Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Start Lamb

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Start Lamb

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 pm

AppinVA wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:No for all of the reasons that WVAPPEER stated. You are entitled to your opinions but please stop sniffing glue before posting such things.
There should be no QB controversy. One is a quarterback, the other is Kam Bryant. Good athlete, and maybe a good backup, but not a FBS starter.
Sorry, but that's a bit harsh.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:53 pm

I hate to keep going back to '06 because Lamb is not Armanti, but the situations are the same. We made the change then and it worked. IF Lamb is the QB of the future, why not go ahead and make the move now?

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Lamb looked good no doubt but you have to give Kam a little more time against our normal competition. Lamb did play against players as good as we will see most of the year, but Kam was against a very talented D. Now if it stays this way a few weeks then it might be time to make a switch.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:55 pm

Lamb just appeared to be better to me. His passes had zip and he looked confident in the pocket. Maybe thats because he wasn't getting planted every other throw, but I'm in the Lamb camp now.

Furman still sucks.
Give 'em hell!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:56 pm

appst89 wrote:I hate to keep going back to '06 because Lamb is not Armanti, but the situations are the same. We made the change then and it worked. IF Lamb is the QB of the future, why not go ahead and make the move now?
Exactly. That's the tipping point for me. Eligibility.

We can work it out against Campbell.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:56 pm

hapapp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:No for all of the reasons that WVAPPEER stated. You are entitled to your opinions but please stop sniffing glue before posting such things.
There should be no QB controversy. One is a quarterback, the other is Kam Bryant. Good athlete, and maybe a good backup, but not a FBS starter.
Sorry, but that's a bit harsh.
Meant it to say starting quarterback. Still, since I put it in that way, I'll stand behind it.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:57 pm

JTApps1 wrote:Lamb looked good no doubt but you have to give Kam a little more time against our normal competition. Lamb did play against players as good as we will see most of the year, but Kam was against a very talented D. Now if it stays this way a few weeks then it might be time to make a switch.
I could be wrong but I don't think we see a change based on one series by the backup QB. Our head coach is a former college QB, if he thinks the change is needed than I trust it. Otherwise, I think Kam is still the #1 at this point.

AppState2014

Unread post by AppState2014 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:58 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:If I'm wrong I will be the first guy on here to give all of you kudos --- BUT, there is no way, unless Kam is hurt, that you bench your leader after 3/4 of one game against a team the ESPN guys today agreed that they could be 10-1 going into Ohio State game --- Those were 9 returning defensive starters on a Big 10 team --- Heck, some of you guys are still calling for Malik Barnes --- Kam is the starter - PERIOD!!!
If Kam is hurt, then put Lamb in right now. If he isn't, then let's see a competition.

I wouldn't say name Lamb the starter yet but I want to see competition. I'd like to see them both in the next couple games and then go from there. I think Lamb makes better decisions and has a better arm.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:00 pm

I do have an opinion. My opinion is based off the fact that KB has started at the college level. Both participated in spring ball and fall camp on a level playing field. They were evaluated by coaches that are paid to make those evaluations and I dare say, know more than you about their players and the game of football.

You are making your typical controversial remarks based off of a quarter and a half of football. KB led a 75 yard scoring drive before Lamb led a very impressive 97 yard drive. The commonality of those drives was that the Michigan defense stopped playing press coverage on our receivers. I dare say that Lamb would not have executed better early in the game simply because our receivers could not get off the jam.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:03 pm

AppSt94 wrote:I do have an opinion. My opinion is based off the fact that KB has started at the college level. Both participated in spring ball and fall camp on a level playing field. They were evaluated by coaches that are paid to make those evaluations and I dare say, know more than you about their players and the game of football.

You are making your typical controversial remarks based off of a quarter and a half of football. KB led a 75 yard scoring drive before Lamb led a very impressive 97 yard drive. The commonality of those drives was that the Michigan defense stopped playing press coverage on our receivers. I dare say that Lamb would not have executed better early in the game simply because our receivers could not get off the jam.
I brought the subject up, you told me I was sniffing glue, and I'm being confrontational? :roll: I guess the majority of those who commented on this thread are confrontational glue sniffers too.

I'll just repeat that eligibility is the tiebreaker for me and that I trust our leadership to make the decision.
Last edited by Gonzo on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:05 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:If I'm wrong I will be the first guy on here to give all of you kudos --- BUT, there is no way, unless Kam is hurt, that you bench your leader after 3/4 of one game against a team the ESPN guys today agreed that they could be 10-1 going into Ohio State game --- Those were 9 returning defensive starters on a Big 10 team --- Heck, some of you guys are still calling for Malik Barnes --- Kam is the starter - PERIOD!!!
Back when DP got hurt and JJ played. These folks clamored for JJ since he was "THE QB" of the future. As soon as he became the starter, they wanted Kalik Barnes.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Its tough to say. Good news is that barring a catastrophe, both should get quality snaps next week.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Gonzo wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:I do have an opinion. My opinion is based off the fact that KB has started at the college level. Both participated in spring ball and fall camp on a level playing field. They were evaluated by coaches that are paid to make those evaluations and I dare say, know more than you about their players and the game of football.

I brought the subject up, you told me I was sniffing glue, and I'm being confrontational? :roll:

I'll just repeat that eligibility is the tiebreaker for me and that I trust our leadership to make the decision.
When you start a thread asking about a QB change within minutes of us losing the fist game of the season then yes, you are being confrontational. If your first post in said thread had some sort of valid context to support your thread then it can be viewed with credibility.

Your comment trusting leadership to make the decision, I can only assume you mean the "correct" decision was not part of any argument in the initial post.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:09 pm

appst89 wrote:I hate to keep going back to '06 because Lamb is not Armanti, but the situations are the same. We made the change then and it worked. IF Lamb is the QB of the future, why not go ahead and make the move now?
I don't think they were the same - Trey had had off-season surgery and wasn't fully recovered (same as last year with JJ) - AND again, it was ARMANTI ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
I don't think they were the same - Trey had had off-season surgery and wasn't fully recovered (same as last year with JJ) - AND again, it was ARMANTI ---
Like I said on the chat. With Lamb, I needed one drive. With Armanti, I needed one play. The way I look at it, I'm getting more patient.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

MtnDevil95

Unread post by MtnDevil95 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:12 pm

Kam did not look as good today as he did last year (like in the Ga. Southern game) this much it true. I do think it's a bit early to toss him to the bench. Campbell should be a better measure of his abilities to lead the offense. Clearly Michigan has better athletes and our receivers had issues with the bumping. Kam made some poor choices and he suffered some dropped balls in the first half that should've generated first downs. It's not all on the QB that the offense failed to get into a rhythm against much better competition.

Lamb, and the whole offense, was impressive against Michigan's 2-deep defense, which is still good news. I don't think that means Satterfield should throw Kam out with the bathwater, but it does mean that we've got a good option should Kam stumble or get injured.
“When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows.”

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:13 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

I brought the subject up, you told me I was sniffing glue, and I'm being confrontational? :roll:

When you start a thread asking about a QB change within minutes of us losing the fist game of the season then yes, you are being confrontational. If your first post in said thread had some sort of valid context to support your thread then it can be viewed with credibility.

Your comment trusting leadership to make the decision, I can only assume you mean the "correct" decision was not part of any argument in the initial post.
My next post did.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in conveying this but my sentiment has more to do with being VERY impressed with Lamb than it does being dissatisfied with Kam.

I wasn't trying to be confrontational.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:17 pm

AppinVA wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Like I said on the chat. With Lamb, I needed one drive. With Armanti, I needed one play. The way I look at it, I'm getting more patient.
I can't argue with your assessment of Lamb's play. He looked poised, great zip on the ball and was accurate. I can see him playing is way into a coaches decision.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Thw thing people forget about Elder/AE is that Elder got hurt against JMU and AE came in. Next week was vs Mars Hill so they didn't rush Elder back. Then it was just apparent AE was special. The rest is history. But it only happened that early cause Elder was hurt.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Gonzo wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

My next post did.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in conveying this but my sentiment has more to do with being VERY impressed with Lamb than it does being dissatisfied with Kam.

I wasn't trying to be confrontational.
Understandable Gonzo. We fans can afford to be impatient. Coaches cannot afford that luxury. Rash decisions create behind the scenes headaches that fans don't see.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”