Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Start Lamb

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Start Lamb

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:25 pm

GoApps70 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
GreatAppSt wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

You never answered my initial question. (Shocker) Do you have experience coaching football, evaluating players at the college level or above?
Sooooo, said experience is now required to voice an opinion here on MMB? :shock:
Not at all. But if you have an opinion you should be able to back it up with some amount of valid information. The question was asked because the poster thinks he knows more than the coaches and I wanted to understand his qualifications to justify such a statement. The original poster stated that Lamb was better than Kam and that the coaches lied to said poster because they told him the best QB would play. Based on this statement, I assume that he knows Lamb to be better and therefore should be playing ahead of KB. I simply wanted to know if he had expertise on the matter.
We all know how little experience you have if you cannot even tell the difference between a good QB and one just as a place holder. What is your main sport - soccer? By your twisted definition only politicians should vote, or doctors receive surgery.
Typical response from you. Expected nothing less.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:32 pm

T-Dog wrote:I posted his on the SunBeltBBS board as well.

I went to many of the practices this fall. Kam was the starter and should have been from day one. He looked the best and would make throws the others were afraid to.

However he looked completely different in game. Timid, a second late, relying on the 5-yard outs that he has to throw 25 yards to the sidelines. Lamb looked more like a QB. His first ever college pass was five yards deep in the end zone on 3rd and 15 and he got the first down.

Kam deserved to be the starter vs Michigan. That can't be pinned on the coaches in hindsight. Now they have game experience to look back on.

Both will play next week. We'll see them and vs USM.
Thank you T- Dog. That was my point. Kam was named the starter for a reason and that reason was he played better in practice. Some on this board suggested that he be supplanted as the starter based on two series orchestrated by Lamb. My point was that it was not enough body of work to justify an abrupt change. Lamb deserves a look in game situation and he might play well enough to force the coaches to make a decision. Whatever the case may be, I trust the coaches to make the best decision for the team.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:37 pm

T-Dog wrote: Lamb looked more like a QB. His first ever college pass was five yards deep in the end zone on 3rd and 15 and he got the first down.
So long as we all acknowledge that it was actually a poor throw, and Sumler totally bailed him out and made the play himself.

If Sumler doesn't stop on a dime, reach behind his body to catch the bad throw, then step on the gas and break a tackle to get the 1st, then that drive is a 3 and out and this thread doesn't exist.

BTW, it was 3rd and 8.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:52 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
T-Dog wrote: Lamb looked more like a QB. His first ever college pass was five yards deep in the end zone on 3rd and 15 and he got the first down.
So long as we all acknowledge that it was actually a poor throw, and Sumler totally bailed him out and made the play himself.

If Sumler doesn't stop on a dime, reach behind his body to catch the bad throw, then step on the gas and break a tackle to get the 1st, then that drive is a 3 and out and this thread doesn't exist.

BTW, it was 3rd and 8.
People with astute observation skills such as GoApp70 must have forgotten that nugget.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:39 pm

AppSt94 wrote:No for all of the reasons that WVAPPEER stated. You are entitled to your opinions but please stop sniffing glue before posting such things.
Odd how AppSt94 says earlier "You are entitled to your opinions..."
Must just be if it is exactly what AppSt94 believes. No other opinions, other than AppSt94, should post.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:27 am

GoApps70 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:No for all of the reasons that WVAPPEER stated. You are entitled to your opinions but please stop sniffing glue before posting such things.
Must just be if it is exactly what AppSt94 believes. No other opinions, other than AppSt94, should post.
You don't back your opinion up with anything. I stated why Lamb should not be the starter and provided my reasons as to why he shouldn't. You stated that he should because he passed your "Eye" test. Now if you have some sort of coaching background that would validate that evaluation then I would be inclined to take it under consideration. I simply asked about your background to make such statements. You haven't given them to me. Instead of answering you just deflect and try and pull me down.
Plenty of posters on here have opinions not much different than yours and they all presented reasonable arguments for their positions. I acknowledged their points and we were able to converse like adults. You seem to enjoy operating this way in forums. You read a post and then offer some half cocked, non thought provoking response to the question and then instead of defending your position you attack anyone that pushes on you. You are an angry troll that wants to feel relevant.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:21 am

AppSt94 wrote:
GoApps70 wrote:
You don't back your opinion up with anything. I stated why Lamb should not be the starter and provided my reasons as to why he shouldn't. You stated that he should because he passed your "Eye" test. Now if you have some sort of coaching background that would validate that evaluation then I would be inclined to take it under consideration. I simply asked about your background to make such statements. You haven't given them to me. Instead of answering you just deflect and try and pull me down.
Plenty of posters on here have opinions not much different than yours and they all presented reasonable arguments for their positions. I acknowledged their points and we were able to converse like adults. You seem to enjoy operating this way in forums. You read a post and then offer some half cocked, non thought provoking response to the question and then instead of defending your position you attack anyone that pushes on you. You are an angry troll that wants to feel relevant.
Can't we all just get along? :|
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:57 am

While Lamb certainly looked better than Kam did against Michigan, there were also two glaring differences they were facing:

1. No disguised blitzes. Against Kam and the 1's, Michigan blitzed almost every play and disguised them well. It was tough for Kam to make the pre-snap read and the RB's, OL, and TEs to read the pickup. Against Lamb, there was very little disguising when they did blitz. Thus, the blitzes were picked up better and Lamb was able to make the read pre-snap better.

2. The WR's weren't getting jammed at the line of scrimmage when the 2/3s were in. With the 1's, the DBs were VERY aggressive and our young WR corp had a tough time getting off the jams. This made it hard on Kam because the timing routes were thrown off. Couple that with the blitzes, and Kam didn't have time to make the progressions. Against, Lamb, this was not the case.

I am not sure who should be QB as I was only able to make it to 2 of the open practices this year. Based on what I saw in those, Kam was the clear winner. Based on what I saw against UM, Lamb is providing more pressure on Kam. However, based on the above two differences the QBs saw, I will leave it up to the coaches to decide.

If football were as easy as "hey, he looked better on that one drive when the game was handily decided and the opponent was no longer playing as aggressive, so he's obviously the better QB" then we would all be coaches some where and football would not be as entertaining.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 am

Here's at least closer to an apples-to-apples comparison: stats for the second half only.

Bryant: 3-5, 47 yards, 1 TD.
9.4 ypa
First drive: TD
Second drive: 3 and out

Lamb: 9-14, 69 yards.
4.9 ypa
Second drive: Turnover on downs

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:34 am

This thread is beginning to remind me of appfan. I no longer go to appfan because the personal attacks are nauseating. Appstate94, please stick to the facts as you see them and leave the personal assessments on another blog. Thank you.

bh2oson

Unread post by bh2oson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:42 am

EastHallApp wrote:Here's at least closer to an apples-to-apples comparison: stats for the second half only.

Bryant: 3-5, 47 yards, 1 TD.
9.4 ypa
Second drive: 3 and out

Lamb: 9-14, 69 yards.
4.9 ypa
Second drive: Turnover on downs
Nice work. That, to me, shows both QB's did better in the second half. The coaches adjusted to the man coverage, Michigan dialed it down a little on the blitzes, and the results were better. If Kam was the starter at the end of fall practice I do not believe he did anything to lose his job yet.
bh2oson aka Bill Waterson

clemmonsapp

Unread post by clemmonsapp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:39 pm

I don't think it is fair to lay this at the feet of Bryant.

We were unprepared to face a press defense. This is a coaching problem. We prepared for a Michigan team that played almost exclusively zone. That was last years Michigan team. This years team, WITH A NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR, pressed the receivers and brought pressure. The new coordinator came from Georgia - where he pressed the receivers and brought pressure. We played Georgia last year. How were we not prepared for this defense?

Lamb may be the better QB. That will work itself out.

We need to do our homework and prepare for the appropriate scheme

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:01 pm

EastHallApp wrote:

BTW, it was 3rd and 8.
FWIW. We had many outstanding receivers over the years who bailed out two of the best quarterbacks in Mountaineer history on certain critical downs...Richie Williams and Armanti Edwards. Heck, for that matter I bet even Steve Brown would admit that Rick Beasley did so for him on several occasions.

I simply hope that Kam and Lamb both get opportunities to prove their worth Saturday and the Saturdays after. Having two quality QB's and leaders is nothing but a huge positive. Let's hope the coaching staff fully uses and appreciates that fact.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

rbarthle17
Site Admin

Unread post by rbarthle17 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:58 pm

This thread has finally driven me over the edge. I'm going to say something I thought I'd never say:

I miss Doug Glenn.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:16 pm

rbarthle17 wrote:This thread has finally driven me over the edge. I'm going to say something I thought I'd never say:

I miss Doug Glenn.
You really aren't missing him :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:24 pm

rbarthle17 wrote:This thread has finally driven me over the edge. I'm going to say something I thought I'd never say:

I miss Doug Glenn.
You didn't really think Doug stopped posting on this board and other boards? It's much more convenient for him to use pseudonym(s). It makes it so much easier, for example, to trash the wife of the former head coach.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:32 pm

I consider this a slight improvement over a "Fire Satterfield" thread. Very slight.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Appftw wrote:I consider this a slight improvement over a "Fire Satterfield" thread. Very slight.
Nah.

Pretty much everyone agrees it's a fair question. They just aren't subsequently getting along.

The fire Sat thread was reducio ad absurdem. A product of raw emotion and spoiled fans.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:15 pm

I miss Doug Glenn.
I bet you do, FWIW Appman on the 24/7 board hasn't seen enough to think Lamb should start, yet.

DaytoninMI
School: Michigan

Unread post by DaytoninMI » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:58 pm

clemmonsapp wrote:I don't think it is fair to lay this at the feet of Bryant.

We were unprepared to face a press defense. This is a coaching problem. We prepared for a Michigan team that played almost exclusively zone. That was last years Michigan team. This years team, WITH A NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR, pressed the receivers and brought pressure. The new coordinator came from Georgia - where he pressed the receivers and brought pressure. We played Georgia last year. How were we not prepared for this defense?

Lamb may be the better QB. That will work itself out.

We need to do our homework and prepare for the appropriate scheme
I came back to this board because I remember seeing this thread the other day when I made my first post commenting on the game from a Michigan fan perspective.

Anyways I read an article today that quotes the App state coach as saying they prepped for mostly zone, which is what you said. But Michigan has the same defense coordinator they've had since Brady Hoke got here, Greg Mattison. Our Offensive coordinator has changed yes. Maybe i'm mistaking your post and if I am i'm sorry.

That is poor coaching yes and Kam shouldn't take the brunt of the criticism. There is also something to be said about a player who can improvise and make things happen. Its hard to judge teams in games like this and I'd think Kam would do better moving forward.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”