Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Gameday Chat?

Boone Goon
School: Appalachian State

Re: Gameday Chat?

Unread post by Boone Goon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:18 pm

5th year!

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Boone Goon wrote:5th year!
Unreal. I'm not sure why FBS teams keeps scheduling them. :lol:

DaytoninMI
School: Michigan

Unread post by DaytoninMI » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Michigan fan here, hope i'm not over stepping any bounds by posting.

Watching from the other teams perspective I thought maybe I could give a little perspective. The app state Dline looked very good today and got decent pressure against the 1st string oline. I could see them doing some good things this year in conference play. Your running backs did very well even in the first half against a more aggressive defense.

The issues came on obvious passing downs. A mixture between WR dropping the ball and QB with happy feet. The QB though can't take all the blame, UofM did a lot of blitzing and played lots of press coverage. Your second string QB did look good but like others have mentioned he was playing in mop up duty, at least on Michigans point of view. The majority of second stringers were in and the corners backed off coverage. That is not to say he isn't better than your starter that isn't my opinion to have.

I hope ASU does well this season as i'll be rooting for you.

Derek
Last edited by DaytoninMI on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Reminds me of va tech a few TRs back. Totally embarassed by the performance and the preparation. As with that hot Saturday, we got our azzes kicked and seemed to like it!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:36 pm

DaytoninMI wrote:Michigan fan here, hope i'm not over stepping any bounds by posting.

Watching from the other teams perspective I thought maybe I could give a little perspective. The app state Dline looked very good today and got decent pressure against the 1st string oline. I could see them doing some good things this year in conference play. Your running backs did very well even in the first half against a more aggressive defense.

The issues came on obvious passing downs. A mixture between WR dropping the ball and QB with happy feet. The QB thought can't take all the blame, UofM did a lot of blitzing and played lots of press coverage. Your second string QB did look good but like others have mentioned he was playing in mop up duty, at least on Michigans point of view. The majority of second stringers were in and the corners backed off coverage. That is not to say he isn't better than your starter that isn't my opinion to have.

I hope ASU does well this season as i'll be rooting for you.

Derek
Good analysis!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”