Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Start Lamb

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

Re: Start Lamb

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:15 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:Just remember, Gonzo and GoApps70 are on the same team when it comes to Lamb. They're both driving the train. :shock:
The single most harmful thing to my rhetoric in this entire thread. :?

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 pm

"The most absurd thing posted in this thread is that the very question of our starting QB after week one was absurd."

On that - you are 100% correct !!! --- :mrgreen:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:23 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:"The most absurd thing posted in this thread is that the very question of our starting QB after week one was absurd."

Wait, so you're also so arrogant as to say that my (and 18 other people's) opinion after week one was "absurd" and "laughably stupid?"

You're right, I'm not a math guy. But isn't it usually true that the outlier is the more extreme -- more arguably "absurd?"

I'm totally fine with agreeing to disagree if you two fools want to cut your losses. There's nothing necessarily "knee-jerky" or emotionally motivated about forming an opinion after watching Lamb's poise and precision at UM. Especially considering I was 4 points from predicting the score exactly.
Last edited by Gonzo on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:31 pm

I stand by my original sentiment. Caruso will be better than Lamb anyways, so get ready to see 2 QBs on Saturday and next year as well.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Gonzo wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:Just remember, Gonzo and GoApps70 are on the same team when it comes to Lamb. They're both driving the train. :shock:
The single most harmful thing to my rhetoric in this entire thread. :?
Yeah, I know...but, I had to point it out. :lol:
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:34 pm

Appftw wrote:I stand by my original sentiment. Caruso will be better than Lamb anyways, so get ready to see 2 QBs on Saturday and next year as well.
WHAT?!

You think it's absurd to evaluate Lamb after a single game and opine that he should be starting, yet you've never seen Caruso practice, you have nothing but a high school highlight tape to gauge him, and you're proclaiming him better than Lamb??

:lol:

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Actually, it's been said many times that Caruso has the strongest arm of any of our current QBs. I saw the spring game so I've actually seen him play, but I didn't say he should be the starter right now and then desperately try to vindicate my wild claims for the next 3 weeks, because you're right that would just be ridiculous.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Appftw wrote:Actually, it's been said many times that Caruso has the strongest arm of any of our current QBs. I saw the spring game so I've actually seen him play, but I didn't say he should be the starter right now and then desperately try to vindicate my wild claims for the next 3 weeks, because you're right that would just be ridiculous.
Sounds like an absurd, laughably stupid, knee-jerk reaction to me.

Let us pause so that you may clean the poo off your shoe.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:55 pm

So what happens next year when the commit with two first names comes in and is better than all of them?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:59 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:So what happens next year when the commit with two first names comes in and is better than all of them?
Well we certainly wouldn't speculate and opine as to which one is better or which should start. That would be idiotic. ;)

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:59 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:So what happens next year when the commit with two first names comes in and is better than all of them?
JMO, but a starting position, whether it be QB or any other, is not won based on seniority or class year. If the kid with two first names is the best QB as a true freshman and he proves it to the coaches during his opportunities then I say start him. I say start whoever gives you the best chance to win.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:13 pm

appst89 wrote:
JMO, but a starting position, whether it be QB or any other, is not won based on seniority or class year. If the kid with two first names is the best QB as a true freshman and he proves it to the coaches during his opportunities then I say start him. I say start whoever gives you the best chance to win.
This post is not directly aimed at appst89 but it is spot on in explaining how foolish it was to start a debate about which QB should start after watching Lamb run two series against backups and after Michigan had abandoned their defensive game plan. Like it or not KB won the starting QB position. He was the #1 in spring ball and coming out of fall camp so he did prove it to the coaches that he was the starter. Despite what the 90% (Gonzo's math) of those on this board that think Lamb is clearly better, KB kept the job as starter through the Campbell game. If Lamb comes out and starts on Saturday then that is great news because that means that he has taken the job away from KB because KB has not done anything to lose it. But to create a thread to start a QB controversy moments after the first game of the season is belittling to the abilities of our paid coaching staff and is disrespectful to the young man that won the job.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:24 pm

AppSt94 wrote:[T]o create a thread to start a QB controversy moments after the first game of the season is belittling to the abilities of our paid coaching staff and is disrespectful to the young man that won the job.
We'd better shut down the message boards, lest we belittle our coaches and disrespect our players with every football thread.

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

AppSt94 wrote:..... If Lamb comes out and starts on Saturday then that is great news because that means that he has taken the job away from KB because KB has not done anything to lose it. But to create a thread to start a QB controversy moments after the first game of the season is belittling to the abilities of our paid coaching staff and is disrespectful to the young man that won the job.
That sir may be the best two sentences of this 240 + post thread!

234 but who is counting....
Go APPS!

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Appftw wrote:I stand by my original sentiment. Caruso will be better than Lamb anyways, so get ready to see 2 QBs on Saturday and next year as well.
WHAT?!

You think it's absurd to evaluate Lamb after a single game and opine that he should be starting, yet you've never seen Caruso practice, you have nothing but a high school highlight tape to gauge him, and you're proclaiming him better than Lamb??

If I had made a "Start Caruso" thread immediately after the spring game (he actually played better than KB because he had a smaller sample size just like Lamb at Michigan), then maybe your "WHAT?!" would be warranted. Once again, your tendency to wildly exaggerate undermines your point.

As far as stepping in poo, no one knows more about that than the infamous Gonzo. You should stick to heckling UNCC players on twitter rather than presuming to be more knowledgeable than the "chessmaster" and his staff.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Appftw wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
WHAT?!

If I had made a "Start Caruso" thread immediately after the spring game (he actually played better than KB because he had a smaller sample size just like Lamb at Michigan), then maybe your "WHAT?!" would be warranted. Once again, your tendency to wildly exaggerate undermines your point.

As far as stepping in poo, no one knows more about that than the infamous Gonzo. You should stick to heckling UNCC players on twitter rather than presuming to be more knowledgeable than the "chessmaster" and his staff.
Gotta love personal attacks. The mark of the defeated.

19 people were so impressed by Lamb that they came here to talk about making the switch. Many more were impressed enough to entertain an open competition, which is what we ultimately saw. Only one of those people is me.

As we will see Saturday, the "chessmaster" has sided with the masses in this thread. The "absurd" and "laughably stupid" idea took a mere 2 weeks (one week with no game and another against a glorified inter-mural team) for the boss to officially make the switch. The guy who bears the responsibility of the decision drew a conclusion that you STILL find absurd. He gave Lamb half the game the very next week after Michgan, and started practicing him with the ones right after. You're the one that presumes to know more than Satterfield if you're still trying to convince yourself that the idea was absurd after week one.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Gonzo wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:"The most absurd thing posted in this thread is that the very question of our starting QB after week one was absurd."

Wait, so you're also so arrogant as to say that my (and 18 other people's) opinion after week one was "absurd" and "laughably stupid?"

You're right, I'm not a math guy. But isn't it usually true that the outlier is the more extreme -- more arguably "absurd?"

I'm totally fine with agreeing to disagree if you two fools want to cut your losses. There's nothing necessarily "knee-jerky" or emotionally motivated about forming an opinion after watching Lamb's poise and precision at UM. Especially considering I was 4 points from predicting the score exactly.
Well watch out what you use as examples - :? - I would venture to say the great majority on this board are some type of conservative - You and I might be the only two fools who are not --- :o :o :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:58 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Well watch out what you use as examples - :? - I would venture to say the great majority on this board are some type of conservative - You and I might be the only two fools who are not --- :o :o :o
Now you're just trying to assassinate my character :lol:

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Just trying to point out that you do have a functioning brain Mr. Scarecrow, I mean Mr. Gonzo
--- :mrgreen:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Gonzo wrote:I just went back through the thread. I didn't include people who were unsure and wanted to see more competetion to decide (all of whom would agree that this was a fair question now and at the time), but those who formed an opinion and posted it in this thread broke down as follows:

Pro:
Gonzo
Bcoach
BeauFoster
App72
AppinVA
AppAttack
SixToes
AppSt89
Yosef10
ASU1978
TractorApp
WataugaMan
AppARJ
TheAnnoyingPeasant
Rick0714
AppBio91
GoApps70
App91
Appbio91

Anti:
WVAppeer
AppSt94
AppDaze
Hapapp (Still seemed a bit undecided)
Clayton
Appftw

That's 19-6 (76%) of those who voiced a clear favorite after week one with another large group eager to debate the topic and decide after another week of evaluation. Not quite 90%, but a clear majority to say the least.

The most absurd thing posted in this thread is that the very question of our starting QB after week one was absurd.

Gonzo, why are you leaving a PRO brother out?
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”