Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App Mich on the ESPN front page

ASUMountaineer
School: Appalachian State

Re: App Mich on the ESPN front page

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:58 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
TheMoody1 wrote:Looks like Corey drank the KoolAid. :shock:
Come on Man --- Corey surely had a special relationship with Coach Moore - he spent 5 very formidable years of his life under Coach Moore's guidance. He earned the right to give his opinion!!!
I agree that he has a right to his opinion, and even to get it. I am disappointed in his timing, and that he should know that no one man is bigger than the school/program. Other than that, I'm still a Corey Lynch fan and appreciative of what he has given App State. Hopefully, with all of the recent changes, the interested parties can get over their personal issues and make the fanbase whole.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:06 pm

hapapp wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:T-Dog
"Add on Jerry's grandfather figure persona and you have former players who would follow Jerry to Al Qaida if he went there."

That is the most dumbass statement I have read on this board - These are the people who murdered thousands of our people - THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH A STUPID, INSENSITIVE, ASSININE STATEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Settle down. His point was that he was very devoted to Coach Moore and would likely do almost anything for him. I understand his loyalty but it was something that didn't need to be said at this point and time. He certainly has a right to his opinion, no one disputes that, but he essentially has dissed the rest of us including current coaches and players.
Dude calm it down a notch!They have medicine for this you know.It was just a statement.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:09 pm

hapapp wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:T-Dog
"Add on Jerry's grandfather figure persona and you have former players who would follow Jerry to Al Qaida if he went there."

That is the most dumbass statement I have read on this board - These are the people who murdered thousands of our people - THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH A STUPID, INSENSITIVE, ASSININE STATEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Settle down. His point was that he was very devoted to Coach Moore and would likely do almost anything for him. I understand his loyalty but it was something that didn't need to be said at this point and time. He certainly has a right to his opinion, no one disputes that, but he essentially has dissed the rest of us including current coaches and players.
Settle Down??? - I'm not defending Corey Lynch or Coach Moore or anyone else, I'm calling out a terrible, ignorant statement --- Loyalty can be expressed in many forms without bringing in people who murdered thousands of innocent people - SORRY, HapApp, you and I agree on most things but this statement is INEXCUSABLE !!!!!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:10 pm

WV he was making a point that players will blindly follow their old coach and as you said, T has earned his right to give his opinion on this board. Al-Qaida was used as an extreme to prove his point, don't take it to literally.

Lynch was a hell of a player and student. However, it sounds like he's forgotten what program gave him a chance to succeed in and out of the classroom and helped to fulfill his dream of playing on Sunday. No coach, player or staff member is bigger than the block A. The whole Moore situation left a bad taste in the majority of our fan bases' mouths but you don't take it out on the program by airing this type of laundry and basically stating you no longer support Appalachian because you're embarrassed and probably won't be coming back. If he wants to be embarrassed, turn on the 2005 semi-final game when Mr. Felton paid him a visit.

The funny thing is, a lot of us are embarrassed by his comments but we'd still show our love if he ever came back to be recognized. I took him to be the forgiving type! Come on Lynch, you're better than this petty B$!
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:10 pm

I didn't see this quote initially...

LYNCH: The worst thing that came about it? You know I kinda wish I could go back in time and not block that field goal, um ..

BRYCE: Wha …..

LYNCH: and just let them score. I think that that field goal led to coach Moore’s firing. You know Appalachian State just got a little too big for their britches and, uh, ended up deleting the orchestrator of it all in Coach Moore, and he’s not coaching right now.

http://www.unpackinit.com/mediaplayer?post_id=6346

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Lost his mind, imo.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Stay the hell out of Boone, Corey.
Give 'em hell!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:35 pm

I believe Coach Moore could put a stop to this sort of thing.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:36 pm

YesAppCan wrote:I believe Coach Moore could put a stop to this sort of thing.
Put your last two posts together and you'll see the problem.
Give 'em hell!

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:38 pm

hapapp wrote:I didn't see this quote initially...

LYNCH: The worst thing that came about it? You know I kinda wish I could go back in time and not block that field goal, um ..

LYNCH: and just let them score. I think that that field goal led to coach Moore’s firing. You know Appalachian State just got a little too big for their britches and, uh, ended up deleting the orchestrator of it all in Coach Moore, and he’s not coaching right now.

Wow. Just wow. He is the real embarrassment.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Only at App State do we vilify our heroes for expressing an opinion. He's entitled to his opinion. Keep it classy, App State.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:45 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:Only at App State do we vilify our heroes for expressing an opinion. He's entitled to his opinion. Keep it classy, App State.
This post is the definition of irony.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:46 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:Only at App State do we vilify our heroes for expressing an opinion. He's entitled to his opinion. Keep it classy, App State.
I believe we should ask Mr. Lynch to keep it "classy".

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Too bad Corey didn't take your advice. There were many heroes that day in Ann Arbor. Corey's comments and opinion are his right, but he bashed a LOT of folks and a fine school and used a platform for a personal agenda... Wrong!... That's MY opinion.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:01 pm

I had the best post ever in the history of the internets and it did not go through. Let me paraphrase.

I wonder how much religion plays into this. Moore has expressed his beliefs a time or two. We all know the family Lynch married in to. I don't mean this in a negative way, but I wonder if this made for a much stronger connection between the two or a bit more loyalty to Moore than what might have been normally established by a coach and player.

Even if Lynch wants to distant himself from App athletics, the University did help him become successful post college. He made good money in the NFL and held on long enough to get a pension as well. He may not owe the University anything, but he should at least be proud of his degree and be willing to support the department and college that housed his major even as he feels a need to distance himself from athletics.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Corey should think of what might have happened if he didn't block the FG. Instead of Coach Moore still coaching, things could have played out as to where he was let go a few years earlier w/o the momentum of the Michigan win...

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:05 pm

hapapp wrote:I didn't see this quote initially...

That's even worse. Wishing your football team would LOSE just so your coach can keep his job.

Maybe one day Corey can be inducted into the App HOF with his great grandkids there. That's how long it'll take at this rate.

The Annoying Peasant

Unread post by The Annoying Peasant » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Very disappointed in Corey. He obviously had a special relationship with Coach Moore, but unless he was in the room he doesn't know any more what the truth is than anyone else does. What bothers me the most is his comment was said as a statement of fact, not as an opinion. He will believe anything Coach Moore tells him. There is no way he will doubt the man with such a strong Christian walk. That is the conundrum which has splintered the Appalachian fan base. Coach Moore could put an end to it but it is quite clear he has no plans to do so.

No question it was handled poorly by Cobb, but Coach Moore shoulders much of the blame by continually stirring the pot. He never lets an opportunity to get in a dig slip by and continues to play the victim. I believe Coach Moore knew exactly what he was facing at the end of the season. He showed Charlie Cobb to be the fool he is. Using the excuse he didn't want to take away from the season for not making the decision public he played Cobb like a cheap fiddle. In all honesty it was a brilliant plan. His only miscalculation was Cobb and Peacock sticking to their guns.

Sadly Coach Moore is doing much harm to the program he helped to build.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:11 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:I had the best post ever in the history of the internets and it did not go through. Let me paraphrase.

I wonder how much religion plays into this. Moore has expressed his beliefs a time or two. We all know the family Lynch married in to. I don't mean this in a negative way, but I wonder if this made for a much stronger connection between the two or a bit more loyalty to Moore than what might have been normally established by a coach and player.

Even if Lynch wants to distant himself from App athletics, the University did help him become successful post college. He made good money in the NFL and held on long enough to get a pension as well. He may not owe the University anything, but he should at least be proud of his degree and be willing to support the department and college that housed his major even as he feels a need to distance himself from athletics.
I don't think religion had anything to do with it, every player I've talked to that played under Moore felt the same way. I'm sure there are some that don't, but I've never heard it.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:15 pm

I would love for Corey to call Coach Moore and ask if Coach would take back that blocked field goal.

My guess is that would be a short conversation.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”