for Jerry to hold a grudge.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:50 pm

Amazing an email under the FOIA isn't enough proof for people.

The Annoying Peasant

Unread post by The Annoying Peasant » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:07 pm

More evidence the the evil Cobb was out to destroy Coach Moore.

Letter from ASU athletic director Charlie Cobb to head coach Jerry Moore, dated Dec. 20, 2011. Portions of the letter have been redacted by ASU.

Coach,

I write this letter with the utmost respect and admiration for you as a man and mentor. I appreciate everything that Margaret and you have done for Lindsay, my kids, and me since I was named AD in May 2005. Harrison still talks about coach giving him his first Appalachian t-shirt at Hilton Head.

Through the years and especially recently since “sitting in this chair” I’ve learned that men sometimes have a difficult time expressing their true feelings when they sit and talk. Last night, as I lay awake trying to figure out the right things, I remembered that you gave me a book the day before our 2005 game against Coastal Carolina. So, I opened it again to read the passage that you wrote thanking me for the energy being created for the first game. Your words were as true last night as they were that first weekend.

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve thought a lot about the football program, but, most importantly, you and Margaret. What we’ve accomplished the past seven years is remarkable when anyone thinks back to the circumstances of 2005. Coach, I am genuinely concerned for you and for Margaret. I see our strengths – the tradition, our reputation, facilities, and scholarship funding – and realize most of this has been accomplished in the recent cycle. However, I also see our weaknesses – the lack of chemistry on your staff, the potential for 6-7 new coaches due to attrition, a new strength coach for the off-season workouts, and the lingering mood surrounding the program from as you describe “ a tough season.” I also don’t see a program that is in disarray because we have good kids and good players, but one that needs new voices. I have no doubts that you will work longer and harder to make it work, but you are only one man of 12-13 others responsible for the direction. What I see for the next year is a man that I revere paddling as hard as he can so as to not drown versus being able to stand and admire all that he has built.

Right now, we have a chance to build the appropriate legacy for you with this program. Without a doubt, you have raised the expectation bar, but I firmly believe that where we are right now goes way beyond wins and losses. At most places, an 8-win season is celebrated, but you acknowledged to many throughout the season that this was your toughest year in coaching. Short of being able to guarantee a championship season, I’m not sure people, especially the ones that matter – will be satisfied. And, honestly, even if we were to win a fourth title, does that make it all good in the end if you have to exhaust yourself physically and mentally to accomplish it? I think back to Margaret’s reaction after the Maine game and am worried that the risk to everything you’ve accomplished is not worth trying to win a few more ball games. As I told you on Sunday, I do not want you to become (REDACTED) or Appalachian to become (REDACTED) by you and me trying to make this partnership work too long.

Everybody that loves and respects you is trying to protect you and your legacy. No one wants to see you (REDACTED). We care too much. Regardless of your willpower and mental toughness, the reality of next season is a year without (REDACTED), new coaches whose commitment to you and the program is unknown, a new strength coach leading the off-season program, and the “is this Coach’s last year” prevalent before and during the season. And, unlike 2005 when I arrived, there is no clear cohesion among your staff about direction and I’m not sure that the proper trust can be created by a group of new coaches in a short period of time. I also think trying to put that staff together is going to be tough given our circumstances. My guess is about right now, you’re getting charged up and ready to fight the fight. That’s not my intention in writing this. My intention is to clearly point out to you the great challenges that lie in front of us in trying to make another season work. Being rational, I do not think the 20-hour days or sleeping in your office is in your best interest. I write all this to tell you “it’s time.” I also know that everybody who knows your family and our current situation feels the same way. Why?

1. This protects you and your legacy at Appalachian. As (REDACTED) told you, this is the very best possible exit strategy because you go out “a winner.”

2. The timing allows for the proper transition of the program. I am fairly confident that the new coach will keep some of the remaining staff, so these guys can be taken care of as well. We can execute a search quickly after Christmas, so any lost momentum in the recruiting cycle will be minimal.

3. Emotionally, it allows you and Margaret the ability to go do many new and exciting things without the strain of another season. I’ve witnessed this transition with (REDACTED)

4. And finally, financially, this is the best deal for you and Margaret.

i. The job title is “Special Assistant to the Athletics Director.” In essence, you would be a friendraiser and fundraiser for football program. Our ambassador. You can be around the program and kids daily. You will have an office near Rick and me to use as necessary.

ii. Technically, we would set the job up to be an independent contractor relationship paid by Yosef Club. This allows you to earn income from speeches, presentations, etc. without undue restraint by the University. You would have to establish your own health coverage, but we can work with the guys at Blue Cross to put something together.

iii. This would be a three-year commitment (January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2014) at $100,000 per year. You also would be eligible to start drawing your retirement, which is an additional (REDACTED) per month. Additionally, your monthly social security is added too. Plus, by retiring, you can immediately receive payment for your accrued vacation time, which is currently (REDACTED) before taxes. So, financially, you are making as much or more as you currently do.

Coach, I understand what I’m asking. I ask you to share this with Margaret and think about
this over the next couple of days. With everything going on, if I didn’t think this was in your
best interest, I would not come to you with this. I trust you and Margaret understand that.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading and thinking about this.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 pm

JTApps1 wrote:

So Cobb saying Coach and I discussed his retirement and agreed that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season is not physical evidence? You think he made it all up in an email months before the season started so he could put his evil plan into action?

Maybe this will work for you; a coach told me that Jerry told him prior to the 2012 season that he was going to retire at the end of the year. This coach said this before the season was over. Jerry knew the deal but tried to back out when reality set in. Of course I know those in the fan club wont believe it since Jerry said he was blindsided.

I just want Coach Moore to come out and publicly support Satterfield and the current team. With Cobb gone there is no reason for Jerry to hold a grudge.
I think you hit the nail on the head here:

Jerry knew the deal but tried to back out when reality set in.

The Annoying Peasant

Unread post by The Annoying Peasant » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Saint3333 wrote:Amazing an email under the FOIA isn't enough proof for people.
Cobb & Peacock could serve time for falsifying this type of information. Anyone thinking this stuff was fabricated is nuts.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:51 pm

bcoach wrote:
appst89 wrote:
Wouldn't matter whether the MMB kept it alive or not...this is being discussed by many App fans who don't even know this message board exists...as well, it should. You don't ignore a problem. You deal with it. Give the cult its day in the sun; re-name Howard's Knob, I don't care. I'll be there, and I'll be applauding JM. This needs to be stopped before it festers and reeks even more than it does now. Corey crapped the bed, but I still love the bed and I'd like to see it cleaned up.

I have a daughter up there; that makes it especially important to me.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Question-outside of this board is this reallly a problem? I would bet you most fans of App football are not even aware of the Corey comments and Moore is a distant memory.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:57 pm

appbio91 wrote:Question-outside of this board is this reallly a problem? I would bet you most fans of App football are not even aware of the Corey comments and Moore is a distant memory.
Agreed, as are Cobb and Peacock. Heck, I wouldn't have known about Lynch's comments nor cared very much if I hadn't read it on this MMB.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”