Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App Mich on the ESPN front page

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: App Mich on the ESPN front page

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:45 pm

sonsofyosef wrote:Annoying, all you did is provide an already released email from Cobb to Peacock in which Cobb seems to put words in Jerry Moore's mouth. I asked for a shred of physical evidence (email, scanned memo) in which Jerry says or writes "Yeah Ken, yeah Charlie, this is going to be my last season, yada, yada".
No hearsay, just evidence.

WHEN the termination happened (the day after a tough playoff loss), HOW it happened (Cobb asking Coach Moore to meet him on Sunday morning), and the explanation WHY (no one but the three guys knew it was going to happen, because Coach didn't want anyone to know it was his farewell season, etc.) didn't ring true then and still do not now.

The two fellows no longer working for App ALWAYS intended to suddenly terminate Coach Moore on the day after the team was eliminated from the playoffs (or won another national title)...SERIOUSLY?

Again, an episode of Mountaineer Talk with DJ and Brownie, with Coach Moore telling his side of the story could be quite cathartic for the fanbase.
I don't see Coach Moore getting into what would amount to a pissing contest at this stage of the game. After all, the other two "players" are gone (Cobb and Peacock). Hopefully Coach has adjusted to a well deserved retirement by now and doesn't need to reopen old wounds.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

sonsofyosef

Unread post by sonsofyosef » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:55 am

Not a contest, my fellow Mountaineer, but simply a solo "pressure wash" where Coach Moore can clear the air of what he sees as the mis-information put there by the two former App employees...

My point is this: for even those who think that Coach Moore is in the wrong, with Cobb and Peacock gone, wouldn't it be better to let him have his say in a public forum and emerge as the victor/last man standing, than to continue to insist that he got what he deserved because he lied to/tricked the departed fellows? Doing the latter will continue to alienate a good portion of the fanbase, especially if the team continues to struggle in FBS.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:06 am

sonsofyosef wrote:My point is this: for even those who think that Coach Moore is in the wrong, with Cobb and Peacock gone, wouldn't it be better to let him have his say in a public forum and emerge as the victor/last man standing, than to continue to insist that he got what he deserved because he lied to/tricked the departed fellows? Doing the latter will continue to alienate a good portion of the fanbase, especially if the team continues to struggle in FBS.

What good could that possibly do?

I think every effort should be made to properly honor Coach Moore for all of his accomplishments, but we should not, under any circumstance, allow him to suggest that the truth isn't the truth, which is what you seem to be advocating here.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:07 am

Continues to struggle at the FBS level? Geez that is a tough assessment. How about we wait until we cycle through a full four years of FBS recruiting before throwing in the towel?

This is going to be a tough year, everyone knew it going in, be patient.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:34 am

NewApp wrote:
appbio91 wrote:Question-outside of this board is this reallly a problem? I would bet you most fans of App football are not even aware of the Corey comments and Moore is a distant memory.
Agreed, as are Cobb and Peacock. Heck, I wouldn't have known about Lynch's comments nor cared very much if I hadn't read it on this MMB.
Yeah, I mean the story was only picked up by ESPN.com...I mean, really...who reads that stuff anyway?

It really doesn't matter how many of our fans know about it or are talking about it. Lynch's comments reflect a problem that needs attention. He ripped the scab off of a wound that needs to be healed, and the only way to do that is to give the cult its day in the sun. It's going to happen; I just hope it is sooner rather than later.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

The Annoying Peasant

Unread post by The Annoying Peasant » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 am

Appsolutely wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appbio91 wrote:Question-outside of this board is this reallly a problem? I would bet you most fans of App football are not even aware of the Corey comments and Moore is a distant memory.
Agreed, as are Cobb and Peacock. Heck, I wouldn't have known about Lynch's comments nor cared very much if I hadn't read it on this MMB.
Yeah, I mean the story was only picked up by ESPN.com...I mean, really...who reads that stuff anyway?

It really doesn't matter how many of our fans know about it or are talking about it. Lynch's comments reflect a problem that needs attention. He ripped the scab off of a wound that needs to be healed, and the only way to do that is to give the cult its day in the sun. It's going to happen; I just hope it is sooner rather than later.
I foresee a day of great joy and rejoicing for the cult in October.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:52 am

The Annoying Peasant wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
NewApp wrote:

I foresee a day of great joy and rejoicing for the cult in October.
Yep.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:54 am

Third'ed

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:54 am

Sounds good to me. Homecoming seems appropriate, playing Liberty no less.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Week before. But remember, "rumors".

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 pm

sonsofyosef wrote:Not a contest, my fellow Mountaineer, but simply a solo "pressure wash" where Coach Moore can clear the air of what he sees as the mis-information put there by the two former App employees...

My point is this: for even those who think that Coach Moore is in the wrong, with Cobb and Peacock gone, wouldn't it be better to let him have his say in a public forum and emerge as the victor/last man standing, than to continue to insist that he got what he deserved because he lied to/tricked the departed fellows? Doing the latter will continue to alienate a good portion of the fanbase, especially if the team continues to struggle in FBS.
Define "good portion." You anti-progress folks are a lot less common than you think, just VERY outspoken.

And 0-1 when our only game thus far was a B1G opponent is "struggling in the FBS?" :roll:

Is that you Corey Lynch?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Cult!! What a silly name for those of us who appreciate what Coach Moore did for Appalachian State University during his two decades plus of work despite his foibles and missteps. If it's a cult, then I'm proud to be in it.

So what do we label those who are still enamored by Charlie Cobb who skipped out on us first chance he got?
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 pm

NewApp wrote:Cult!! What a silly name for those of us who appreciate what Coach Moore did for Appalachian State University during his two decades plus of work despite his foibles and missteps. If it's a cult, then I'm proud to be in it.

So what do we label those who are still enamored by Charlie Cobb who skipped out on us first chance he got?
:roll:

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Just because people agree with it being time for Jerry doesn't mean they're automatically pro-Cobb. In fact there's a number of people who agree with the Jerry decision and didn't like Cobb that much. Anyone who looks down on Jerry's entire tenure because of how it ended is misguided. Both did great things for App State and it arguably was time for both to move on.

From what I've seen from the people defending Jerry in person, including shouting in the stadium last fall and creating scenes, yes it is cultish behavior. It's not cultish to think he was done wrong. It's cultish to go beyond that and dispute facts and lash out at others who disagree.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Appreciating what Moore was able to accomplish during his tenure at App does not gain you admittance to The Cult.

I appreciate what Coach Moore did for us, but I stop well short of putting his legacy above what is good for the University and for the program that gave his dead career (I believe he was selling cars at the time) a chance.

You wish Lynch hadn't blocked that field goal because you think it ultimately lead to Moore's dismissal? You think it made our program "too big for its britches"? You happy about the way Moore conducted himself when he was forced to own up to what he knew had already been decided the previous year? Not sure if you will ever come back to Boone because App is the "school that fired Jerry Moore"?

If so, lift your cup and drink the Kool-Aid. And welcome to The Cult.
Last edited by Appsolutely on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm

appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:Cult!! What a silly name for those of us who appreciate what Coach Moore did for Appalachian State University during his two decades plus of work despite his foibles and missteps. If it's a cult, then I'm proud to be in it.

:roll:
FWIW, I have NEVER disagreed with the fact it was time for Jerry to step down.
Google SUX

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Corey Lynch's statement is the cause of this STUPID thread.
For that, he should PUBLICLY apologize, because he caused it publicly.

Honestly, I have nothing good to say until Coach Moore and Cory Lynch apologize for what they have done in recent history to hurt APP STATE. I believe they have been selfish and not Christian like.

I had the same problem with Joe Pa :roll:
Been there......seen that :roll:

Good bye and on to the next game.............GO APP, Kick some Campbell ASS

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:53 pm

If you were at App when Rochel Laney was the AD then yes you just might be pro Cobb!

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:08 pm

I personally prefer Loyalist instead of cult. Although Appsolutely makes a good case for calling it a cult, because lets face it some people here think Jerry can do no wrong.

Also, I like how none of the members of the Loyalist Cult addressed my statement concerning a coach saying Jerry told him he was retiring before the 2012 season started. I guess they like to ignore information that doesn't fit their narrative.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:32 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:Corey Lynch's statement is the cause of this STUPID thread.
For that, he should PUBLICLY apologize, because he caused it publicly.

Honestly, I have nothing good to say until Coach Moore and Cory Lynch apologize for what they have done in recent history to hurt APP STATE. I believe they have been selfish and not Christian like.

I had the same problem with Joe Pa :roll:
Been there......seen that :roll:

Good bye and on to the next game.............GO APP, Kick some Campbell ASS
What has Moore done to exacerbate the situation since the first couple weeks after his "dismissal?" Just curious.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”